PDA

View Full Version : so I'm thinking about adding a page to my website for

superdave013
12-04-2007, 10:25 AM
So I'm thinking about adding a page to my website for all the fock nuts and shops that don't pay their bills. I know it's not the most the most professional thing to do. But hey, it might make me feel better at least.
I might even post pics of the bounced checks along with the bullshit they feed me. Who knows, I might even be able to have a little fun with it instead of being pissed off.
It just blows me away when a shop tells me they can’t pay due to lack of funds but they just got back from running their blown cat for a week at Havasu. Or another shop that bounces checks but shows up at the race track with their funny car. I can go on and on.
So please give me a reason not to do this.
Times are getting tough I guess. All I can say is get your cash. COD’s don’t seem to be worth the paper the bunk check it written on.
How the hell do I go about collecting some of this without driving over and socking someone? It's not huge money but I could use it.

roostwear
12-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Fockin' scumbags! Wait a sec....I don't remember bouncing one on you http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Rattle Can Lou
12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey, do I owe ya anything????? If I do would you call me and save me the embarassment??? I told ya I'd get ya a check in a month or two...what the hell do ya want from me? As soon as I get cleared up with ya...hell yes I'd throw up a no-pay page. These focknuts need to be publicly thrown to the wolves...I just wish you would have told me.

Racey
12-04-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm all for it, i have had a few customers (non boating related, mostly machine work or water jet cutting) that were scoundrels about paying their bills, I'm not your credit dept, don't string me out for 90 or 120 days. I think it's a great idea, call it 'The Wall of Shame' :D I finally got so fed up i went out and got a credit card processor and no longer accept checks from people i don't personally know. If you want net 30 take it up with VISA/Amex/Mastercard :devil:

justfloatn
12-04-2007, 11:00 AM
:idea: Hell I think you're onto something. Start a whole webside dedicated to deadbeats. I need one for General Contractors and Developers so I know who NOT to work for:D
We have about $500K outstanding with three different owners and contractors. Yet when you call the Pres or Owner he is in Europe on vacation.:mad: :mad:

superdave013
12-04-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm all for it, i have had a few customers (non boating related, mostly machine work or water jet cutting) that were scoundrels about paying their bills, I'm not your credit dept, don't string me out for 90 or 120 days. I think it's a great idea, call it 'The Wall of Shame' :D I finally got so fed up i went out and got a credit card processor and no longer accept checks from people i don't personally know. If you want net 30 take it up with VISA/Amex/Mastercard :devil:
Oh, so you have not had someone reverse the credit card charges yet hu? Give it time, you will. But I agree, I love my credit card machine.
I might be going riding out at Bootleg Canyon again soon. I have some things in mind for the water jet. I'll let you know when I'm going to be there as I'd like to stop by and talk to you about it.

ColeTR2
12-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I've got the same $hit right now.... I give these small shops terms and even payments and still nothing :mad: I said to one of them.. Just send me something...anything.... so i don't feel like I'm getting screwed so bad..

C-2
12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
It's the same no matter what business you're in.
I'll tell you this - if you want to get paid, using patience, tact and even alternative arrangements will get you a lot further than a threatening collection letter.
You should also follow a treble damage process for any bounced check, so that if push comes to shove, at least you can try to get 3 times the amount of the check (and that also gives them a little more motivation to pay the original outstanding balance.)
It sux to burn up time doing all the above, but it's the cost of being your own business.
My clients are cities, banks and lawyers - and they too like to stretch it out 90-120 days :mad:

Jordy
12-04-2007, 11:57 AM
How about a page with Ebay auction links for stuff you donated to people as a sponsor? :idea: :D

superdave013
12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
It's the same no matter what business you're in.
I'll tell you this - if you want to get paid, using patience, tact and even alternative arrangements will get you a lot further than a threatening collection letter.
You should also follow a treble damage process for any bounced check, so that if push comes to shove, at least you can try to get 3 times the amount of the check (and that also gives them a little more motivation to pay the original outstanding balance.)
It sux to burn up time doing all the above, but it's the cost of being your own business.
My clients are cities, banks and lawyers - and they too like to stretch it out 90-120 days :mad:
thanks for the good advice as you always seem to give.
I don't know much about collections. Would you care to explain the treble damage process?

superdave013
12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
How about a page with Ebay auction links for stuff you donated to people as a sponsor? :idea: :D
ya know, that guy paid for all of the product that came from me. He did ask but at the end of the day he paid. And it made it on his boat too. We were looking the hoses when Bruce noticed the oil filter was hooked up backwards. :eek:

Miss Perfect
12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Has anyone here ever done work for a school district. One word of advise....DON'T. Those bastards will string you out for not just months, but years. It is rediculous.

