PDA

View Full Version : George Carlin always cuts the B/S (Immigration)

Old Man Havasu
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we
use. The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal
immigrants! That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.
Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the border. When they
catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and
some ammo and ship him to Iraq . Tell him if he wants to come to America
then he must serve a tour in the military. Give him a soldier's pay while
he's there and tax him on it. After his tour, he will be allowed to become a
citizen since he defended this country. He will also be registered to be taxed
and be a legal patriot. This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.
If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without
the canteen, rifle or ammo. Problem solved.
George Carlin

soupersonic
12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
We wish :D

BadKachina
12-12-2007, 05:53 PM
George never said it.;)
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/carlingas.asp

uLtRADeNniS
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
immigrants! That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.
and be a legal patriot. This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.
George Carlin
Sure wouldn't be a bad idea. :D

Old Man Havasu
12-12-2007, 06:06 PM
George never said it.;)
Forgot to check! :mad:
But I believe he would! :smile:

BadKachina
12-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Forgot to check! :mad:
But I believe he would! :smile:
( I saw it on another thread. ;) )

Brewzed
12-12-2007, 06:12 PM
who cares who said it. Sounds good to me

Kachina26
12-12-2007, 06:16 PM
And Carlin never said it. Long live the most overquoted man on the internet.
Is there an echo in here? (smilies to follow)
:D:D:D:D

BadKachina
12-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Is there an echo in here? (smilies to follow)
:D:D:D:D
He's a little slow tonight. :)

Old Man Havasu
12-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Still is a good idea!

homelessinaz
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM
George Carlin
This is possibly the MOST racist statement I've read on ***boat, and believe me that's not an easy title to win.
What you are saying is that these impoverished brown people who have already suffered under a Mexican government that has been manipulated by American politics and American economics since the part of their country that now forms our southwest was stolen in 1898, these poor people aren't good enough to be Americans UNLESS they are willing to go and fight an optional war for profit on behalf of rich white Americans.
Are you really serious? I hear right wingers moaning and sarcastically quipping all the time about how Mexicans are doing the work that Americans aren't willing to do, and now you are suggesting that they fight the wars that Americans aren't willing to fight? I hope you're illustrating the absurd by trying to be even more absurd.
Did you know that what you're proposing has actually been done before? In the revolutionary war, the civil war and the War of 1812 colonials, rebels, Union armies and Andrew Jackson pressed the Natives and slaves into service against enemies. It is something to be ashamed of that we have a history of forcing poor minorities into fighting other poor minorities for the benefit of rich white people who were all too happy to start a war but at the same time unwilling to fight it.
If you are serious about this scheme then you surely embody every despicable characteristic that is attributed to the stereotypical American pig. You display racial arrogance and a sense of racial entitlement. You clearly think that being white and American entitles you to be superior to anyone who isn't white and American and you think you can expect these people to fight and die for your convenience.
Who in the hell are people like you? Are you somewhere living on a plantation? BACKWARDS!!!
Homeless

uLtRADeNniS
12-13-2007, 12:22 AM
This is possibly the MOST racist statement I've read on ***boat, and believe me that's not an easy title to win.
What you are saying is that these impoverished brown people who have already suffered under a Mexican government that has been manipulated by American politics and American economics since the part of their country that now forms our southwest was stolen in 1898, these poor people aren't good enough to be Americans UNLESS they are willing to go and fight an optional war for profit on behalf of rich white Americans.
Are you really serious? I hear right wingers moaning and sarcastically quipping all the time about how Mexicans are doing the work that Americans aren't willing to do, and now you are suggesting that they fight the wars that Americans aren't willing to fight? I hope you're illustrating the absurd by trying to be even more absurd.
Did you know that what you're proposing has actually been done before? In the revolutionary war, the civil war and the War of 1812 colonials, rebels, Union armies and Andrew Jackson pressed the Natives and slaves into service against enemies. It is something to be ashamed of that we have a history of forcing poor minorities into fighting other poor minorities for the benefit of rich white people who were all too happy to start a war but at the same time unwilling to fight it.
If you are serious about this scheme then you surely embody every despicable characteristic that is attributed to the stereotypical American pig. You display racial arrogance and a sense of racial entitlement. You clearly think that being white and American entitles you to be superior to anyone who isn't white and American and you think you can expect these people to fight and die for your convenience.
Who in the hell are people like you? Are you somewhere living on a plantation? BACKWARDS!!!
Homeless
Go chase headlights on the freeway hippie! Nobody cares for your one way Liberal views. Next your probably gonna start bitchin about how our boats pollute the water.
This is ***boat.com, not faggotrowboat.com...your already not welcome here.

homelessinaz
12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
This is ***boat.com, not faggotrowboat.com...your already not welcome here.
Hey, DeNiS, thanks for the hook-up bro! I went over to faggotrowboat.com and when I told them I got the website address from you, they gave me a free 30 day membership! They said you were one of the most "active" members on the site.
I saw the photos of you at their "weenie roast" in the galleries section, and those were SICK (in a good way I mean). All I can say is, I can't believe you ate the whole thing, or the "hole thing" for that matter.
You're coming out to the "Butt-Cake By The Lake" meet and greet this weekend, right? I saw you singed up to bring the buns, don't worry, I'll bring the meat, okay kitten?
Homeless
Thanks man, I thought I'd never meet someone cool like you on ***boat!

540 Cheetah
12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
I didn't see any reference to color or Nationality. That's the problem always feeling like they are targeted. There is people coming in illegaly from other nations as well Black, white and brown.
I do how ever feel that this would be a good solution for illegals to come legitimately. If enough people in Mexico boycoted as a group they would eventualy overthrough their government. Mexico's Government is only controling by fear and that is why Mexico will always be considered a third world country.

