PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Cantina/Tacos-New Location

pvhca
12-05-2007, 03:52 PM
A few months ago I was reading about HB Peeps love of chronic tacos, is the Chronic Cantina the place for them? Sounds obvious but? Are they as good as I've been hearing? The new location is in Upland @ the old Sneakers restaurant. The owners are pouring a butt load of cash into refurbing the place. Can't ask for more, a cantina with awesome tacos, opinions requested!

1manshow
12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
When is there grand opening? I thought it was supposed to be in Oct sometime.

burtandnancy2
12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I know the owner of the former Sneakers, he even sponsored one of my old ski race boats. We used to have a lot of fun there, I'll drive by tomarrow and see if its open. Love taco's...

bchbum
12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Their putting one in Long Beach , near the Belmont pier . Very slow work , hardly see any trucks on sight . I'll post when it opens

havaduner
12-05-2007, 07:02 PM
A few months ago I was reading about HB Peeps love of chronic tacos, is the Chronic Cantina the place for them? Sounds obvious but? Are they as good as I've been hearing? The new location is in Upland @ the old Sneakers restaurant. The owners are pouring a butt load of cash into refurbing the place. Can't ask for more, a cantina with awesome tacos, opinions requested!
Any idea on the opening date? Gonna have to try them out as soon as they open.

Faceaz
12-05-2007, 08:45 PM
They're really good, I've had it 3 times this past week - in Huntington. Anything with grilled shrimp is my suggestion.

WILDERTHANU
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes it is very good. The "Cantina" is in triangle square in Coast Mesa. The Upland location is only the second actual bar they are opening. All the others are the taco shops, and yes they all serve the same menu and it is excellent. Dec 22, that was the rev date they are shoooting for in Upland.. but prob after fist of the year. We have events comming up @ both locations.
www.chroniccantina.com
www.eatchronictacos.com

Cs19
12-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Chronic Cantina in Costa Mesa is a total nightmare, dont waste your time. Cool place, lots of plasmas and decent food. The crowd that place draws just ruins it. I have no idea where these yahoos come from.

uLtRADeNniS
12-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Chronic Cantina in Costa Mesa is a total nightmare, dont waste your time. Cool place, lots of plasmas and decent food. The crowd that place draws just ruins it. I have no idea where these yahoos come from.
The 909 ;)
...My buddy works there and they have to kick people out for fighting or call the cops almost every weekend night.
The restaurant in HB north of Main street id better! Indoor out door seating and a pool table.

WILDERTHANU
12-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Like anything trendy you have your fair share of dummies. It is what it is, and I'm sure Upland will be no exception. They have done well, and I wish them the best of luck!!

Havasu1986
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
My company installed the fire sprinklers at this place. Diffentely a different type of construction guys. Shorts, sandals and this big dog this guy would bring to the jobsite. :rolleyes: