PDA

View Full Version : Quality Performance Marine - Corona

TheCarDudes
12-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Anybody here on the boards use them? Input?

BoatFloating
12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
They do good work. Rob is the owner...

Rexone
12-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I have always heard positive things about them.

INI
12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
awesome work...they did my boat. Complete interior change..

77charger
12-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I used tham few years ago to change the y pipe for my exhaust.Went really well made an appointment of drop off boat and they finished it ontime.Price i felt was fair too.

Sigus
12-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Rob is a good guy and fair on his pricing. He can be a little cocky at times but I think it goes with the territory.

kap
12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Dear Cardudes:
I live in San Diego and took my boat to Quality Perf. Marine in Corona--- not because I have to but because I want too. Yes! I would take the boat from Arizona to San Diego then drive all the way to Corona---this is based on trust, integrity,and the quality of work coming out of the shop. The person running the show for QPM would not allow anything less.
That person is Rob Clark/owner/operator who is a genuine person who will not try and sell you service unlesss you need it. I have been a loyal customer for years and will continue for years to come.
I highly recommend his establishment and trust the service without reservation. Mr. Clark is familiar with all types of motors and a factory authorized Mercury service establishment. Mr. Clark is also familiar with TPI products, drives and related service issues as well.
Sincerely,
KAP

grads2112
12-11-2007, 05:58 PM
They are working on my boat currently and I am extremely happy. I've been dealing with Pete down there and he is always in constant contact with me. If it says anything, I drove my boat down from Sacramento (450 miles) to have them work on it. Are there closer places?.....yes. Better?......no.

cc322
12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Rob knows his stuff and is a very good guy, he will treat you right.

phebus
12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Dear Cardudes:
I live in San Diego and took my boat to Quality Perf. Marine in Corona--- not because I have to but because I want too. Yes! I would take the boat from Arizona to San Diego then drive all the way to Corona---this is based on trust, integrity,and the quality of work coming out of the shop. The person running the show for QPM would not allow anything less.
That person is Rob Clark/owner/operator who is a genuine person who will not try and sell you service unlesss you need it. I have been a loyal customer for years and will continue for years to come.
I highly recommend his establishment and trust the service without reservation. Mr. Clark is familiar with all types of motors and a factory authorized Mercury service establishment. Mr. Clark is also familiar with TPI products, drives and related service issues as well.
Sincerely,
KAP
Wow, nice testimonial. Sounds like a great business.

ULTRA26 # 1
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Rob is a great guy. Good store

ultra26shadow
12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Great work took my old 21 Ultra over there for service and did a great job didnt have a problem Like the place to because he is a Mercury Authorized service shop

shueman
12-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Thumbs up from Eliminator... :cool: ;)

McIntyrelocal
12-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I worked there for almost 2 years rob , jack , tim they are all good guys and great technisions that know there craft very well i havent visited them in probly 8-9 months and dont know there new guys very much but rob knows what a good mechanic is and employs smart people and they are the best merc waranty guys out there.

INSman
12-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Are you kidding me, you don't call m on this ?!? :eek:
Rob is literally the CA version of Absolute in my mind, did my warranty work on the stock Merc 496 with only 28 hours that threw a rod that infamous weekend, you remember ;)

HPBoats83
12-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I have had Rob work on my stuff a few times. I personally felt he was a little high on the pricing and would like to see a little better customer service from him. There have been several times I have called him, left a message with his secretary, and never a call back. I prefeer a smaller place that is a little better on customer service. Rob is a great guy and does great work once the boat is there.

CA Stu
12-11-2007, 11:07 PM
I used them for service on my Chaparral, great service, prompt and totally professional.
Spend your money there with confidence.
Thanks
CA Stu

Lavey29
12-12-2007, 01:17 AM
I used to use them all the time years back would not go back to them if they were the only boat shop for 100 miles. Rob charged me over $400 to pull 8 plugs on a stock 502EFI when I had some water revert up the exhaust and I even helped him by pulling one side. Took less than an hour. I had been going to him for like 5 years at that point and I refuse to go back ever again. I personally recommend Prime marine in Rancho now. They do quality work and take good care of the boat. They even wash and clean it all up before pick up. They get all my business now. Just my .02

Flashwave
12-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Where ever Pete goes, Flashwave goes. Petes a great mechanic who cares about his customers. The shop is only as good as the guy who works on your boat. Think of the mechanic like your doctor.
Kirk & Paul at Extreme Custom Marine are also great.

duffster
12-12-2007, 07:27 AM
I have had stuff fixed by these guys no complaints here they do good work.

BADBLOWN572
12-12-2007, 08:35 AM
One of the very few shops that I would recommend. :) Rob & the crew over there are all great guys and know their stuff.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-12-2007, 08:39 AM
One of the very few shops that I would recommend. :) Rob & the crew over there are all great guys and know their stuff.
WHAT HE SAID:D

12-12-2007, 08:40 AM
I used to use them all the time years back would not go back to them if they were the only boat shop for 100 miles. :jawdrop: :confused:
Wow Marc, sorry to hear. Rob has always given me great service and my Dad used to use him for years as well. Each time I have been treated with honesty and integrity; and, Rob has gone the extra mile for me on more than one occasion when I needed the boat back ASAP.
From my experience I have to give QPM two thumbs up!:D
---Rob

TheCarDudes
12-12-2007, 09:12 AM
WOW! Over 20 plus great endorsements before we got to the first negative. I think that may be a Hot Boat record. It must be an isolated situation.
I did want to have a shop in California just in case I decide to brink the boat here for any reason. I usually just have everything done in Havasu.
Thanks for all the input. Looks like QPM will be my shop of choice for California.
TCD

Mrs.HLB
12-12-2007, 12:20 PM
We take our boat there also.. very convenient and fair.
Mrs.HLB

BoatPI
12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
I have worked with Rob on several insurance claims. He was always honest.

AirtimeLavey
12-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Good shop. As I related a couple of years ago, Rob went above and beyond the first time I had my boat in. There is another good shop or two closer to me, but I will take it to Rob. Gives me a lot of confidence out on the water.

Lavey29
12-12-2007, 08:21 PM
:jawdrop: :confused:
Wow Marc, sorry to hear. Rob has always given me great service and my Dad used to use him for years as well. Each time I have been treated with honesty and integrity; and, Rob has gone the extra mile for me on more than one occasion when I needed the boat back ASAP.
From my experience I have to give QPM two thumbs up!:D
---Rob
Hey Rob,
I had used his shop for like 5 years until he screwed me like that on a simple repair. I am sure if I had not been there, he would have probably made up some long story about all the work he had to do to fix my boat and that is why the cost was so high but I was there and helped him pull 8 spark plugs, turn the key a few times and put the plugs back in and he screwed me for money. Maybe he was in a slow time and needed fast cash, don't know but i will never go back. I am glad you have good luck though...