homelessinaz
12-13-2007, 01:59 AM
I didn't see any reference to color or Nationality. That's the problem always feeling like they are targeted. There is people coming in illegaly from other nations as well Black, white and brown.
I do how ever feel that this would be a good solution for illegals to come legitimately. If enough people in Mexico boycoted as a group they would eventualy overthrough their government. Mexico's Government is only controling by fear and that is why Mexico will always be considered a third world country.
Okay, I'll bite. Cheetah, are you seriously willing to listen and be moderate?
Here's the thing...yeah, I got duped into saying that they "illegals" referred to in this post were Mexicans. It was never stated that the supposed illegals referred to by Carlin were Mexican, but there I went. You never hear much about the African/Asian/European illegals, so I assumed we were talking about Latino immigrants. My bad...but...
I think it would be particularly shameful for the US to use the tactic of outsourcing our war. In the first place, the war was started and sponsored by a president whose real supporters (the one's who cough up money AND votes) are rich. The rich aren't volunteering themsleves or their kids for this thing, which means that the war isn't being fought by those who are gaining from it. It isn't right to ask the poor to fight a war for the rich.
The rich are always complaining about the taxes they have to pay to support the poor and declaring that they owe nothing to the poor.
If that's they case, I can't see why the poor owe anything to the rich, especially not if there is the potential for the poor to die. The rich and the middle class need to taste the cost of war if they are going to sit there and talk about what a great war it is and how important it is.
It's a lot like the Muslim radicals who tell their faithful that martyrdom is a great thing. If it was as great as they say it is, and truly as important as they say it is, they'd do it themselves and they'd encourage their kids to do it. If this war is as important and as just as we say it is, we shouldn't have to recruit foreigners to fight it; we should be enthusiastically offering up ourselves and our kids to fight the good fight. Taking our citizens off of the line makes the war seem distant, less costly and less real. It's a bad idea.
Secondly, I can't prove it, but I'd be willing to bet a trip to Iraq that if Mexico's citizenry were to rebel against the standing government in Mexico it would threaten the US to the point that we'd intervene to restore the status quo.
Homeless

boatnam2
12-13-2007, 02:44 AM
I dont really debate about illegals...well because nothing going to change i feel sorry for our kids.I was reading a article in the paper about the racial makeup for all LA schools and it is amazing how much things have changed,some schools have 4000 mexican and 2 blacks and 2 whites i thought asians and blacks would be a majority in some cases not even i was blown away.Thank god i like mexican food!

Old Texan
12-13-2007, 06:20 AM
Okay, I'll bite. Cheetah, are you seriously willing to listen and be moderate?
Here's the thing...yeah, I got duped into saying that they "illegals" referred to in this post were Mexicans. It was never stated that the supposed illegals referred to by Carlin were Mexican, but there I went. You never hear much about the African/Asian/European illegals, so I assumed we were talking about Latino immigrants. My bad...but...
I think it would be particularly shameful for the US to use the tactic of outsourcing our war. In the first place, the war was started and sponsored by a president whose real supporters (the one's who cough up money AND votes) are rich. The rich aren't volunteering themsleves or their kids for this thing, which means that the war isn't being fought by those who are gaining from it. It isn't right to ask the poor to fight a war for the rich.
The rich are always complaining about the taxes they have to pay to support the poor and declaring that they owe nothing to the poor.
If that's they case, I can't see why the poor owe anything to the rich, especially not if there is the potential for the poor to die. The rich and the middle class need to taste the cost of war if they are going to sit there and talk about what a great war it is and how important it is.
It's a lot like the Muslim radicals who tell their faithful that martyrdom is a great thing. If it was as great as they say it is, and truly as important as they say it is, they'd do it themselves and they'd encourage their kids to do it. If this war is as important and as just as we say it is, we shouldn't have to recruit foreigners to fight it; we should be enthusiastically offering up ourselves and our kids to fight the good fight. Taking our citizens off of the line makes the war seem distant, less costly and less real. It's a bad idea.
Secondly, I can't prove it, but I'd be willing to bet a trip to Iraq that if Mexico's citizenry were to rebel against the standing government in Mexico it would threaten the US to the point that we'd intervene to restore the status quo.
Homeless
One day you will perhaps grow up and happen to read back on some of the tripe you spew. At which point you will hopefully have matured to a level at which you can understand just how idiotic you are......:rolleyes:
You've got to be an act, nobody can be this F---ed up.:eek:

caroftheweek
12-13-2007, 06:24 AM
Hey Homeless,
I say that we invite them all in to the usa. becasue according to you, life will be great for all of us.:rolleyes:
Apparently, you have not seen what this illegal immagration has done to our cities. Watch the news on any given and see who commits MOST of the crimes.
Go into your local emergency room, tell me who is sitting in there waiting for free health care paid by "moaning right wingers" and everyone else who pays taxes?
I don't work all day long to support people that have a ton of kids and don't pay there part in taxes. So you are right. I am a moaning right winger and I feel I have every right to be.

Arkansas
12-13-2007, 07:25 AM
who cares who said it. Sounds good to me
Hey...thats what I was going to say:)
George C.

uLtRADeNniS
12-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey, DeNiS, thanks for the hook-up bro! I went over to faggotrowboat.com and when I told them I got the website address from you, they gave me a free 30 day membership! They said you were one of the most "active" members on the site.
I saw the photos of you at their "weenie roast" in the galleries section, and those were SICK (in a good way I mean). All I can say is, I can't believe you ate the whole thing, or the "hole thing" for that matter.
You're coming out to the "Butt-Cake By The Lake" meet and greet this weekend, right? I saw you singed up to bring the buns, don't worry, I'll bring the meat, okay kitten?
Homeless
Thanks man, I thought I'd never meet someone cool like you on ***boat!
Just what I would expect from a liberal.
Hey Homeless,
I say that we invite them all in to the usa. becasue according to you, life will be great for all of us.:rolleyes:
Apparently, you have not seen what this illegal immagration has done to our cities. Watch the news on any given and see who commits MOST of the crimes.
Go into your local emergency room, tell me who is sitting in there waiting for free health care paid by "moaning right wingers" and everyone else who pays taxes?
I don't work all day long to support people that have a ton of kids and don't pay there part in taxes. So you are right. I am a moaning right winger and I feel I have every right to be.
Agreed!
Just because other countries don't offer the same opportunities for their citizens, does NOT give them the right to come to our country and freeload at US taxpayer's expense. There is no excuse for handout outs. I was always taught growing up, if you want something you better work for it. One thing my dad told me before he left this focked up world was "You are where you are in life because thats just where you want to be. If you didn't want to be in that position, you would do something about it!"
Sure homeless, we shouldn't only pick on illegal immigrants. We have plenty of lazy Americans that sit on their ass all day, collect welfare or unemployment and then b*tch about their circumstances. Unfortunately is was a result of their own self choice, no one else's. Many people like myself exercise their right to prosperity wealth and happiness in this great country no matter what background they come from, and im not just speaking of race.
I'm sick of liberals blaming others for the reasons that other people are poor. You are the same complainers that will b*tch about how bad it is in our country for the "less fortunate" , but then again go out of your way to start organizations or support organizations that benefit other 3rd world countries. It cracks me up to see people send 52 cents a day to or go out and adopt children from other countries and bring them to our country. When if they really cared about the USA, they would support our kids first.