C-2
12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
thanks for the good advice as you always seem to give.
I don't know much about collections. Would you care to explain the treble damage process?
I'll fill ya in on some info later this evening.
-------------
And yes, school districts suck, even for low hundreds of dollars.

ck7684
12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
As long as they arent in the same situation I am, where my engine builder went 5 1/2 times over what I told him my budget was...so yea, I still owe him some dough...

Racey
12-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Oh, so you have not had someone reverse the credit card charges yet hu? Give it time, you will. But I agree, I love my credit card machine.
I might be going riding out at Bootleg Canyon again soon. I have some things in mind for the water jet. I'll let you know when I'm going to be there as I'd like to stop by and talk to you about it.
No reverse charges yet, surprising i know, i'm sure it is only a matter of time.
You've probably been within spitting distance of the shop if you've ridden bootleg. Next time you are up stop by, my contact info/directions is on the website.
http://www.raceyindustries.com/contact.html
-Shane

Rexone
12-04-2007, 02:59 PM
It just blows me away when a shop tells me they can’t pay due to lack of funds but they just got back from running their blown cat for a week at Havasu. Or another shop that bounces checks but shows up at the race track with their funny car. I can go on and on.
No shit bro I hear ya loud and clear on the above. We have several shops on COD now that you'd never think would need to be.

OGShocker
12-04-2007, 03:04 PM
No shit bro I hear ya loud and clear on the above. We have several shops on COD now that you'd never think would need to be.
Nice of you to air your dirty laundry in an open forum douche bag! :D
Happy Holidays, Mike!:)

wsuwrhr
12-04-2007, 05:52 PM
HEY I PAID ONTIME DAMMIT!!!
I PAID YOU MORE THAN YOU ASKED FOR TOO!!!!!
HAHA
I call my deadbeats and tell them I am on the way to the welfare office.
Just got off the phone with one as a matter of fact. I am going by on the way to the shop tommorrow to pick up a check.
I hate calling for money, it is irritating. Everyone knows when they owe. Don't act like it slipped your mind.
Brian

Classic Daycruiser
12-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I've been thinking of going into business for myself. I just could never seem to part with my own money to start it. Now that I know just about anybody will extend me credit, with out me personally insuring it with my credit, maybe I'll take a crack at it.
So who wants to give me my first break:D :D :D :idea:
I'm serious:D :D
I always wanted to open a DCB/Eliminator Franchise

superdave013
12-04-2007, 06:05 PM
HEY I PAID ONTIME DAMMIT!!!
I PAID YOU MORE THAN YOU ASKED FOR TOO!!!!!
HAHA
I call my deadbeats and tell them I am on the way to the welfare office.
Just got off the phone with one as a matter of fact. I am going by on the way to the shop tommorrow to pick up a check.
I hate calling for money, it is irritating. Everyone knows when they owe. Don't act like it slipped your mind.
Brian
yeah that worked out real nice for me. Those parts were a JOY to run. And yes, payment was more then prompt.
Ready to do another run? I have about 4,000 parts in the works now. But I could squeeze you in early next week. Friggin little machine is runnin on the pipe right now! :)
BTW, thanks for telling everyone I under quote stuff too. haha Brian, always looking out for me.

wsuwrhr
12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
yeah that worked out real nice for me. Those parts were a JOY to run. And yes, payment was more then prompt.
Ready to do another run? I have about 4,000 parts in the works now. But I could squeeze you in early next week. Friggin little machine is runnin on the pipe right now! :)
BTW, thanks for telling everyone I under quote stuff too. haha Brian, always looking out for me.
Good to hear sir.
When are you buying a second one?
You wanted to do shit practically for free with no plans for the future, I have had no choice but to teach you everything....sheesh.
The nerve of some people's kids.
Brian

