PDA

View Full Version : What about a 30' Cobra Powerboat?

jbrauer
09-13-2001, 09:45 AM
I am looking at a used Cobra 30' Powerboat, manufactured in New Jersey. The manufacturer's phones are disconnected. Does anyone know what happened to them? Also, anything I need to know about their boats. Anything good, bad, or otherwise that I need to be aware of??

phillyray
09-13-2001, 10:51 AM
Jbrauer, I live in the Philly area, I've see a coupel of those cats running around the Delaware River.Looks like a good boat,however don't know about the hull lay-up ect. There was a quite large cat for sale,(Cobra) in NJ. it had 2 2.5 Merc's hanging off the back. Dont think I would buy a large boat if I can't talk with the manufacture!

SHARKEYMARINE
10-27-2001, 08:17 PM
OUT OF BUSINESS. Fast hull, but too shallow of a tunnel. Hard riding boat. They didn't use the best of everything, and you will find plywood floors and not composite panels. Hope this helps...

waterwitch688
11-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Hey gentlemen,
My husband and I just got our new 3100 Cobra Predator and she is outfitted with twin 300's. And all I can say is wow!!! One of the nice things about dealing factory direct was that it allowed us to visit our boat while in production. So obviously Cobra can't be out of business, while we witnessed many boats in progress. As for Cobra's laminate schedule, my husband was dually impressed with it's rigging and glass work. Therefore, the above posting doesn't seem accurate. We outfitted our boat for fishing and pleasure so that our family can enjoy it also. I would suggest anyone looking at buying a boat look into a Cobra. We're sure glad we did!
Anybody want to know how our experience was and how our boat is running, feel free to email us.
waterwitch688

jbrauer
11-05-2002, 01:24 PM
I bought the Cobra I was looking at about a year ago and have had fantastic results with it. It runs twin 500HP's in the mid to high 90's.
Check out the pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/jbrauertn
Good luck with yours!!!
Jeff :D :D

jbrauer
11-06-2002, 06:05 AM
Dave - You're right. This Cobra is manufactured in NJ and got into some financial problems a few years back. They stopped production, but have recently been restarted. I think the legal counsel for the company and the wife(ex???) are now running the new company.
I don't want to start any rumors and this may not be entirely accurate, but it's the best info I've got.

SHARKEYMARINE
11-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Have you tried this website? http://www.cobraboats.com/ I saw they opened up a place on Rte 9 in Beachwood. It looks to be a Rigging & Sales shop for their boats. CobraBoats.com (http://www.cobraboats.com/)

waterwitch688
11-10-2002, 06:50 AM
Hey gentlemen,
I know that when we were in NJ to see our boat the company has two locations. They do have a sales & Rigging shop in Beachwood but they are actually manufacturing boats near Camden. The manufacturing plant was impressive. They also had another sales location. (Didn't see that one) I know our experience with the Cobra people was enjoyable and we love the boat as you can see. Our sales rep. was professional and did state that Cobra had to relocate due to zoning proplems with a factory that they had purchased and were not able to build in. I believe he stated they had down time of almost 7 months to get everything moved and relocated. I hate to see a company get bashed when we saw first hand that they are building and moving on to do what they do best! On another note went fishing yesterday and the boat was incredible! If anyone wants any photo's of our boat email me and I will send some your way.
Waterwich688