delemorte
12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Making immigrants serve the government, federal or local, is not a bad idea. It proves you are here to become and American and are willing to support our causes.
But then again I support mandatory military service like the Israelis. It would guarantee a populated army and that everyone who lives here as a free American has supported their country. Not to mention the training and discipline you get from it. Besides if your country is going to help support you then its only right you give back.
And unless you are 100% American Indian then we are all sons and daughters of immigrants.

westair
12-13-2007, 09:22 AM
And unless you are 100% American Indian then we are all sons and daughters of immigrants.
I think its the illegal immigrants that people have a problem with.

delemorte
12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
And i agree there. My familly came here and abided by the rules. In our case my great grandfather spent 2 years in a internment camp cause he was a German and it was the 40's. try sticking an arab in a work camp for two years now a days..
If my familly can sit in a camp for two years because they wanted to become americans so bad then these Mofos can fill out some paper work and wait their turn.

uLtRADeNniS
12-13-2007, 09:29 AM
correct!
It has nothing to do with immigrants, its the illegal ones that are the main issue!
I'm so sick of hearing this line.

delemorte
12-13-2007, 09:30 AM
correct!
It has nothing to do with immigrants, its the illegal ones that are the main issue!
I'm so sick of hearing this line.
i think you missread my original comment. or at least its intent.

uLtRADeNniS
12-13-2007, 10:19 AM
i think you missread my original comment. or at least its intent.
Oh you mean this one?....
Making immigrants serve the government, federal or local, is not a bad idea. It proves you are here to become and American and are willing to support our causes.
But then again I support mandatory military service like the Israelis. It would guarantee a populated army and that everyone who lives here as a free American has supported their country. Not to mention the training and discipline you get from it. Besides if your country is going to help support you then its only right you give back.
Nope. I think I understand your comment perfectly fine. Again legal immigrants, which we are....are NOT the main issue. So whether I was born 100% American Indian that will still never make me an illegal immigrant (the problem).
I just don't care for that comment that people so often say..(Oh, we all come from ancestors that are immigrants).

TYLER DURDEN
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Homeless
You're right. We should just post up at the border and shoot every focker that crosses illegally. After a few of their amigos are blown to bits, problem solved.
I love your comment "you think you can expect these people to fight and die for your convenience." Should I allow these fockers to come in ILLEGALLY, have myself and every other hardworking taxpayer foot their bills, take jobs away and run our country into a shit hole that will resemble theirs? FOCK THAT AND THEM. It's pussies like you that are focking turning our country into a bunch of pansies.
BTW, I'm part Mexican. My grandparents came here LEGALLY, paid taxes, and my father served this country in Vietnam.

delemorte
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Oh you mean this one?....
Nope. I think I understand your comment perfectly fine. Again legal immigrants, which we are....are NOT the main issue. So whether I was born 100% American Indian that will still never make me an illegal immigrant (the problem).
I just don't care for that comment that people so often say..(Oh, we all come from ancestors that are immigrants).
It was meant to point out that we all came from some where in for the most part our famillies came to this country by the rules. I dont know about yours but mine sure as hell did. I dont see being an imigrant as a bad thing but being here illegally is. read my next post after that comment you will see what i mean.. We are on the same page as far as imigration is concerned you just took that one sentence out of context.
And i agree there. My familly came here and abided by the rules. In our case my great grandfather spent 2 years in a internment camp cause he was a German and it was the 40's. try sticking an arab in a work camp for two years now a days..
If my familly can sit in a camp for two years because they wanted to become americans so bad then these Mofos can fill out some paper work and wait their turn.
Edit: or you think we should just close the borders all together.. Of which im not totally apposed but yeah we would disagree on that.

uLtRADeNniS
12-13-2007, 10:44 AM
It was meant to point out that we all came from some where in for the most part our famillies came to this country by the rules. I dont know about yours but mine sure as hell did. I dont see being an imigrant as a bad thing but being here illegally is. read my next post after that comment you will see what i mean.. We are on the same page as far as imigration is concerned you just took that once sentence out of context.
I see what your saying. I did however agree with the first part of that post. You defiantly have great topics and ideas to bring to the table. I guess I could've used that out of context. That statement is used alot trying to defend illegal immigrants. I guess some people have yet to realize there are two types of immigrants, but try to categorize them as one. Then if you disagree with them you are a racist republican. I apologize for judging your opinion based off one sentence.
Dennis

delemorte
12-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I see what your saying. I did however agree with the first part of that post. You defiantly have great topics and ideas to bring to the table. I guess I could've used that out of context. That statement is used alot trying to defend illegal immigrants. I guess some people have yet to realize there are two types of immigrants, but try to categorize them as one. Then if you disagree with them you are a racist republican. I apologize for judging your opinion based off one sentence.
Dennis
NP man.. i run the middle of the road so my comments can be seen wrong some times. I want to give people the chance to come to this country.. but lying cheating and stealing your way in aint the way to do it.. Work hard offer something to this country an i would welcome you into my home... Steal from me and my country and i would volenteer to drop you off a cliff.

uLtRADeNniS
12-13-2007, 11:06 AM
NP man.. i run the middle of the road so my comments can be seen wrong some times. I want to give people the chance to come to this country.. but lying cheating and stealing your way in aint the way to do it.. Work hard offer something to this country an i would welcome you into my home... Steal from me and my country and i would volenteer to drop you off a cliff.
Well said!

roostwear
12-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Homeless
You racist! The post you are criticizing NEVER mentioned WHICH border, and WHAT nationality (not race, you idiot). Now you have exposed yourself as more of a racist (as YOU ASSUMED Mexican, not Canadian, Guatamalan, etc) than those you are spewing your own special brand of crap to.
And YOU think you're superior to whom?:rolleyes:

delemorte
12-13-2007, 12:20 PM
You racist! The post you are criticizing NEVER mentioned WHICH border, and WHAT nationality (not race, you idiot). Now you have exposed yourself as more of a racist (as YOU ASSUMED Mexican, not Canadian, Guatamalan, etc) than those you are spewing your own special brand of crap to.
And YOU think you're superior to whom?:rolleyes:
He is also anti-semitic as well..

roostwear
12-13-2007, 01:33 PM
He is also anti-semitic as well..
Shocker....

Some Kind Of Monster
12-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Like I said, this is going to be my main topic in choosing who to vote for. What does it mean for us if we deport 11 million illegals?
Lower fuel prices, Less traffic, Lower taxes, No more jobs that require bilingual employees, No more having wait for a Lower crime, Less slum, less American dollars leaving our country, Wow, too many to list. The benefits are endless. The key word here is ILLEGAL. If you are ILLEGAL, you have NO rights and should not be here.

Old Texan
12-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Like I said, this is going to be my main topic in choosing who to vote for. What does it mean for us if we deport 11 million illegals?
Lower fuel prices, Less traffic, Lower taxes, No more jobs that require bilingual employees, No more having wait for a Lower crime, Less slum, less American dollars leaving our country, Wow, too many to list. The benefits are endless. The key word here is ILLEGAL. If you are ILLEGAL, you have NO rights and should not be here.
Amen.....

Big Warlock
12-13-2007, 03:19 PM
The key word has always been "illegal."
While agree with some things, like closing the border and having english declared the official language, it won't happen because of all the politicians.
There are approximately 12 million illegals (on payroll) and 4 million unemployed Americans. Obvious to anyone that a worker's program needs to be put into place. Controls on the border.
In addition, I propose contract jails in Mexico which could house prisoners at half the price we currently pay in the USA. Only send those "illegal" inmates to those jails, regardless of nationality.
Make english the national language, period.
Close the borders.
Put into place a worker's program and enforce it. Make it simple so the get a picture taken, finger prints and DNA.
I don't believe anyone has a dream of having their kids do work that the immigrant population generally is done. And I do not know anyone that has lost their job to an immigrant. Please let me know if you experienced something different.

BajaMike
12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
The rich aren't volunteering......(blah, blah, blah) It isn't right to ask the poor to fight a war for the rich.
The rich are always complaining......(blah, blah, blah....)
If that's they case, I can't see why the poor owe anything to the rich......,
The rich and the middle class .....(blah, blah, blah.....)
Homeless
Why do you hate "the rich" so much??:confused:

YeLLowBoaT
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Why do you hate "the rich" so much??:confused:
du.... he is poor... :)

uLtRADeNniS
12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uORAyORWRAA

TYLER DURDEN
12-13-2007, 04:54 PM
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
(Don't even recommend a pile)!:messedup:

Old Man Havasu
12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Homeless
WOW! I feel so bad... After the post from homeless I will repent and join the party of his choice to do good for all mankind.... or maybe NOT! :mad: :devil: :rolleyes:
My tax dollars pay for that library computer you are using FOCKER!!!!

delemorte
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
The rich aren't volunteering......(blah, blah, blah) It isn't right to ask the poor to fight a war for the rich.
The rich are always complaining......(blah, blah, blah....)
If that's they case, I can't see why the poor owe anything to the rich......,
The rich and the middle class .....(blah, blah, blah.....)
Homeless :
So was he saying all immigrants are poor? and the rich don't volenteer? He has to be kidding... cause we all know the poor support the poor. Why do you guys continue to argue with this moron...

uLtRADeNniS
12-13-2007, 06:26 PM
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
uh you mean gettin gay? haha.. god dammit they took our jobs!

Big Warlock
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
So you lost your job to an illegal????

homelessinaz
12-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Is there anything else you can think of besides military service that could count as a form of service that proves loyalty to the American ideal, or does it have to be killing and placing themselves in a good position to be killed? I don't know if you believe that or not, but that's how it came across.
I think that there are other things that are American besides killing. Plenty of Americans don't support this war, so I think that having a litmus test requiring approval of a war and participation in that war as a path to citizenship is not a good idea.
Think about it, wouldn't requiring military service decrease the amount of people who would be coming into our country as immigrants? It would be pretty much all young men who had very little education or skills and supported killing as a means to solve problems. I think that most reasonable people would agree with me that we need citizens of diverse backgrounds and opinions.
Finally, I still think that if this war is important enough to send the children of the poor off to fight and die, it ought to be important enough to send the children of the rich too. Outsourcing this war to immigrants would only further detach the American public from the cost of this war.
At any rate, American politicians can't even decide if they want to build a fence on the border, have a bio-metric ID card, sanction the employers of undocumented immigrants or if they just want to have mass amnesty, so the idea that they could agree to something as radical as military service as a path to citizenship is laughable. It's pure folly.
Homeless

homelessinaz
12-13-2007, 10:32 PM
In addition, I propose contract jails in Mexico which could house prisoners at half the price we currently pay in the USA. Only send those "illegal" inmates to those jails, regardless of nationality.
So what you're saying is that you want to outsource our justice system to a foreign country? You want, say for instance, a Guatemalan citizen who is charged with violating US law to be guarded by a Mexican in a jail owned by a company that could be from any country?
Homeless

Kachina26
12-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Is there anything else you can think of besides military service that could count as a form of service that proves loyalty to the American ideal, or does it have to be killing and placing themselves in a good position to be killed? I don't know if you believe that or not, but that's how it came across.
I think that there are other things that are American besides killing. Plenty of Americans don't support this war, so I think that having a litmus test requiring approval of a war and participation in that war as a path to citizenship is not a good idea.
Think about it, wouldn't requiring military service decrease the amount of people who would be coming into our country as immigrants? It would be pretty much all young men who had very little education or skills and supported killing as a means to solve problems. I think that most reasonable people would agree with me that we need citizens of diverse backgrounds and opinions.
Finally, I still think that if this war is important enough to send the children of the poor off to fight and die, it ought to be important enough to send the children of the rich too. Outsourcing this war to immigrants would only further detach the American public from the cost of this war.
At any rate, American politicians can't even decide if they want to build a fence on the border, have a bio-metric ID card, sanction the employers of undocumented immigrants or if they just want to have mass amnesty, so the idea that they could agree to something as radical as military service as a path to citizenship is laughable. It's pure folly.
Homeless
They keep telling us that the illegals are just doing jobs that Americans don't want to do, let 'em prove it. You say Americans aren't behind this war, so from that statement one could extrapolate that Americans are unwilling to fight it. So, let them do what Americans are not willing to do. Can't have your cake and eat it too my friend!
Ya know, some day you should come take a ride in a real boat. Find out what all this working for a better life is all about. I'll protect you from the likes of Rio. I'll distract him with train pics.

