PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Siberian Orchestra live show

~FM
12-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Wow. Talk about a "whole being" experience! A very dear friend spontaneously gifted me with a ticket to see TSO live at GM Place here tonight (or rather last night by now). The gift was more than just a concert; the gift was the content and the experience itself. I feel gratitude towards my friend from the bottom of my heart.
First of all, I spent the first half hour sitting in my seat grinning just to be there and the show hadn't even started yet (they were playing a TSO cd over the sound system though).
When they finally started the show I was beyond pleased that for the first time in YEARS the music was exactly loud enough for me; loud enough to change my heartbeat and that always feels better to me than how it beats on its own. :cool:
They performed the most pertinent tracks to the story thread from the "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" album. It was such a wonderful feeling of familiarity and anticipation; knowing how the story goes and how much I enjoy it every time I listen to it. My favorite song from that album often makes me cry at home, which is fine when I'm alone, but hearing it live surrounded by hundreds of people it hit me even harder than usual. I'm uncomfortable with anyone catching me crying but thankfully TSO is so fascinating to watch that nobody saw the wet stuff leaking from my eyes anyway - whew!
When they had wrapped up the story from the album, I was finally getting my tears under control and I thought the show was over - it wasn't! :D The story portion was just the first half of the show! :eek:
The musical and vocal talent of TSO is absolutely mind blowing! The light show was incredible, too! I about lost my voice cheering when they started to play another familiar favorite "Wizard Of Winter" (btw, IMO, the house lights on youtube have nothing over on TSO's version of light syncing! LOL!) !
At one point, two of the guitar players had a showdown/argument with each other using just their guitars - that had me giggling in no time at all!
Later on they played a cover of CCR's Proud Mary which was also a lot of fun!
By the time the show was over, I'd had chills, I'd cried, I'd laughed, I'd chair-danced, I'd lost my voice from cheering, my hands were throbbing from clapping, and my face hurt from smiling so much! It was all good (wayyyyyy mild word). I am so completely awed. :cool:
Bottom line is - TSO rocked me to my core and my dear friend truly touched my heart with this gift, more than I can ever fully express - but of course I had to try to and share about it here, too, lol! ;) :D

AZKC
12-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Sounds like a must see show:)

totenhosen
12-01-2007, 08:34 AM
your post sounds like you cut and pasted it from somewhere.

XtrmWakeborder
12-01-2007, 09:42 AM
I want to see them so bad! Someday...:)

Wet Dream
12-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Which is your favorite song? I like Old City Bar, and This Christmas Day. Which is the tear jerker?

~FM
12-01-2007, 11:02 AM
your post sounds like you cut and pasted it from somewhere.
Yes, I did. I composed it in notepad then copied and pasted it. :)

~FM
12-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I want to see them so bad! Someday...:)
That's what I said in passing to my friend and then BAM same day I said it, someday arrived! :D
Which is your favorite song? I like Old City Bar, and This Christmas Day. Which is the tear jerker?
It's the combination of "How could you know this? The child said I've noticed, 'if one could be home they'd be already there.' " and then The emotion of This Christmas Day right from the first line on, "Tell me Christmas, are we wise, to believe in things we've never seen?" and figures I'm tearing up just hearing it in my head :p ... probably have to play the album a few times today. :)

coolchange
12-01-2007, 11:29 AM
I went for the first time this year also. Been tryin to go for a couple of years but it just couldn't happen. Took my kids and told them we were goin to see a christmas concert from an orchestra.:devil: They are 18 and 12. The 12 year old was cool but the 18 was just whining especially when it took 2 1/2 hours to do a normal 1 hour ride.( The wed before TG traffic). When it started they just looked at each other and went YA! THe guitar duel was cool and the keyboard one also. But I dug the girl on the violin! I have to agree I thought it was over but it was only 1/2 way. When I go to a concert I'm usually dissapionted when its finished. Meaning is that all? I have to say at TSO I was FINISHED.

~FM
12-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi Effy!!! :D
Good to see you back slumming on this site
You're a little bit evil! :p Hi Mike. :) Thanks, it's good to be back - but slumming? Pshaw. ;)

~FM
12-01-2007, 11:46 AM
They allow people from Sask here so slumming is the word.
Everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion. :D

amatosanger
12-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Me and my wife and 6 friends are going to see them tonite at 8pm in Grand Rapids Michigan. :D
My wife has seen the show 7 years in a row!

Wet Dream
12-01-2007, 03:42 PM
That's what I said in passing to my friend and then BAM same day I said it, someday arrived! :D
It's the combination of "How could you know this? The child said I've noticed, 'if one could be home they'd be already there.' " and then The emotion of This Christmas Day right from the first line on, "Tell me Christmas, are we wise, to believe in things we've never seen?" and figures I'm tearing up just hearing it in my head :p ... probably have to play the album a few times today. :)
The first few lines are from Old City Bar.

amatosanger
12-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Just got back from the concert WOW! what a great show they put on.