PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Jeeping Saturday Pic

TCHB
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
It was a great day Saturday with the Jeep crowd. They are one tough group!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Jeep_Ext.jpg

TheCarDudes
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
So where was that?

TCHB
12-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Staight back on Byson about 8 miles in a canyon. They called it top cat!

TheCarDudes
12-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Did your Jeep make it up this?

mbrown2
12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Looks like it could be carnage for the ill setup jeep...

caroftheweek
12-02-2007, 10:21 PM
only one pic?!?!?!
we need to see more of that.:D

Jyruiz
12-02-2007, 10:21 PM
I see a cable from one Jeep to another, is this to help it up or for safty?

mbrown2
12-02-2007, 10:23 PM
I see a cable from one Jeep to another, is this to help it up or for safty?
Both...could be to keep the front down, or could because they are stuck, or broke...

Not So Fast
12-03-2007, 07:27 AM
WOW:eek: Thanks!! NSF

yopengo
12-03-2007, 07:44 AM
It was a great day Saturday with the Jeep crowd. They are one tough group!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Jeep_Ext.jpg
Wow that looks nasty. Nice pic. :D

SixDays
12-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't know what's going on in that pic, but the red buggy has Krawlers and should easily walk that line.
Make we want to pull the buggy out opf the garage and go play...

mbrown2
12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't know what's going on in that pic, but the red buggy has Krawlers and should easily walk that line.
Make we want to pull the buggy out opf the garage and go play...
Maybe its driver error.....post of some of your pix? or maybe even video?:) I know you have been through alot worse terrain..:)

Keith E. Sayre
12-03-2007, 03:20 PM
A good friend Dennis Kreuzenstein goes on those jeep runs and it's insane
what they do. But most of them have killer rides to do it in. They take a
regular rubicon, then they lengthen the wheel base about a foot, lift the entire thing up several inches, then put in lockers and then they put in a
custom made hand built and welded front differential, then they put in a
gear splitter, 37" hummer tires, crazy shocks in weird places. etc etc etc. then they put in full hydraulic steering systems, bead lock wheels and if
you don't have anything to do with thje next $20,000 that you have coming in, call Dennis he can redo your current Jeep.

TCHB
12-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Dennis is standing on the left and the Jeep he built is right above. These vehicles are way out there on the tech side and this picture does not even do it justice. A stock Rubicon could not even get into the canyon where they started the trail. They use the winches to help each other and for safety. These jeeeps have mega dollars in them and a great group of people.

TCHB
12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Jeep_2.jpg

TCHB
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Jeep_4.jpg

TCHB
12-03-2007, 07:53 PM
It was slippery with water due the rain the day before. You havd to crawl and climb the actual coarse. The trail we were on was about one mile long at a very steep rate with rocks the size of a jeep. Every jeep that was up there had full hydraulic steering and expensive under gear. One guy told me he spent $9K on the the rear end with the big disk brakes.

Riomouse911
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Wow.. once they do all that, are they still street legal, or is it an off-road only toy like a rail or a built-up trophy truck?

SixDays
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Maybe its driver error.....post of some of your pix? or maybe even video?:) I know you have been through alot worse terrain..:)
"First rule of buggy club...don't talk about buggy club!!!":D
I don't have many pics since I'm always behind the wheel, but I'll try to find the vid of the Copperhead Falls rollover. That was a good one...:idea:

SixDays
12-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Now that I look at it better, that trail is Cool Hand...
I was there about 3 weeks ago. That trail is pretty easy but that waterfall where he is winched up is not crawlable at this time. Even sticky tires aren't enough, as I have tried...for about 45 minutes. It was crawlable at one time, but all the rocks have fallen and it is really undercut. If you go to far to the left you'll stand straight up, and there is a big hole, but I felt it was pretty safe as far as a rollover. Once the rains redesign the trail it might be possible...
That's a fun trail as long as you hit all the optional lines. It's just one hell of a drive from the trailer tp the trail;)

SixDays
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Wow.. once they do all that, are they still street legal, or is it an off-road only toy like a rail or a built-up trophy truck?
It depends...my buggy is not even close to street legal, but my buddy who was on that trail with me had a YJ buggy that was street legal. The biggest things are the mudflap/tire issues and no windshields. AZ is pretty liberal on a lot of that stuff. Depending on who you talk to, full hydro steering is street legal...

SixDays
12-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Dennis is standing on the left and the Jeep he built is right above. These vehicles are way out there on the tech side and this picture does not even do it justice. A stock Rubicon could not even get into the canyon where they started the trail. They use the winches to help each other and for safety. These jeeeps have mega dollars in them and a great group of people.
The pictures definately don't do it justice, but a lifted Rubicon wouldn't have any problems going up (with the exception of that winch point)...it might have some minor scratches and minimal body damage, but nothing major:D
Let's go Brownie...I'll show you the way!!!

TCHB
12-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I do not think a lifted Rubicon would get close to getting up that trail. These guys are all running some pretty exotic equipment and still needed a winch pull. I think the smallest tire size was 38s with special axles, gears, hydraulic steering, and zero fenders, full roll cages. It was a level 5 trail. Fun to watch and I would love to watch a lifted Rubicon ruin itself trying to climb the trail.

SixDays
12-05-2007, 08:48 PM
For the rigs you're descibing they should have easily walked that trail up until that waterfall. Trust me...a lifted Rubicon would do OK on that trail. It's not going to walk it like the buggies do. This is coming from a guy who has had numerous jeeps, and I'm on my second buggy with "hydraulic steering and exotic axles.":D
With that said, street queens should stay off that trail. MBrown will confirm my thoughts on body damage and carnage...the more the merrier!!!:) :) :)
See you on the trail...

EAZYKILLER2006
12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
wow great pics tony!! wheres the rest? are you guys going to be out this weekend?

mbrown2
12-05-2007, 09:47 PM
With that said, street queens should stay off that trail. MBrown will confirm my thoughts on body damage and carnage...the more the merrier!!!:) :) :)
See you on the trail...
I confirm that....I see your Dad's conservative YJ going up that trail...he has been up worse in Dirty Blue.....

SixDays
12-06-2007, 11:49 AM
It's not that conservative:D , but it's definately not his new buggy. Let's try to take your JK up...it needs some "character.":idea: