PDA

View Full Version : Junk Mail?????

OutCole'd
11-30-2007, 08:19 AM
How the hell do you stop this? I use Outlook and seem to get 100+ junk emails a day. Is there a special program I could buy that prevents this crap?

That Guy
11-30-2007, 08:21 AM
How the hell do you stop this? I use Outlook and seem to get 100+ junk emails a day. Is there a special program I could buy that prevents this crap?
Stop browsing at Buttthumpers.com.....:D

That Guy
11-30-2007, 08:21 AM
You can also download and use Ad aware...it gets rid of a lot of this stuff...

OutCole'd
11-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Stop browsing at Buttthumpers.com.....:D
Thanks, I'll try that.....:D
You can also download and use Ad aware...it gets rid of a lot of this stuff...
I've used adaware, it seems to remove bugs, but not stop emails:confused:

Cigalert
11-30-2007, 08:27 AM
If you were an investor of the "new MLM" group you would already be protected.

HM
11-30-2007, 08:37 AM
G-mail probably has the best junk mail filter built in. If you don't want to change your e-mail, then you will have to start setting rules in outlook, or buy a program.
I use a service called spam arrest (www.spamarrest.com) that requires senders to enter a code that is sent to them via e-mail to be able to get their mail to you. When they first send you an e-mail, spam arrest replies and sends them a link to go authorize their e-mail to make it to you. You can also go to the spam arrest site and authorize people on your own. There will be an area of all the e-mail that has not been authorized and eventually will get deleted. People have to really want you to get their e-mail as they have to do a little extra work. Once they are authorized (by you or by them authorizing themselves), they don't have to do it again on future e-mails. you can also de-authorized someone and they can't re-authorize it themselves. Because of the link style and encrypted looking code you have to put in to authorize, the spammers don't bother since most of the spamming is automated and it is impossible for the automated systems to get around it.
But, there is a big problem with using Spam Arrest. For one, it replies to spammers which lets them know the e-mail address is good. And even though they don't get thru, they know you will probably eventually get rid of your spam arrest account...and when you do, the flood gates open!!! Also, because it sends a link in an e-mail, many people (smart people) won't click on links in e-mails that they know you did not write/send because there is a huge chance they will be directed to a site that will load their computer with spy ware, viruses, or both. Even though the reply e-mail from Spam Arrest has a message from you, it is an automated message and people should just delete those types of e-mails.

LEADFOOTjosh
11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
i use gmail.. and i never get junk mail..