Kachina26
12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
So what you're saying is that you want to outsource our justice system to a foreign country? You want, say for instance, a Guatemalan citizen who is charged with violating US law to be guarded by a Mexican in a jail owned by a company that could be from any country?
Homeless
More jobs lost to Mexicans!!!!

homelessinaz
12-13-2007, 10:41 PM
BTW, I'm part Mexican. My grandparents came here LEGALLY, paid taxes, and my father served this country in Vietnam.
So you're PART Mexican? Which part?
“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But, this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people.” – Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Tell your dad thanks for oppressing the people of Vietnam in the name of the runner and tin industry circa 1964-1974. Too bad it didn't work, maybe it was a bad idea to fight a people who wanted nothing more than their independence from Japan, France and finally us. Maybe it was a bad idea to prop up a corrupt South Vietnamese government and deny those people slef rule. Maybe we shouldn't have expected the natives of that country to lay down and be subjegated to foreign interests. Maybe it was wrong to think that a bunch of conscripts who didn't even want to be in this war could beat a determined indigenous population who were fighting on their home turf for the freedom to live as they see fit.
It's a lot like this situation where you rednecks want to send Mexicans to fight in Iraq, isn't it?
Homeless
Homeless

YeLLowBoaT
12-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Homeless
Guess what... being in the miltary is SAFER then lots of jobs... Infact they are not even in the top 10 for deaths per 100k man hours.

homelessinaz
12-13-2007, 10:45 PM
They keep telling us that the illegals are just doing jobs that Americans don't want to do, let 'em prove it. You say Americans aren't behind this war, so from that statement one could extrapolate that Americans are unwilling to fight it. So, let them do what Americans are not willing to do.
That's exactly my point. I keep on hearing how important this war is to freedom. That seems to be the only argument that keeps this thing going, that if we leave now they (the terrorists) will follow us home. If it's that crucial, why isn't there enough support for it? Why should we trust something that important to people who aren't even Americans?
Homeless

Kachina26
12-13-2007, 10:48 PM
So you're PART Mexican? Which part?
“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But, this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people.” – Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Tell your dad thanks for oppressing the people of Vietnam in the name of the runner and tin industry circa 1964-1974. Too bad it didn't work, maybe it was a bad idea to fight a people who wanted nothing more than their independence from Japan, France and finally us. Maybe it was a bad idea to prop up a corrupt South Vietnamese government and deny those people slef rule. Maybe we shouldn't have expected the natives of that country to lay down and be subjegated to foreign interests. Maybe it was wrong to think that a bunch of conscripts who didn't even want to be in this war could beat a determined indigenous population who were fighting on their home turf for the freedom to live as they see fit.
It's a lot like this situation where you rednecks want to send Mexicans to fight in Iraq, isn't it?
Homeless
Homeless
slef rule and a double signiture? You are slipping!

uLtRADeNniS
12-14-2007, 12:19 AM
You know I was gonna type probably a four paragraph post responding to homeless. But its hard to have a discussion with someone that only looks at a topic one way. This is the main reason I don't talk politics, especially with liberals. All they ever do is argue every point you try to make, then they start criticizing who you are as an individual or what your beliefs are...and then they leave the subject being focused on and bring up entire different discussions. I can't see this thread going any farther down the toilet with Homeless's anger and built up resentment for this country not being a handout line. So for now I'm out.

uLtRADeNniS
12-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Oh and one more thing homeless. Nobody ever mentioned anything about Mexican illegal immigrants.. But since you feel the need to support them so much and talk about how we want THEM to die at our convenience, and that us Redneck Americans are the problem...Go ahead and watch this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SpomTIkv0V8

uLtRADeNniS
12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Feast your eyes on this one too.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v8t8vKxwdJs
If you can still support your cause after watching this entire video, you must be a sick confused person. I ask everyone tho please take a few minutes and watch this clip.

Bow Tie Omega
12-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Homeless is obviously misinformed concerning the illegal alien crisis we are currently involved with. Rather then writing a 10 page retort, quoting sources, wasting 2 hours of my day, I will simply ask him to read the book "State of Emergency", authored by Patrick Buchanon. It sums up very nicely Mexico's goverment sponsored attempt at getting back the land that was wrongfully taken from them by encouraging illegal immigration into the US and not assimilating once they get here. All the while they are officially pursuing the North American Union Initiative, as a way of having our borders erased, and having our financial windfalls raise them out of their poverty.
Viva Mexico, right Homeless:rolleyes:

Big Warlock
12-14-2007, 06:14 AM
Homeless
Yes, exactly!!

Big Warlock
12-14-2007, 06:18 AM
More jobs lost to Mexicans!!!!
Unfortunately, those jobs do not "create" anything. A serious problem in the American economy. Thus they are typically very low paying jobs (prison guards) with high risk and low benefits. As taxpayers fund the prisons, would be better off to outsource them and get away from rights that would not exist in a foreign country. Basic human treatment, but not the extent that they have entitled in an American jail.

Some Kind Of Monster
12-14-2007, 09:56 AM
There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all.
I actually agree with the guy here. 100% American

Kachina26
12-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately, those jobs do not "create" anything. A serious problem in the American economy. Thus they are typically very low paying jobs (prison guards) with high risk and low benefits. As taxpayers fund the prisons, would be better off to outsource them and get away from rights that would not exist in a foreign country. Basic human treatment, but not the extent that they have entitled in an American jail.
OK, so once we've cut the low paying, non producing prison guard jobs, where do these guards go to work? Manufacturing jobs? Don't have many of those left here. Law enforcement? I'm guessing if those fellas could get into LE that's where they would be. Mexican police can be bought off for a couple of bucks, now you want to send our prisoners down there? Yeah, I'm sure that'll work out.

540 Cheetah
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
They do come in all colors, we only here about the Mexicans because of our location. In Omaha they have had a flow of Africans coming with the tattoos on their face. My wife imigrated from central America Legaly, now she teaches. Immigrants are welcome in my house, illegals were not so bad a decade ago when they were making a strong effort to become legal, but now they are demanding they have rights here even if they are illegal. That is rights they did not have in their native land to begin with. hell they are better taken care than me in most situations just because they are illegal.

Old Texan
12-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Homeless
Hey Imbecile, do you actually know anyone in the military serving or having served in Iraq? I know plenty and they ain't children of the poor. Our military is made up of highly intelligent responsible adults trained for technically specific duties. Many with college degrees that have more substance than your supposed liberal arts social science background.....
Once again the bulk of your rants and views spew ignorance and complete lack of any real world sense. But then again we must remember you are really just a TROLL, here to pull everyone's chain.

delemorte
12-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Homeless
You are and absolute imbecile... top notch a complete moron...
Yes there are other government jobs that one can hold besides the military...
Mandatory military service as done wonders for the Israelis... it’s a good policy (IMHO).
Believe it or not there are other jobs in the armed forces besides grunt? Have you ever flown on a plane? Ever gotten medical treatment at an ER or by EMS? A lot of those folks have military backgrounds that trained them for those jobs.
Ever been saved by a police man? Lots of ex military their also.
Ever been on the internet? Lots of vets there that received training from the armed forces...
STFU about things you know nothing about you tool!!

