RitcheyRch
12-11-2007, 07:04 AM
They havent lost it.

snake321
12-11-2007, 07:14 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSCF0596.jpg

rocket98
12-11-2007, 07:24 AM
That is one of the greatest song's of all time.

Debbolas
12-11-2007, 07:40 AM
We saw them at the Forum in (I think) 95. Best concert I've ever been seen. Danced the entire time in the isle. (We have floor seats)
I would love to see them again:D

HocusPocus
12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Not bad for a bunch of old farts, they have been getting some great reviews.. that would be one helluva show.

WestTNRiverRat
12-11-2007, 08:05 AM
I saw them in Austin,TX in the spring of 1975 and hitch hiked from TN to Tampa,FL in summer of 1977 to see them. Both were great shows, but the Tampa show was a wild event. I was one of the 20+ million entries in the lottery to see this show. Hopefully they are going to do some tour dates even though Robert Plant is touring with Alison Krauss for the next year promoting their new album.

Ion
12-11-2007, 08:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbA7bVouieI
Saw them 30 years ago @ the old Chicago Stadium. From what I recall, they kicked some arse...but the air was saturated with spleef smoke (from the contents of a "lid"...does anybody remember?), so it's tough to rely on memory. Sure would be cool to see them again after 3 decades!

cxr133
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
they had like a 3 hour special on TV last night. i got to watch up until Stairway to heaven before the wife made me go get xmas stuff from the garage. great show i should of Tivo'd it.

deltarat
12-11-2007, 08:58 AM
That was great, imagine being there to see something as monumental as that in person.

Jetaholic
12-11-2007, 11:00 AM
To say that Jason Bonham is one of the best drummers of all time would be an understatement. As a guitarist myself...I would kill for the opportunity to jam with him. By far one of the best and the perfect candidate to take the place of his dad in this performance.

uvindex
12-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Never saw them, but sure wish I had!
For Zepp fans with XM, don't forget that there's an all Led Zeppelin channel now (I think it's 59).
Also, I highly recommend the recent Robert Plant, Alison Krauss collaboration CD (produced by Tbone Burnett). It's called Raising Sand (http://www.robertplantalisonkrauss.com/site.php). :)

snake321
12-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Saw them in the Garden in 77? Whatever tour that was after the song remains the same tour. Got to walk out the rear ramp where they rode out in the limo

maxwedge
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
The Cover of Rolling Stone Magazine I got in the mail the other day says they may be getting back together. I haven't actually read the article yet.
http://i3.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/c9/e7/f9be_1_b.JPG

Classic Daycruiser
12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I've never seen them live:( Can't wait for the real video release. :D

HammerDown
12-11-2007, 04:04 PM
To say that Jason Bonham is one of the best drummers of all time would be an understatement....
Well that may be a bit extreme, Jason is a very good Drummer indeed. Technically Jason might even be a little bit better than his Dad...however what made Bonham a great Drummer is what he played/created on Zep's songs...that is unique!
Jason deserved the spot, no one else should have even been considered. Someone else up there would be like spitting on Bonzo's grave.
*Thomas Lang is one of the "best" out there (he is one of few)...what this Man can do behind a Drum kit is almost un human. However, not even someone like Thomas Lang etc has no business filling in with Zep...not when Bonzo's Son is walking the Earth.;)

BoatFloating
12-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Here was their set list. I wish I could have been there. Say them in 77' and a young lad and had tickets for 1980 in Chicago and that show was canceled after Bonzo's death.
“Good Times, Bad Times”
“Ramble On”
“Black Dog”
“In My Time of Dying”
“For Your Life”
“Trampled Under Foot”
“Nobody’s Fault But Mine”
“No Quarter”
“Since I’ve Been Lovin’ You”
“Dazed and Confused”
“Stairway To Heaven”
“The Song Remains the Same”
“Misty Mountain Hop”
“Kashmir”
Encore:
“Whole Lotta Love”
“Rock and Roll”
More info......
Led Zeppelin tour leaks keep coming from the strangest of sources. First, it was the Cult’s Ian Astbury blurting out what could be the biggest secret in rock as he announced his band would open for the still-unannounced and unconfirmed Zeppelin reunion tour. Now, “an anonymous reader” reportedly told the Lefsetz Letter writer Bob Lefsetz, “Zeppelin just confirmed for Bonnaroo. They can’t officially announce until after the London gig so pass it on! Also Metallica is confirmed on the bill too!” Zeppelin, the stars of Rolling Stone’s current issue, have not announced any dates outside of their December 10th reunion concert at London’s O2 Arena. Both rock bands make sense though for the ‘Roo: Led Zeppelin could single-handedly draw a Woodstock-sized audience to rural Tennessee even without a hundred other bands on the bill, plus the festival headlined the reunited Police last June. Metallica would continue Bonnaroo’s trend of putting hard acts on the marquee, as the festival experimented with Tool among its headliners in 2007. But can we really believe “an anonymous reader” of The Lefsetz Letter? (Apparently not: the band’s management has since denied the report). We barely believe our own “anonymous readers.” Just two weeks ago, a fake Coachella flyer was making the rounds claiming that Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine and an unretired-from-the-stage David Bowie were headlining the 2008 Indio, CA, festival. But with the ever-increasing number of festivals being held in the summer, Led Zeppelin would seem like a major coup for the hippie heaven Bonnaroo … that is, unless, they can orchestrate a Phish reunion.

snake321
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Well that may be a bit extreme, Jason is a very good Drummer indeed. Technically Jason might even be a little bit better than his Dad...however what made Bonham a great Drummer is what he played/created on Zep's songs...that is unique!
Jason deserved the spot, no one else should have even been considered. Someone else up there would be like spitting on Bonzo's grave.
*Thomas Lang is one of the "best" out there (he is one of few)...what this Man can do behind a Drum kit is almost un human. However, not even someone like Thomas Lang etc has no business filling in with Zep...not when Bonzo's Son is walking the Earth.;)
You talking about Corky???