PDA

View Full Version : WhatÂ’s your BCS Bowl predictions?

78Southwind
12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Assuming LSU doesn’t leap frog Georgia what are your predictions for the other four BCS Bowl games?
BCS Championship (at Sugar Bowl) BCS #1 and BCS #2 Ohio State vs. Georgia
Orange Bowl gets first pick, Fiesta Bowl gets second pick and Sugar Bowl gets third pick.
BCS berths
Atlantic Coast Conference - Orange Bowl Virginia Tech vs.
Big 12 Conference - Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma vs.
Pac-10 Conference - Rose Bowl USC vs.
Southeastern Conference - Sugar Bowl LSU vs.
Big East Conference West Virginia vs.

OKIE-JET
12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
I dont think Georgia will make it to sugar, IMO they'll pick LSU.
Also think Kansas will take on OK.
Or maybe im not readin that right.

OKIE-JET
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
The Sugar Bowl and BCS Championship are two different bowls. The Sugar Bowl is played on Jan 1 and the BCS Championship, also in New Orleans this year, is played on the 7th.
Guess I f'd that up.:D

acatitude
12-01-2007, 11:41 PM
BCS is such bullshit....... Just proves you need a playoff system.... I'd like to see the 2 best teams.... guess that means Id like to see LSU and USC, regardless of their losses....like I want to see hawaii in a bcs bowl gane they cant even beat a middle of the road pac 10 team...
maybe we could see LSU in rose bowl against USC

78Southwind
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I think the Orange Bowl will be Virginia Tech vs. Florida but I am not sure of the others until the Hawaii (Warriors) vs. Washington game is over.

78Southwind
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
BCS is such bullshit....... Just proves you need a playoff system.... I'd like to see the 2 best teams.... guess that means Id like to see LSU and USC, regardless of their losses....like I want to see hawaii in a bcs bowl gane they cant even beat a middle of the road pac 10 team...
maybe we could see LSU in rose bowl against USC
I would like to see a LSU vs. USC game too. I think its going to be another one of those years where the AP is going to have a different #1 than the BCS.

78Southwind
12-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Really, a 3 loss team in a BCS game? Hawaii just tied the game, they were saying if Hawaii won, they were going to the Orange.
I guess I should get more than basic cable. I am just guessing here but I think the “no losses in November” will help their rankings and the Orange Bowl would probably like to pull in some local fans.

78Southwind
12-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Wow, Washington has gone 80 yards in 20 seconds. :eek: Stay Tuned!
So did Washington tie it up?

78Southwind
12-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Hawaii intercepts in the end zone to end the game. What a fantastic game and comeback.
It's going to an interesting day on Sunday. So who do you think USC will end up playing?

78Southwind
12-02-2007, 01:18 AM
I think:
BCS - Ohio State vs Georgia
Rose - USC vs WV/Kansas/Missouri
Sugar - LSU vs WV/Kansas/Missouri
Orange - VT vs Hawaii
Fiesta - ASU vs Oklahoma
Somebody gets left out. Me, I would leave Kansas out, but they travel well.
Some how I left ASU out of my equation thatÂ’s how I got Florida in the Orange Bowl. Wow it looks like Kansas will probably be left out.

78Southwind
12-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Rivals.com is predicting the following:
BCS Title Game: Ohio State vs. LSU
Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Kansas
Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Hawaii
Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois
ASU and Missouri would be passed up by a three loss team. However, I can understand the Rose Bowl trying to push for a PAC 10 BIG 10 match up.

ChumpChange
12-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Just Announced. LSU is #2 in the Coaches which will mean a near lock for the Championship game against OSU.

ChumpChange
12-02-2007, 02:27 PM
That was announced hours ago, much to my dismay. How do they jump Georgia?
How can Georgia, part of the SEC, be ahead of the team that wins the SEC? I think that was the justification.

ChumpChange
12-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, then don't start patting every team on the back when they beat the #2 Georgia Bulldogs if they aren't really the #2 team in the country. You see what I'm saying. Artificially high rankings only helped LSU jump up.
As a season in whole, I don't thing Georgia should have been number two but they had to go somewhere when all the teams ahead of them kept losing. It just goes to show you that the Coaches are trying to get the best match-ups possible, otherwise, they would have never had LS jump Georgia.

ChumpChange
12-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Although I will say that Georgia as of now should be #2 as they are on fuego.

78Southwind
12-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Illinois is outside the top 12, I can't see them getting a BCS bid. There's already going to be one, possibly two teams in the top 12 that don't get bids. Plus, I don't agree with their matchups.
The Rose Bowl cannot push for a matchup, it must be BCS vs. BCS.
I am not sure exactly how it works now with the changes but the Rose Bowl in the past use to pick the second place team in the PAC 10 or BIG 10 to play if their first pick went to the BCS Title game.

78Southwind
12-02-2007, 02:39 PM
All four major bowls are merely BCS vs BCS matchups. I believe you must finish in the top 12 in the BCS to even be considered for a BCS bowl.
If I remember right I think they were going to push that out to the top 16 teams.

Havasu1986
12-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Illinois is outside the top 12, I can't see them getting a BCS bid. There's already going to be one, possibly two teams in the top 12 that don't get bids. Plus, I don't agree with their matchups.
The Rose Bowl cannot push for a matchup, it must be BCS vs. BCS.
Blew that one Jon. :eek: :D