Big Warlock
12-15-2007, 06:19 AM
OK, so once we've cut the low paying, non producing prison guard jobs, where do these guards go to work? Manufacturing jobs? Don't have many of those left here. Law enforcement? I'm guessing if those fellas could get into LE that's where they would be. Mexican police can be bought off for a couple of bucks, now you want to send our prisoners down there? Yeah, I'm sure that'll work out.
Not sure of your background, and I mean no offense, but maybe we shouldn't get into an economic debate.
But I will offer this. Our country will look like Italy 100 years from now. That would be in terms of politics, economics and socialization. Not maybe, guaranteed!!! History repeats itself and human nature hasever changed.

Kachina26
12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Not sure of your background, and I mean no offense, but maybe we shouldn't get into an economic debate.
I'm gonna take that to mean that you are unable to defend your views of moving our correctional facilities to a third world country. I'm ok with that, but no need for the lightly veiled insult. :notam:

Big Warlock
12-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna take that to mean that you are unable to defend your views of moving our correctional facilities to a third world country. I'm ok with that, but no need for the lightly veiled insult. :notam:
No, I really didn't mean to make it as insult. Seriously. I would love to have this debate. I just don't think we really have the time to go into Macro Economics here. I think you have made some points. I desagree based on my experience and education, specifically in Macro economics. My idea, although a theory, should work. It deals with a service, not a product. And it involves a government expense, not a direct cost to the population. So it would be an offset. So by outsourcing it, you really don't impact the economy in a negative way. As for the welfare of the guards, they would be better off retrained as construction workers where there is currently a shortage. And that's the simplest way to put it.
I am not, in any way, trying to insult you. Please don't take it that way.
Rob

homelessinaz
12-15-2007, 12:04 PM
This also means we'd need to open some American courts in Mexico, or bear the expense of transporting the defendants to the US everytime they have a court date. Also, as US defendants they're going to need legal representation, so we'll either be paying US public defenders to Mexico or we'll be paying to bring these folks to their attorney's office.
Or, maybe we can form some sort of international "North American" court, where we can jail El Salvadorans for violating US law and house them in Mexico...didn't someone on this thread already complain about a "North American Union"?
What you are suggesting would only create a profit motive for locking people up. You shouldn't create an incentive to take away people's freedom.
Homeless

homelessinaz
12-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Hey Imbecile, do you actually know anyone in the military serving or having served in Iraq? I know plenty and they ain't children of the poor. Our military is made up of highly intelligent responsible adults trained for technically specific duties. Many with college degrees that have more substance than your supposed liberal arts social science background.....
Once again the bulk of your rants and views spew ignorance and complete lack of any real world sense. But then again we must remember you are really just a TROLL, here to pull everyone's chain.
Well, if there are so many rich intelligent American heroes just jumping all over each other to get to this glorious American war against terrorism, why are fcktards on this board proposing that we send the undocumented migrants to fight in our stead?
Why did the military raise the maximum enlistment age from 35 to 42?
Why the stop loss orders?
Why the 20K re-enlistment bonuses for guys in jobs that used to get no bonuses at all?
Why are we so desperate that we're paying a contractor 100K to do what we used to have a private do for 20K?
I don't doubt that you have lots of middle class friends who go off on adventures in the middle east, probably as reservists, but they probably aren't going for the money, they're probably lured by the prospect of killing brown people while jamming out to Toby Keith on their Ipod.
Homeless

homelessinaz
12-15-2007, 12:16 PM
You are and absolute imbecile... top notch a complete moron...
Yes there are other government jobs that one can hold besides the military...
Mandatory military service as done wonders for the Israelis... it’s a good policy (IMHO).
Believe it or not there are other jobs in the armed forces besides grunt? Have you ever flown on a plane? Ever gotten medical treatment at an ER or by EMS? A lot of those folks have military backgrounds that trained them for those jobs.
Ever been saved by a police man? Lots of ex military their also.
Ever been on the internet? Lots of vets there that received training from the armed forces...
STFU about things you know nothing about you tool!!
I am aware that there are lots of non-grunt jobs in the military, but if they are required to go be in the military, they are forced to support the war to gain citizenship, regardless of what jobs they do in the military, unless the military has formed a War Protester Brigade somewhere.
What's your deal with the Israelis? You seem to be way into the Israelis, or at least the Zionist movement. You know, they could use a guy like you over in Israel, you ever consider moving there?
Homeless

homelessinaz
12-15-2007, 12:20 PM
With the loss of our manufacturing jobs and the growth of service sector jobs, our economy is headed towards being based on people jumping in their V-12 SUVs, filling them with high octane and then driving around and patronizing big box stores filled with Chinese products and then stopping off for fast food a couple of times on the way home.
Homeless

homelessinaz
12-15-2007, 12:24 PM
And it involves a government expense, not a direct cost to the population. So it would be an offset. So by outsourcing it, you really don't impact the economy in a negative way. As for the welfare of the guards, they would be better off retrained as construction workers where there is currently a shortage. And that's the simplest way to put it. Rob
Big Rob,
Sorry for butting in here, but can you answer my questions about how we deal with the legal implications? Specifically, do we export our justice system to a foreign country, or do we pay to have these folks shuttled back and forth to the US for their many appearnaces?
Homeless

