PDA

View Full Version : Emission Laws on Classic cars???

NOTALENT
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Are there any?? I thought it was currently 1975 and previous did not have to pass any sort of emission laws??? I have been looking for a car and I notice a few say not emission compliant...or will not pass....is there a reason or something im not aware of?

BadKachina
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Are there any?? I thought it was currently 1975 and previous did not have to pass any sort of emission laws??? I have been looking for a car and I notice a few say not emission compliant...or will not pass....is there a reason or something im not aware of?
What state? Az. is pre '67. Total bs if you ask me.:rolleyes:

NOTALENT
12-12-2007, 07:36 PM
What state? Az. is pre '67. Total bs if you ask me.:rolleyes:
Cali and AZ. I found 2 nice Chevelles I like In AZ, but would register them in cali. 1967 is totally shitty.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-12-2007, 07:51 PM
It used to be 20 years old was exempt and roll back another year annually,
now it doesn't.
BTW:
A bill was traveling through the Calif legislature to require some emission controls on all cars,, but Jay Leno led the lobbying to get that killed.
It'll be back.

NOTALENT
12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
It used to be 20 years old was exempt and roll back another year annually,
now it doesn't.
BTW:
A bill was traveling through the Calif legislature to require some emission controls on all cars,, but Jay Leno led the lobbying to get that killed.
It'll be back.
I thought it was like 30years or something for cali...I also know a few states have a clause to where if you spend up to $500 to try and fix the problem they will pass it...or something similar to that....

Boatcop
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
In AZ, emmisions testing is only required in the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas. None required for the rest of the State, although it's being considered for Prescott.
No problem whatsoever with my '69 VW.

Riverkid
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I believe it's 1975 and older.
:)

BadKachina
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
In AZ, emmisions testing is only required in the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas. None required for the rest of the State, although it's being considered for Prescott.
No problem whatsoever with my '69 VW.
They really should move the cutoff date up. My mechanic has a 69 ss Chevelle that he plays hell to get through every year. My 76 Toyota Landcruiser just wont pass anymore, I don't know what to do about it except trailer it out to 4x4 it. The state has to realize that people aren't driving these cars as daily drivers anymore.
How about lending me your address so I can get some of these cars registered.:idea: :D

NOTALENT
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
:)
Cool, thats good to hear....cause this bitch aint gonna pass :D

blown65
12-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I think Oregon is 25 yrs. (used to be at least)

Ziggy
12-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Cool, thats good to hear....cause this bitch aint gonna pass :D
75 and older I believe is correct but upon a transfer of ownership it still has to be compliant with the applicable emmissions laws for the model year of the vehicle. That may be why the ads reflect saying "will not pass or not compliant".
So basically if a car had emmission equipment on it it still needs to have it to transfer title in Calif. You are much better of tagging it in Az if possible or finding a true classic that had no smog crap.