PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taken a European Cruise?

Boozer
11-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I've got everyone crossed off on my christmas shopping list now with the exception of my father. I'm thinking about taking him on a European cruise.
I found a cruise that starts in Amsterdam and goes for 8 days. I think I'm going to do it.
Anyone ever taken one of these before?

big crapolla
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Yea! Last year I took a European river cruise. Budapest to Amsterdam. 14 days. 65 river locks. Awsome trip. New city every day, lots of off-boat time. You see the older city center's since that's how trade was conducted in the early days. You can have meals in town or on the boat. Great local restaurants and night clubs.
Drawbacks: Small ship doesn't have the "big hotel entertainment and atmosphere, passengers are a bit older (I'm 54)
But, I'd do it again!!

photo chick
11-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I've cruised the French Riviera (Cannes, Monte Carlo, St. Tropez and others). It was beautiful and a lot of fun.
IMO Windstar Cruises is the best cruiseline!! They are a smaller ship and stop in coves and not stinky ports. Kids are strongly encouraged NOT to cruise with them and you can eat dinner whenever you want, even in your room! www.windstarcruises.com

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I've heard the Rhine is a great river to cruise also. Castles all the way down it.

photo chick
11-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I've heard the Rhine is a great river to cruise also. Castles all the way down it.
I've heard that also, I think that would be real cool to do!!

Jetboatguru
11-30-2007, 10:14 PM
I've cruised the French Riviera (Cannes, Monte Carlo, St. Tropez and others). It was beautiful and a lot of fun.
IMO Windstar Cruises is the best cruiseline!! They are a smaller ship and stop in coves and not stinky ports. Kids are strongly encouraged NOT to cruise with them and you can eat dinner whenever you want, even in your room! www.windstarcruises.com
Where havent you been?:jawdrop:

photo chick
11-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Where havent you been?:jawdrop:
What's it to you? Spain and Kenya....haven't been there yet, they're on my list :D
Nice avatar!!!

Jetboatguru
11-30-2007, 10:27 PM
What's it to you? Spain and Kenya....haven't been there yet, they're on my list :D
Nice avatar!!!
I cant stand the avatar!! I need to change it. Kenya? Kenya what?

Sleeper CP
11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I've got everyone crossed off on my christmas shopping list now with the exception of my father. I'm thinking about taking him on a European cruise.
I found a cruise that starts in Amsterdam and goes for 8 days. I think I'm going to do it.
Anyone ever taken one of these before?
You didn't limit it to ship only, my wife and I did a 10 day Gate1 tour in Italy
a few years ago. I see if I can find the web site. www.gate1travel.com
Oh, we had a blast it was a great trip and would do one of their tour's again in a heartbeat.
Sleeper CP

Ziggy
11-30-2007, 11:19 PM
The worlds early Toll booths.....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-01-2007, 10:52 AM
The worlds early Toll booths.....
LOL, I never thought of it that way, but I'm sure you're right.

Sleeper CP
12-01-2007, 12:01 PM
LOL, I never thought of it that way, but I'm sure you're right.
You will learn that from your guide when you go on the cruise. That is if you
aren't one of those people that talk while the guide is trying to teach you something:idea: As a teacher I'm sure you wouldn't do that;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

spectras only
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Boozer , here is a link for all Europe cruises .
http://www.europeanrivercruises.com/european_riverboats.cfm?source=google
I think a cruise from Germany to the Iron Gate on the Danube River would be a lifetime experience . I did the short trip from Budapest to Vienna on a hydrofoil that was very scenic .