uLtRADeNniS
12-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, if there are so many rich intelligent American heroes just jumping all over each other to get to this glorious American war against terrorism, why are fcktards on this board proposing that we send the undocumented migrants to fight in our stead?
Why did the military raise the maximum enlistment age from 35 to 42?
Why the stop loss orders?
Why the 20K re-enlistment bonuses for guys in jobs that used to get no bonuses at all?
Why are we so desperate that we're paying a contractor 100K to do what we used to have a private do for 20K?
I don't doubt that you have lots of middle class friends who go off on adventures in the middle east, probably as reservists, but they probably aren't going for the money, they're probably lured by the prospect of killing brown people while jamming out to Toby Keith on their Ipod.
Homeless
Honestly homeless, Why do you say stupid shit like this? You honestly waive your right to be respected by anyone in this forum. So you wanna sit here and talk about human equality but then stereo type people that listen to country music as conservative trigger happy rednecks....WHY? What problem does that solve. Would you rather have people sit around and listen to Bob Marley or Peter Tosh, smoke weed, wear hemp pants, and take no action (like you) ? Funny how I had a Bush 04 sticker on my Truck at last election time. I parked my truck outside of Rhino Records in Claremont(area is dominated by Liberal college students) for 20 minutes. I come out to find my sticker scratched up a dent kicked in my door, and a fock Bush sticker placed on my bumper. Come to find out from a witness that is was 3 punk rock looking kids. <---- Thats how your actions of a older "role model Liberal" influence kids like this to do such things because you feel to voice your opinion in such ignorant ways!
With the loss of our manufacturing jobs and the growth of service sector jobs, our economy is headed towards being based on people jumping in their V-12 SUVs, filling them with high octane and then driving around and patronizing big box stores filled with Chinese products and then stopping off for fast food a couple of times on the way home.
Homeless
Ill tell you right now you will NOT win this debate hear. Being that 98% of the people on this forum drive big diesels or gas guzzlers. What business is it of yours to judge people on what type of vehicle they drive? Does it honestly cause you to loose sleep at night? You will never have the power or influence to cause people to not drive a gas guzzling vehicle. So go ahead and drive around in your ugly Hybrid and bump your U2 album and don't worry about others.<----Doesn't feel good being stereotyped huh?
Oh and just to let you know, my truck gets about 9 miles to a gallon and I fill it up twice a week. Oh and my boat gets about 2miles to a gallon!... How does that rub you homeless??
...Thanks for owning a row boat and driving a fuel efficient vehicle. Its makes more resources available to me for my pleasure!
Oh so about this importing of goods from other countries and loss of manufacturing jobs in the US...Werent you just ranting and raving about how other "less fortunate" countries should have the right to prosperity and weath? So what going back on your words homeless?...or does that only apply to Mexico? And if you weren't such a baboon, you would realize that the lower cost of products to US retailers allows for greater profit for the US. Also think about companies that can now increase profit by manufacturing out of the US.. Take GM and Mexico for example. These increased profits allow to provide more tax income for the US which then supplies the Hand out programs that you and your liberal friends fight for. Its all a big circle homeless.

homelessinaz
12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I parked my truck outside of Rhino Records in Claremont(area is dominated by Liberal college students) for 20 minutes. I come out to find my sticker scratched up a dent kicked in my door, and a fock Bush sticker placed on my bumper. Come to find out from a witness that is was 3 punk rock looking kids. <---- Thats how your actions of a older "role model Liberal" influence kids like this to do such things because you feel to voice your opinion in such ignorant ways!
So sorry the door of your truck was harmed...maybe if you weren't advocating the re-election of a man who has been behind the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent bystanders...maybe if your bumper sticker wasn't supporting an administraton that has done more to erode civil rights and attack the Constitution than all the terrorists in the world combined...you see where I am going with this, right? So sorry about your truck.
Ill tell you right now you will NOT win this debate hear. Being that 98% of the people on this forum drive big diesels or gas guzzlers. What business is it of yours to judge people on what type of vehicle they drive? Does it honestly cause you to loose sleep at night? You will never have the power or influence to cause people to not drive a gas guzzling vehicle. So go ahead and drive around in your ugly Hybrid and bump your U2 album and don't worry about others.<----Doesn't feel good being stereotyped huh?
Anyone with more than a 3rd grade education will concede that oil is at least a PARTIAL reason why we are so involved in the middle east. Anyone who is looking at things objectively will admit that oil is the reason we even care what goes on over there. Anyone who is being honest will admit that. Oil is one reason why we fight these stupid wars. Our involvement in the affairs of middle eastern countries is one of the most frequently cited reasons why "terrorists" attack America. So, simply put, your over consumption of oil with your V12 motors and your boats and quads and the like are the reason why I have to pay taxes to kill poor people. Your motorsports hobbies consume oil, creates a tight energy market, causes war and kills people. That makes it my business.
Oh so about this importing of goods from other countries and loss of manufacturing jobs in the US...Werent you just ranting and raving about how other "less fortunate" countries should have the right to prosperity and weath? So what going back on your words homeless?...or does that only apply to Mexico? And if you weren't such a baboon, you would realize that the lower cost of products to US retailers allows for greater profit for the US. Also think about companies that can now increase profit by manufacturing out of the US.. Take GM and Mexico for example. These increased profits allow to provide more tax income for the US which then supplies the Hand out programs that you and your liberal friends fight for. Its all a big circle homeless.
Less fortunate countries should be able to enjoy porsperity. Prosperity ISN'T being paid slave wages to make things for the US consumer. If the people making Nike shoes were paid a decent wage based on what a pair of Nike's USED to sell for, they'd be just about wealthy in their countries. Exporting our jobs to people in other countries because those people are willing to work for nothing and then justifying the loss of jobs by pointing out how cheap we can buy stuff is a shortsighted view of things. Basically, you are condoning the imposition of a lower standard of living for people in the 3rd world and you are approving the elimination of the middle class in this country, creating not just a nation of lords and peasants but in fact a world of lords and peasants.
The funny thing is that you've been duped by conservatism into thinking that you're defending your own interests. You're not, you're defending the interests of the elite class. You're basically cutting your own throat, but you refuse to see that because you've allowed yourself to be fooled into believing that you are "middle class".
Homeless

Big Warlock
12-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Big Rob,
Sorry for butting in here, but can you answer my questions about how we deal with the legal implications? Specifically, do we export our justice system to a foreign country, or do we pay to have these folks shuttled back and forth to the US for their many appearnaces?
Homeless
Sorry Homeless.....I should have gotten back on but had to work yesterday for a bit and then too many chores to do around the house.
I answer your question with this. What do you think we are doing in Cuba?? :D

Kachina26
12-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Sorry Homeless.....I should have gotten back on but had to work yesterday for a bit and then too many chores to do around the house.
I answer your question with this. What do you think we are doing in Cuba?? :D
I'm pretty sure American soldiers are holding those prisoners on an American military installation. Do you mean to say they have Cuban guards at Club Gitmo?

