PDA

View Full Version : Dick's and Chick's

core attitude
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Looks like there was a buyout (http://www.contracostatimes.com/living/ci_7639929?nclick_check=1), what do you think they're going to call it now. :idea:
Well, that was an interesting merger reported in the Times' business section last week: "Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. ... (has) bought Covina-based Chick's Sporting Goods for $71 million in cash and assumed debt." As eagle-eyed reader Kenneth Marsh points out, "If the new stores will be catering to the sports needs of both men and women, they could be called Chicks and ... um ... well, you can take it from there."
We really don't want to see the company's new logo.
:D :D

Ziggy
12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Read about that a few days ago in the Biz section...Dicks is huge in comparison to Chicks.
There is a huge Chicks store virtually within a pitching wedge shot from my front yard, well ok, probably more like a Driver. :)

Havasu1986
12-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Just got back from Chicks and T.G.I.F.'s :) Had some coupons for Chicks. I hope they do combine. I hear there golf department is better at Dicks.

Rexone
12-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I went on a ski trip with Jim Chick once who was the friend of a friend. Real nice guy. I remember his first store on Citrus in covina I think way back when. Does anyone know if Jim still owned the stores prior to this sale. My contact with him was brief and probably 15-20 years ago. Just curious.
Chicks warehouse is about a block from my shop.

Havasubum
12-06-2007, 11:31 AM
yes he did still own the store. my good friend is a manager over at chicks, and said that are not sure if they are changing the name yet. but he thinks they will..