PDA

View Full Version : Stock Speculators

dirty old man
11-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Conoco Phillips ( COP ) is possibly going to build a new Alaska Pipeline for natural gas from AK to IL. Their stock has been fairly flat for the past year, this may be an opportunity for the future. I'm doing well in the oil stocks

justfloatn
11-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Not if Al Gore has anything to say about it:devil: :D
Energy has been good the last 3 years:D about 30%avg

dirty old man
11-30-2007, 10:13 AM
You're right about that! Does Al have friends in Canada?

Jordy
11-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Does Al have friends in Canada?
I may be mistaken, but I believe that Al invented Canada. :idea: :D

centerhill condor
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
cop has been a buy for about 6 weeks for a variety of reasons. Incidentally, exxon and friends have been building a pipeline from Canada to Beaumont Texas (of spindletop fame).
Apparently, we like that Canadian oil.
CC

Trailer Park Casanova
11-30-2007, 12:53 PM
In addition,, GPRO /Gen prob looks good too.

BoatPI
11-30-2007, 01:00 PM
The problem with Canadian tar sands oil is that it is heavy stuff and not so suitable for CA. Until recently mosy of it was refined in the USA. No plans are up and running building a refinery in Alberta. One thought is to build a pipeline into IL for gasoline. Look at the recent explosion of an Alberta pipeline pumping heavy crude ino IL.
Also theie is a minor upheavel about proposed increased oil tarfifs in Alberta. As I see the Albertans are getting screwed. They have all of the oil and natural gas and pay nearly $4.00 a gallon for gas. I own property in Alberta and when I visit the gas is between 90 cents and $1.09 a litre!
Also ANYONE that is or wants to be in the oil trades and make big$$, that is the place to be. Also good construction workers are needed at all levels in the Calgary area. Canada is waving some visa restrictions to import skilled workers as the economy is going so strong.