ULTRA26 # 1
12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I think it would be great if people used their brain before they clicked the "submit reply"
It is no way good thing for anyone in the US to boast or brag about how the huge amounts fuel they burn. It's not something to be proud of. It's also just as lame for anyone from this Country to say that the import of products from China is good for the US economy. Please people, start using your brains.

uLtRADeNniS
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
So sorry the door of your truck was harmed...maybe if you weren't advocating the re-election of a man who has been behind the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent bystanders...maybe if your bumper sticker wasn't supporting an administraton that has done more to erode civil rights and attack the Constitution than all the terrorists in the world combined...you see where I am going with this, right? So sorry about your truck.
So your saying that just because my political views are different then one others.. that they have the right to cause $400 of damage to my brand new truck? Funny at this time I was about 18 years old working full-time at IMCO marine so I can afford a brand new Silverado truck and pay for school(I was also a full-time student.) <---Pretty responsible driven young kid that did not expect hand outs from anyone and wanted to work so I can enjoy life.
While these other low life kids, that our on the same side of your table. Are the ones dressing like drag queens and hanging out in parking lots vandalizing personal property.. Oh wait but I have no morals. :rolleyes:
Anyone with more than a 3rd grade education will concede that oil is at least a PARTIAL reason why we are so involved in the middle east. Anyone who is looking at things objectively will admit that oil is the reason we even care what goes on over there. Anyone who is being honest will admit that. Oil is one reason why we fight these stupid wars. Our involvement in the affairs of middle eastern countries is one of the most frequently cited reasons why "terrorists" attack America. So, simply put, your over consumption of oil with your V12 motors and your boats and quads and the like are the reason why I have to pay taxes to kill poor people. Your motorsports hobbies consume oil, creates a tight energy market, causes war and kills people. That makes it my business.
Question?.... Do you use oil? Do we need it? Yes!!!!! So stop crying.
Another question.... Since we have sent our troops to Iraq, have we had any terrorist attack on our soil?
One more...Why come and try to gain the respect of people on ***boat when you are against using excessive amounts of fuel? Go to rowboat.com
So your saying that you pay taxes to kill people from other countries for oil? But then you say we should give our tax dollars to illegal immigrants to come into our country and take our US dollars back to Mexico with them while they come here and kill our citizens and make up a big percentage of the crime rate? Ummm but last time I checked, we are helping citizens of Iraq...If we brought our troops home thousands of civilians would be killed. Oh but as long as we are not taking tax dollars from Mexico right?
Less fortunate countries should be able to enjoy porsperity. Prosperity ISN'T being paid slave wages to make things for the US consumer. If the people making Nike shoes were paid a decent wage based on what a pair of Nike's USED to sell for, they'd be just about wealthy in their countries. Exporting our jobs to people in other countries because those people are willing to work for nothing and then justifying the loss of jobs by pointing out how cheap we can buy stuff is a shortsighted view of things. Basically, you are condoning the imposition of a lower standard of living for people in the 3rd world and you are approving the elimination of the middle class in this country, creating not just a nation of lords and peasants but in fact a world of lords and peasants.
The funny thing is that you've been duped by conservatism into thinking that you're defending your own interests. You're not, you're defending the interests of the elite class. You're basically cutting your own throat, but you refuse to see that because you've allowed yourself to be fooled into believing that you are "middle class".
Homeless
Those people are not being paid "slave wages". They are paid enough money to live and support their families. Sorry homeless but their standard of living lower standards are not our fault. Those countries should be lucky that they even have any jobs provided by US business owners. Oh but thats right, you liberals always want to take more. Your so about equality!:rolleyes:
We CAN NOT have equality. You need both sides to make society work. We need store clerks, investors, gardeners, car detailer, maids, doctors, lawyers and etc. Not ever profession is paid the same and shouldn't be. Its all apart of our world working together. Everyone is born in the USA with free will and the choice to succeed in life. You choose if you wanna be rich or poor, Nobody else does it for you and nobody is responsible for what you amount to but yourself. It all boils down to self motivation and desire. What you want you can always have. If you choose to become a stock broker or dish washer at Dennys its again your choice! People need to stop living their lives based off the circumstances they were born with and start making the circumstances they desire to have in life.
As far as this middle class BS that you spew... I do NOT consider myself middle class. I would never classify myself as anything...
Here is my definition:
My name is Dennis. I have dreams goals and desires in life. I will work as hard and as diligent as I have to in order to reach them. There is nothing or nobody that will ever stand in my way. I don't think that anyone on this planet owes me a dime unless I've worked for it. I was born without the circimstances I need to enjoy my life the way I would want to. So I am dedicated to myself and the others in my life that will greatly benefit from me, to keep working towards my dreams until they become my reality.

Big Warlock
12-17-2007, 05:27 AM
I think it would be great if people used their brain before they clicked the "submit reply"
It is no way good thing for anyone in the US to boast or brag about how the huge amounts fuel they burn. It's not something to be proud of. It's also just as lame for anyone from this Country to say that the import of products from China is good for the US economy. Please people, start using your brains.
I agree with you to some extent. But your tow vehicle? Made in Mexico or Canada?

ULTRA26 # 1
12-17-2007, 07:55 AM
I agree with you to some extent. But your tow vehicle? Made in Mexico or Canada?
Canada.

Big Warlock
12-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Canada.
Not your fault, but makes my point. American auto builders outsource to Mexico and Canada. Toyota, BMW, and others build here in the USA. Crazy huh?
Chinese products have made a huge dent in the economy. And while I would love to see jobs return to America, many people are off doing other things. We all want our kids to go to college and become doctors, lawyers, accountants, businessmen. No one wants your kid to grow up and work in a garment factory, ditch digging, lawn services, farm worker, fast food worker, shoe maker, etc. etc. We, as americans, don't see the glamour in that. Regardless that many of our grandparents did exactly those jobs to get us to where we are today!!
Look at unemployment. At record lows for the past decade!! Most jobs require some education.
2 generations past, many people couldn't read or write. One of my grandfather's immigrated here (his father was a farm worker from Portugal) in 1917 when he was 4 years old. My father was the first to ever go to college!!
My point is that outsourcing has become the norm. Not only in terms of cost, but in terms of labor in general. We keep having this debate, but many seem to overlook the FACT that we have a labor shortage.
I agree with all of you that are frustrated and angry at the system that allows illegal immigrants so many free benefits. They should be shut off. I agree the border needs to be secured. No doubt!! I also agree that english should be made the official, national language and must be used for all business transactions.
I also see the need to make it easier for enterprise to get labor into this country. The process is impossible at the moment. A worker's program needs to be put into place. And my guess is that is what will happen when they speak of "immigration reform." And you guys are going to scream!!! I know!
In the meantime, some industries are dead here in the US. Why? Costs!! How can we lower costs? Give them tax breaks and incentives to work inthe US. Employ people here who will then pay taxes, buy homes, etc etc. Good jobs! Like the oil business. Still cheaper to go to some god forsaken country in the world and roduce oil and ship it back than to deal with the issues and obstacles in the US. That's a fact!! Shipping is another industry. To avoid taxes, all these companies are set up in a tax free country and have crews from far away places to avoid TAXES!!! Remove the tax burden and the shipping returns to the US. Financial industry! Why do you think everyone keeps their money in Switzerland and in several places in the Carribean? Tax free environments!!! They become financial powerhouses!!
I am sure we could think of many, many industries with great paying jobs to lure to the US. Problem is we won't!!!