PDA

View Full Version : Sperm donor has to pay child support :(

DILLIGAF
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
This shznit is not right and should not even be discussed. Complete BS IMO!
FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S.
Sperm Donor Ordered to Pay Child Support for 18-Year-Old
Sunday, December 02, 2007
A New York doctor who donated his sperm to help a gay colleague conceive has been ordered to pay child support for the boy, now an 18-year-old living in Oregon, the New York Post reported Sunday.
The donor was a married doctor at a Long Island hospital in the late 1980s when he donated his sperm to a female hospital resident who was trying to have a baby with her lesbian partner, the Post reported. Although the donor gave up all claims and rights to the child, he allowed his name to be put on the birth certificate.
For several years after the boy's birth in 1989, the doctor sent the child gifts and money and cards signed "Dad" and had regular contact with the child, the Post reported. However, when the boy moved to Oregon with his mother and her partner in 1993, regular contact stopped. Since then, the man's contact with the child consisted of seven phone calls and one brief meeting over the past 15 years.
A New York family court judge ruled last month that the man must now pay child support for the boy, now 18 and heading to college, the Post reported.

havaduner
12-03-2007, 01:16 PM
I thought Child support stops once the child turns 18?

Kachina26
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Back due support doesn't. Don't know if that's what they are after though. He shouldn't have sent cards signed "Dad" and lesbian mom's partner should have been listed as the father on birth cert. (if that's possible, I'm no lawyer)

Moneypitt
12-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Un paid back child support is due and payable to the guardian even if the kid dies........MP

LEADFOOTjosh
12-03-2007, 01:23 PM
child support can go longer if the kid is in college

centerhill condor
12-03-2007, 01:36 PM
proving, once again, lesbian's want it both ways...easy money!
CC

ratso
12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
That'll teach him to not stick his test tube where it doesn't belong...:idea:

topless
12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
The guy even asked for a paternity test and the court denied it saying he is the only father this boy has ever known.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
It's all different in New York.
They still have lifetime alimony too.

ratso
12-03-2007, 01:40 PM
It's all different in New York.
They still have lifetime alimony too.
Lifetime???!!!:jawdrop:

snake321
12-03-2007, 01:40 PM
My son's mother called me a sperm donor once.
The more I think about it, I think she took it as opposed to me donating it....

Trailer Park Casanova
12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Lifetime???!!!:jawdrop:
At my work we had a high paid electrician that pays HUGE lifetime alimony to his ex back in New York.
He was so broke he lived in one of our storerooms and worked a second job.
I could be wrong, but he led us to believe it's still old school. Ya suffer for the rest of your life.
Calif it's now half the years you were married.

IMPATIENT 1
12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
yeah, that's not right. the dikes shouldn't have asked or allowed it to begin with

Baja Big Dog
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
You know the age old saying...
Cheaper.....
to Jack off!!!!:eek:

jdogginla
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
You know the age old saying...
Cheaper.....
to Jack off!!!!:eek:
Not in this case............he did. Just gave his man juice to the wrong couple. LOL. In all honesty his mistake was identifying himself and setting presidence in the childs life as the father.
The fact is that even in California, a man that dates a single mom and has established a relationship with the child can now be liable for child support. :eek:

topless
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Not in this case............he did. Just gave his man juice to the wrong couple. LOL. In all honesty his mistake was identifying himself and setting presidence in the childs life as the father.
The fact is that even in California, a man that dates a single mom and has established a relationship with the child can now be liable for child support. :eek:
Do you mean single slut moms with many boyfriends get more child support?:idea:

centerhill condor
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
where does it end?
CC

thatguy
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I call BS. Maybe if the bio father has died? And the boyfriend lives with her?
Tommy

DelawareDave
12-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I know someone, in Pennsylvania, that married a woman with 2 kids. He is not the father, nor is his name on their birth certificates. He did not adopt them. The marriage lasted about 5 years. He is now divorced from this woman, and guess what- He was just ordered by the court to pay child support for both children- until they are 18 or finish school.
The real dad was a deadbeat, and never paid any child support.

ratso
12-03-2007, 03:50 PM
I know someone, in Pennsylvania, that married a woman with 2 kids. He is not the father, nor is his name on their birth certificates. He did not adopt them. The marriage lasted about 5 years. He is now divorced from this woman, and guess what- He was just ordered by the court to pay child support for both children- until they are 18 or finish school.
I didn't think that was possible unless you adopted them...:idea:

YeLLowBoaT
12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Thats bs... just like the case couple years back where the guy got a bj and the bitch took the used condom and herself insenated... hes paying child support right now as his sperm was a "gift"

topless
12-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I know a guy who was married and had 3 kids. His wife was a cheating slut so he got a paternity test and proved he was not the father of any of the children and he too was ordered to pay.

thatguy
12-03-2007, 04:11 PM
I know a girl who had kids and never asked for a dime......HA HA, GOTCHA!
Tommy

Phat Matt
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
These judges that make these decisions...are they all women?

Moneypitt
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
He should sue the father, take what ever he has.....A single pissed off guy has a better chance of actually collecting ALL the back child support than all the social workers combined. They don't give a shit, he does, NOW.....MP

RitcheyRch
12-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Thought when you donated sperm that they make you sign a release of parental rights form.

Phat Matt
12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
This is why you should always donate sperm orally. :D

centerhill condor
12-03-2007, 05:20 PM
These judges that make these decisions...are they all women?
bitches...not all bitches are women.
CC

RitcheyRch
12-03-2007, 05:29 PM
No idea but thought thats what I read somewhere.
Sounds like a private type donation.
Good idea.
This is why you should always donate sperm orally. :D

Sleeper CP
12-03-2007, 09:06 PM
proving, once again, lesbian's want it both ways...easy money!
CC
He got screwed:(
Are you sure about that, can you sight the case:confused: That would be
totally jacked up, but I thought palamony is jacked up too.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D