PDA

View Full Version : I pulled a bonehead manuever yesterday.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2007, 08:58 PM
When I do one, it is usually good.
I have been in my shop for a few months now, it has been very busy, busier than I have ever been, since then.
I was real fortunate to not have much downtime in a time when I needed the work with all of the expenses of moving into a building.
Anyway, I have had a few free moments to take care of some things, like getting a land line, internet and fax going, ect. you know, the things needed to make a business run well oiled.
It was 39 degrees in the office on Saturday or Sunday, I forget which day now, but the damn heater didn't work.
So I call the property manager up and ask if someone can be sent out to see what the problem is with the unit.
Well they show up promptly yesterday ready to take care of it. The two guys head up to the roof, they come back down in ten minutes or less to tell me the GAS DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ON!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an idiot. I felt like such a jackass.
I just thought I would throw that out there.
The Gas company will be out on the 10th.
Brian

Havasu1986
12-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm sure the last thing on your mind was the heater in CA. :)

Rexone
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I have been in my shop for a few months now, it has been very busy, busier than I have ever been, since then.
I was real fortunate to not have much downtime in a time when I needed the work with all of the expenses of moving into a building.
Anyway, I have had a few free moments to take care of some things, like getting a land line, internet and fax going, ect. you know, the things needed to make a business run well oiled.
It was 39 degrees in the office on Saturday or Sunday, I forget which day now, but the damn heater didn't work.
So I call the property manager up and ask if someone can be sent out to see what the problem is with the unit.
Well they show up promptly yesterday ready to take care of it. The two guys head up to the roof, they come back down in ten minutes or less to tell me the GAS DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ON!!!!!!!
Brian
It's good to know the Nord is not the only dumbass on the boards.
j/k guys. :D

WILDERTHANU
12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
lmao!!

bigq
12-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I hear dumbass' come in 3's ...so who's next?
Everyone has there moments;)

riverbound
12-05-2007, 09:32 PM
LMFAO :D

maxwedge
12-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I'll step up to that challenge:
The other day I couldn't get the heater in my garage to work but after some advice from Ken F. over on midwest ***boats, I figured out the pilot light orifice was clogged. After I cleaned that out, it fired up and was working great, but since I wasn't planning on working in the garage that day, I just flipped off the breaker next to the door on my way out, instead of walking across the garage to the thermostat. Four days later I went back out, dialed up the thermostat and then spent 10 minutes trying figure out why the damn old POS thing wouldn't come on. Right about the time I was grabbing the Multi-meter to check for power is when it dawned on me why there wasn't any.:idea:
But then of course you all pretty much knew I was a dumbass.:D

Sleeper CP
12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
:D
Now why was I thinking the same thing:rolleyes:
Just joking $hit happens.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

topless
12-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh here's a good one for ya. I had a barely used leather motorcycle jacket and Shoe helmet that I don't use anymore. They had only been worn a handful of times. I sent a PM to someone here on the boards who just happens to ride and might be able to use them. I offered them to him for FREE. He didn't even have the common courtesy to say thanks but no thanks, Not even a FU bitch, nothing nada. Anyway, he knows who he is and the jacket and helmet are in a good home now. I hope he stays warm without the jacket and no heat in his shop.
What a bonehead I was thinking he might appreciate the gesture.

RiverToysJas
12-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Brian
I think you should man up and pay the $150 to the building repair guys. :mad:
RTJas :D

Big Kahunaa
12-06-2007, 07:20 AM
I'll step up to that challenge:
The other day I couldn't get the heater in my garage to work but after some advice from Ken F. over on midwest ***boats, I figured out the pilot light orifice was clogged. After I cleaned that out, it fired up and was working great, but since I wasn't planning on working in the garage that day, I just flipped off the breaker next to the door on my way out, instead of walking across the garage to the thermostat. Four days later I went back out, dialed up the thermostat and then spent 10 minutes trying figure out why the damn old POS thing wouldn't come on. Right about the time I was grabbing the Multi-meter to check for power is when it dawned on me why there wasn't any.:idea:
But then of course you all pretty much knew I was a dumbass.:D
you should of had your wife help

OCMerrill
12-06-2007, 07:21 AM
LMAO!