Mandelon
12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
It looks like www.don'tdobusinesswiththesedeadbeats.com is available... :D

77charger
12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Do it dave!hell even post a pic or something like that

Excessive Force
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
it wasnt worth the hassle to go thru the courts.....write it off as a loss on your taxes

coolchange
12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I just call and say my kid wants to talk to you.
"Why?" they ask.
"They want to know whats for dinner and what time?"
I have a friend in the office machine business. He made a loop of paper that said "PAY YOUR BILL" and set it up in his fax machine. Turned it on when he knew they were closed and let it run the loop all night. Did this every night till he got a check and a note "Please stop" :D

Riverkid
12-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Has anyone here ever done work for a school district. One word of advise....DON'T. Those bastards will string you out for not just months, but years. It is rediculous.
are a killer. Love meeting with them and the architect when the job gets sideways. Tons of fun...:mad: :mad:

wsuwrhr
12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I am stocked, but no silvers.
Rio, for you I'll stock whatever you like buddy. You are welcome by anytime.
Isn't it true Coors contributes tons of money for gun control?
Brian
WshUwrhr, got any silvers in the fridge an I'll come to visit?:D

superdave013
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Rio, Life is to short to drink crappy beer.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Rio, Life is too short to drink crappy beer.
Wow Dave, cut right to the chase buddy.

C-2
12-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I am stocked, but no silvers.
Rio, for you I'll stock whatever you like buddy. You are welcome by anytime.
Isn't it true Coors contributes tons of money for gun control?
Brian
Hey, let me know where to stop by so I can drop off your stuff, and a fresh case for ya. :)

wsuwrhr
12-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey, let me know where to stop by so I can drop off your stuff, and a fresh case for ya. :)
You know, I got your phone message last month or earlier. I am a dick, sorry I never called you back.
Seriously, I have been working 12-14 hours 7 days a week since I moved in.
My shop is located at 9251 Orco Parkway, Unit D, 92509, come by anytime.
No need to bring anything unless you want to.
Brian

C-2
12-05-2007, 09:27 PM
You know, I got your phone message last month or earlier. I am a dick, sorry I never called you back.
Seriously, I have been working 12-14 hours 7 days a week since I moved in.
My shop is located at 9251 Orco Parkway, Unit D, 92509, come by anytime.
No need to bring anything unless you want to.
Brian
I figured you've been busy with the new toy, no worries. I don't want to clutter up your shop, except for the beer of course. :)
I had things go all screwy over the summer - never did get the boat finished (I got it back on the trailer though!).
Good to see ya back on here. :)

Kindsvater Flat
12-05-2007, 09:31 PM
So I'm thinking about adding a page to my website.........
Come on Dave, I have enough problems on my plate. The VDV server swap failed bigtime. I'm just glad I saved Jerry's 1000+ pictures before that blew also.
BTW I could have it ready by tomorrow night if you want.:D

cyclone
12-05-2007, 09:36 PM
So I'm thinking about adding a page to my website for all the fock nuts and shops that don't pay their bills. I know it's not the most the most professional thing to do. But hey, it might make me feel better at least.
I might even post pics of the bounced checks along with the bullshit they feed me. Who knows, I might even be able to have a little fun with it instead of being pissed off.
So please give me a reason not to do this.
Times are getting tough I guess. All I can say is get your cash. COD’s don’t seem to be worth the paper the bunk check it written on.
How the hell do I go about collecting some of this without driving over and socking someone? It's not huge money but I could use it.
You mean i can come to your place, take you parts and tell you i'll pay you later and then not pay? shit man why didnt' you tell me about this great deal all the times ive been over to your shop?:D

wsuwrhr
12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
The clutter is no problem, I have a rack for it in my backyard at home anyway.
The shop has a huge upstairs that is begging for stuff to be thrown up there.
Brian
I figured you've been busy with the new toy, no worries. I don't want to clutter up your shop, except for the beer of course. :)
I had things go all screwy over the summer - never did get the boat finished (I got it back on the trailer though!).
Good to see ya back on here. :)