PDA

View Full Version : Chargers gamble is paying off

Ziggy
12-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Cromartie has been a welcome addition to the secondary, big time!
I know they took some heat for picking him after his injury and not playing his senior year but boy its paying off now...He is a stud and a playa on the field.
Great talent:)

Not So Fast
12-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Pro bowler for sure one would think!!!!!!;) NSF

jdogginla
12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
The real turn around is the fact that Nick is back in the lineup and healthy! People overlooked him being out, but he is the one that seals the inside lane for Tomlinson and is the anchor of the line. Ohhh and anyone remember the last time charger had a guy in the secondary in the pro bowl......:idea: NO matter how good the Charger D has been in the past the secondary has ALWAYS been the achiles heel!

Ziggy
12-03-2007, 12:18 PM
The real turn around is the fact that Nick is back in the lineup and healthy! People overlooked him being out, but he is the one that seals the inside lane for Tomlinson and is the anchor of the line. Ohhh and anyone remember the last time charger had a guy in the secondary in the pro bowl......:idea: NO matter how good the Charger D has been in the past the secondary has ALWAYS been the achiles heel!
His name was Willi Buchanon who was from Oceanside, of all places ;) :)
Yup, the line play improved upon his return. I didn't know the the Chiefs had the center we had a few years back.

OCMerrill
12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
A foreseeable shot at the playoffs right now.
Sunday, December 9 10:00 am @ Tennessee CBS
Sunday, December 16 1:15 pm Detroit Lions FOX
Monday, December 24 5:00 pm Denver Broncos ESPN
Sunday, December 30 1:15 pm @ Oakland CBS
Christmas Eve at the Murph on ESPN. :eek: :D :D
Based on their current game in play I see no losses up to the end of the regular season.
And also we get to watch the Lions game on FOX - A REAL Football network. :D
CBS just sucks but that's just an opinion. :)

jdogginla
12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
His name was Willi Buchanon who was from Oceanside, of all places ;) :)
Yup, the line play improved upon his return. I didn't know the the Chiefs had the center we had a few years back.
Ummm that's back in the day! That's the Muncie, JJ, Joyner, Winslow, Brooks and Rolf dayz....:jawdrop:
Think I was 9yrs old and lived in Tierresanta and hung out at John Jeffersons sport shop. LOL

Tremor Therapy
12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I think there is more to it than just Cromartie. Jamal is getting healthier every game, and it was evident by the push he was getting into the Chief's backfield. Hardwick is back, and with him back in the line-up, the o-line did much better. Jared Allen was getting his for the first quarter and a half, but once the Chargers adjusted and decided to keep someone in to help block (Gates, Brandon, and Lorenzo helped out), or bring the guard around on pulling plays, he was a non-factor for the rest of the game. Now this kept the tight ends from a productive pass catching game, but it did keep Rivers on his feet for the second half.
I also heard on the radio this morning that the formula for Charger wins is when LT touches the ball somewhere around 45% and Rivers less than 35%. Interesting enough, the radio hacks stated that LT had about 46%, and I think they said Rivers was 32%, and what do you know, the Chargers won! We had a great game running the ball, and it was nice to see the offense start to get that rolling, but I bet Tennesse puts 8 in the box, and makes Rivers beat them. I know he has had better passing days these past 2 games, but I still don't look forward to a possible game where he has to carry the offensive load. We know what the formula is to winning, so give Lt the damn ball!
BTW, I'd rather take a whining LT after a loss than a stoic Ely Manning. LT's wearing it on his sleeve. You can tell that he wants to win, and that he takes loosing very seriously. I can't tell if Ely won, lost, or got shot in the head when I see him.

AZJD
12-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Foreseeable? They are 3 up with 4 to play. It would take a minor miracle for anyone to catch them.
I see three organizations on the schedule that are having all kinds of problems, and one that just needs a real quaterback!:devil:
= 4 wins for the bolts!

Tremor Therapy
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Kinda depends on which team shows up in Tennessee. If the teams from the first half show up, we could be in trouble (and thats from both sides of the coin). If we can contain Young, and get our ground game going, we have an excellent chance of winning the game. I am hopeful that we have finally figured it out, and that we can win some games against teams with winning records.....remember, while we are patting ourselves on the back for how well we have been doing, the Ravens and the Chiefs are teams with loosing records. Our next 2 games are against better competition, and will be a better barometer of how far we have come.

Tremor Therapy
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Bob,
You of all people should know that winning in Tennessee would be a big step in the right direction, crappy division or not. Going 2-2 and limping in with a 9-7 record will get us a trip accross country and a quick trip back home. It is put up or shut up time for the Chargers. They need to get into the playoffs at 11-5, with some big time momentum. I believe that if they can win out convincingly, that they will not only believe they can do it, but the rest of the teams will believe we are back, and it will cause them some uneasiness. Heading into the playoffs with anything less and it will be 1 and done again! :eek:

OCMerrill
12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
They can lose the Tenn game and still be in the driver's seat.
The only one that is a minor concern to me. Other than that...it's all good.
I am in the process of buying tix to see them beat the horses. I haven't been to a ball game sense the Rams moved out of Anaheim. That was 12 years of Booster Club, season tix, motor home tailgating, $$$ and lots of fun...all to have an owner BITCH say the reason the Rams fail is because of no fan support. That Woman...:mad:
I have never seen a game at the Murph.:idea:

OCMerrill
12-03-2007, 05:41 PM
How many tix you need?
I am meeting opposition from the wife as to the day its on and all but out of the last series of games I think I would cheer the loudest watching the tail lifters get beat.

OCMerrill
12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
That's why I asked. So am I. We haven't missed a game this season though. She seems to be warming up to the idea.
I want to take my kids as well. Just the family. The four of us. I told her how special it would be. Blah Blah...I suck at this kind of thing.
I am more of a Dammit woman get your shit in the car...guy on the inside.:D
I am at about 60% a go with her. There are many tickets avail. Wonder why?
I remember the Raider game...same sections I am looking at now were $300+ seats for that game. I passed.

OCMerrill
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
People will be giving those tix away come game time. Although, last year, we went on New Year's Eve and it was packed.
Now that I can see.