HM
12-06-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm a smart ass, so count me out. :D

YeLLowBoaT
12-06-2007, 07:24 AM
I just went on a call like that... "we have no heat or hot water" get over there... the gas company had turned thier gas off.

wsuwrhr
12-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I was completely expecting a bonehead bill to show up in the mail for my stupidity, believe me.
Brian

Ivan Dan
12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I was completely expecting a bonehead bill to show up in the mail for my stupidity, believe me.
Brian
Hey Brian....whats going on? Sounds like biz is going well!

wsuwrhr
12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey Brian....whats going on? Sounds like biz is going well!
It is going well, I just never know what is around the corner.
BTW, answer your damn phone once in awhile, haha
Brian

Ivan Dan
12-06-2007, 09:01 PM
It is going well, I just never know what is around the corner.
BTW, answer your damn phone once in awhile, haha
Brian
I haven't seen any missed calls from you?!?!?! :confused: I answer my phone 98% of the time unless I'm tied up with something or on an appointment.

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I just went on a call like that... "we have no heat or hot water" get over there... the gas company had turned thier gas off.
I think we may have you beat on a call we went on not too long ago.
A tenant of one of the real estate agents we work for called and said. I can not take a shower. I have a tub stoppage and the water goes to my ankles when I do shower. It is an emergency you need to come right now. well Jamie is always prompt. He shows up at this ladies apartment. She's saying hurry up I need a shower I have to work. How long is it going to take you. . He said it will take me as long as it takes. Usually with a tub stoppage, depending how much hair and how far down the line the stoppage is. around 5-10 mins at the most.
she kept saying well it is not my fault, you need to tell them it is not my fault. He goes into the bathroom with the stoppage and comes out in less then 1 min.
The lady said. whats wrong, you need to fix it right now, where are you going. He said it is fixed. it is draining. she said I didn't here your machine. He said well for a stoppage that is not your fault, maybe next time you take a shower, hit the trip lever on the tub and release the water.:D :D :D DOH!!:jawdrop: :D

YeLLowBoaT
12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I think we may have you beat on a call we went on not too long ago.
A tenant of one of the real estate agents we work for called and said. I can not take a shower. I have a tub stoppage and the water goes to my ankles when I do shower. It is an emergency you need to come right now. well Jamie is always prompt. He shows up at this ladies apartment. She's saying hurry up I need a shower I have to work. How long is it going to take you. . He said it will take me as long as it takes. Usually with a tub stoppage, depending how much hair and how far down the line the stoppage is. around 5-10 mins at the most.
she kept saying well it is not my fault, you need to tell them it is not my fault. He goes into the bathroom with the stoppage and comes out in less then 1 min.
The lady said. whats wrong, you need to fix it right now, where are you going. He said it is fixed. it is draining. she said I didn't here your machine. He said well for a stoppage that is not your fault, maybe next time you take a shower, hit the trip lever on the tub and release the water.:D :D :D DOH!!:jawdrop: :D
LMAO :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
LMAO :D
she was pissed when the real estate comp. sent her the bill. :D :D

superdave013
12-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Oh here's a good one for ya. I had a barely used leather motorcycle jacket and Shoe helmet that I don't use anymore. They had only been worn a handful of times. I sent a PM to someone here on the boards who just happens to ride and might be able to use them. I offered them to him for FREE. He didn't even have the common courtesy to say thanks but no thanks, Not even a FU bitch, nothing nada. Anyway, he knows who he is and the jacket and helmet are in a good home now. I hope he stays warm without the jacket and no heat in his shop.
What a bonehead I was thinking he might appreciate the gesture.
well if I can step in and help out a friend. lol
FU bitch! :D

YeLLowBoaT
12-06-2007, 11:58 PM
she was pissed when the real estate comp. sent her the bill. :D :D
Nice. :D

Schiada76
12-07-2007, 06:41 AM
I had a pain in the ass client in Malibu, rich as hell and dumb as a rock,
We finished the job and he moved in, called me screaming obscenities about how we fcked up his entertainment system, none of the speakers work bs bs bs. I know he's a dumb ass so I ask him if he hooked the wires up. He goes nuts on the phone so I go out to meet him.
I showed him how, miraculously, if you hook the speaker wire to the receiver sound will actually come out of the speakers.:idea: :rolleyes: :D
His wife called later and screamed about the TV being fcked up, same deal.:rolleyes: