Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozz ie Canseco, Roger
Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon,
Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Fr anklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces,
Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Jua n Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar
Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, jackkindregan (9:54:45 AM) :
Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gon zalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston,
Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt
Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Ma rk McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado,
Damian Moss,Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior,
Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan
Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott SChoenweiis,
David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian
Tavarez,Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez,
Matt Williams and Kerry Wood

MBlaster
12-13-2007, 09:11 AM
The only ones they missed were all the other professional athletes in the world.:rolleyes:

77Woodbridge
12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
The only ones they missed were all the other professional athletes in the world.:rolleyes:
Absolutely!

eliminatedsprinter
12-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Why is our government investigating cheating in sports??
Are they going to continue to spend our tax dollars to investigate if professional wrestling is real or not???:rolleyes:

Magic34
12-13-2007, 09:50 AM
I just texted my buddy and congratulated him for not being on the list. :D

MKEELINE
12-13-2007, 10:01 AM
No sh*t, what a waste of time and money.

ChumpChange
12-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Are they going to continue to spend our tax dollars to investigate if professional wrestling is real or not???:rolleyes:
It's just Baseball because of antitrust laws in place for the MLB or something like that.

Cigalert
12-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Me too. He gained his starting position 2 years ago all thanks to his good ol friend roids.

RitcheyRch
12-13-2007, 10:15 AM
You mean, its not real???? :D :confused: :D :confused:

dd24skater
12-13-2007, 10:17 AM
What a waste of 20 million

Trailer Park Casanova
12-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Baseball has the only congressional (monopoly) exempt clause, so congress feels entitled.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-13-2007, 10:27 AM
ESPN deuce is reporting the Mitchell report isn't released yet.
Not untill 11:00 am PST.

Dave C
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Don't you think it would be easier to list those that did NOT do steroids...... it would just take less time to list these ;) ;)

Trailer Park Casanova
12-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Early leaks:
Player / Position / Team / How implicated
Rick Ankiel Outfielder Cardinals Signature Pharmacy
David Bell Third baseman free agent Applied Pharmacy
Marvin Benard Outfielder inactive BALCO
Barry Bonds Outfielder free agent BALCO
Paul Byrd Pitcher Indians wellness clinic
Jose Canseco Outfielder retired Applied Pharmacy
Bobby Estalella Outfielder retired BALCO
Jason Giambi Designated hitter Yankees BALCO
Jay Gibbons Outfielder Orioles Signature Pharmacy
Troy Glaus Third baseman Blue Jays Signature Pharmacy
Jason Grimsley Pitcher retired BALCO-related
Jose Guillen Outfielder Royals wellness clinic
Jerry Hairston Jr. Infielder Rangers Applied Pharmacy
Darren Holmes Pitcher retired wellness clinic
Gary Matthews Jr. Outfielder Angels Applied Pharmacy
Armando Rios Outfielder free agent BALCO
John Rocker Pitcher retired Applied Pharmacy
Benito Santiago Catcher retired BALCO
Scott Schoeneweis Pitcher Mets Signature Pharmacy
David Segui First baseman retired BALCO-related
Gary Sheffield Designated hitter Tigers BALCO
Ismael Valdez Pitcher retired wellness clinic
Randy Velarde Second baseman retired BALCO
Matt Williams Third baseman retired wellness clinic
"Baseball is a game of numbers and these guys found a way to cheat those numbers" - Ron Darling

Magic34
12-13-2007, 11:47 AM
My buddy is on it. :eek: He just texted me back and told me I was looking at the wrong list.

Magic34
12-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Just read the section on my friend. There was only 1 transaction ever done which was after an injury.
The report also states that it was the only transaction.

Boatcop
12-13-2007, 12:26 PM
My wife's brother isn't on the list. But he retired in about 1987.

Magic34
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I cant believe these guys paid with checks. They (the checks) are all printed in the report.

Old Texan
12-13-2007, 02:34 PM
The previous lists weren't accurate. This is the correct one.
Manny Alexander
Chad Allen
Rick Ankiel
David Bell
Mark Bell
Gary Bennett
Marvin Bernard
Larry Bigbie
Barry Bonds
Ricky Bones
Kevin Brown
Paul Byrd
Alex Cabrera
Jose Canseco
Ken Caminiti
Mike Carreon
Jason Christiansen
Howie Clark
Roger Clemens
Paxton Crawford
Jack Cust
Chris Donnells
Brendan Donnely
Lenny Dykstra
Bobby Estalella
Matt Franco
Ryan Franklin
Eric Gagne
Jay Gibbons
Jason Giambi
Jeremy Giambi
Troy Glaus
Juan Gonzalez
Jason Grimsley
Jose Guillen
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Matt Herges
Phil Hiatt
Glenallen Hill
Darren Holmes
Todd Hundley
Mike Judd
David Justice
Chuck Knoblauch
Tim Laker
Mike Lansing
Paul Lo Duca
Nook Logan
Josias Manzanillo
Gary Matthews Jr.
Mark McGwire
Cody McKay
Kent Merker
Bart Miadich
Hal Morris
Daniel Naulty
Denny Neagle
Rafael Palmeiro
Jim Parque
Andy Pettitte
Adam Piatt
Todd Pratt
Armando Rios
Stephen Randolph
Adam Riggs
Brian Roberts
John Rocker
F.P. Santangelo
Benito Santiago
Gary Sheffield
Scott Schoeneweis
David Segui
Mike Stanton
Ricky Stone
Miguel Tejada
Derrick Turnbow
Ismael Valdez
Randy Velarde
Mo Vaughn
Ron Villone
Fernando Vina
Rondell White
Jeff Williams
Matt Williams
Todd Williams
Steve Woodward
Kevin Young
Gregg Zaun

Some Kind Of Monster
12-13-2007, 02:43 PM
There are a lot of "heroes" on that list.

mbrown2
12-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Put me firmly in the "who give a fock" camp.
Ditto.....now maybe others will put to rest the * (asterick) talk in regards to Barry's record.......was not like he was the only one......
He was imperfect player playing against imperfect players.....if you call into question his record, you might want to call into question the stats and records of any player on that list...

LaveyJet
12-13-2007, 03:22 PM
I cant believe these guys paid with checks. They (the checks) are all printed in the report.
What makes you think the checks are for drugs? Could be for something else. You have the word of a couple of scum bags trying to make deals to stay out of prison.
Think about it, if you were a big name player on juice, would you leave a paper trail?

ratso
12-13-2007, 03:27 PM
As I said before... any professional athlete should be able to use any performance enhancing drugs that they want to...

Old Texan
12-13-2007, 03:52 PM
That list above is inaccurate. Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa are both noticeably absent from the list.
Mac's name is on it.

BoatFloating
12-13-2007, 04:09 PM
What makes you think the checks are for drugs? Could be for something else. You have the word of a couple of scum bags trying to make deals to stay out of prison.
Think about it, if you were a big name player on juice, would you leave a paper trail?
So explain what the checks were for. Xmas gifts, pimping services????
That list above is inaccurate. Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa are both noticeably absent from the list.
Sosa hasn't been named in this investigation as there is no evidence that he purchased from this guy. That doesn't mean he hasn't done them.

Magic34
12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Back in 2000-2002 this steroid thing wasn't a big deal like today. You think they were smart enough to think about what could come of it in the future.

Havasu1986
12-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Here's is the complete list, along with how the player's name appears in the report. Could you kindly point me to either McGwire or Sosa?
Wheres here...:confused: All I see is a dusty Rhino :D
Edit: Now it shows up.

LaveyJet
12-13-2007, 05:04 PM
So explain what the checks were for. Xmas gifts, pimping services????
Exactly! Let’s hear the other side of the story before you condemn a player. Most of the allegations come from two sources that could be considered “suspect”. I'd like to hear the whole story before making judgement.

AZJD
12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Put me firmly in the "who give a fock" camp.
Ditto!

FOXMAN
12-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Why do you think Hank Aaron wasnt at the game when ole roid"d up Barry broke his record. Its because he knew how he did it. This is a big black eye to baseball that will not go away for a long time. And i DO think that barry's record should not be acknowleged.

acatitude
12-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Why do you think Hank Aaron wasnt at the game when ole roid"d up Barry broke his record. Its because he knew how he did it. This is a big black eye to baseball that will not go away for a long time. And i DO think that barry's record should not be acknowleged.
Not that I'm a big Barry Bonds fan, but If pitchers were using it then it levels out the playing field again

moneypit
12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Got ya beat. I have two buddies on that list.:D

FOXMAN
12-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Not that I'm a big Barry Bonds fan, but If pitchers were using it then it levels out the playing field again
It isnt the same, Hank was on HOT DOGS and BEER!! And maybe a stray piece of tail here and there..Its just not right:(

acatitude
12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
It isnt the same, Hank was on HOT DOGS and BEER!! And maybe a stray piece of tail here and there..Its just not right:(
Well maybe hot dogs and stray pussy makes ya strong... always made me feel that way:D .

FOXMAN
12-13-2007, 07:47 PM
And no it didnt level the playing field.. Simply because not all players were on the stuff.

acatitude
12-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Well everyone wants an asterick next to his hr record. If the pitchers were using when pitching to him then that makes it even... Like I said I'm not a big Bonds fan but for him to get singled out sucks. Just because he is the best modern day player, with the roids or without

The Doctor
12-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I didn't see Henry Aaron on the list????

soulboater#1
12-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I am upset about the list of "heroes" on that list. This is a black eye to baseball-yet a wake up call to baseball/ We all new who juiced-The Bash Bros.,Slammin Sammy and my big surprise-Mo Vaughn. We still bought tickets when they came to town-and we will continue to buy tickets when they come to town. This was a reality check to those who did not believe the players juiced-it was quite a surprise to see all the pitchers who juiced to keep up with hitters. We have been given a wake up call- the MLB as well as other pro sports need to find better testing and stop turnining that head the other way -- I DO NOT CONDONE SNITCHIN--SNITCHES END UP IN STICHES!!
The trainers and people who spoke up about someone else sux.My question to the masses is--will you still attend a pro baseball game? Also, will you still support your favorite player if his name was on the list??

Magic34
12-13-2007, 08:46 PM
My buddy had Tommy John surgery and took 1 supply just after to gain strength quickly. If it wasn't against the rules of baseball, I dont see an issue.
Why beat a dead horse on this? It is now against the rules of MLB and go after those who break the rules. What the hell does the past matter? Can they change anything? I dont get it???

FOXMAN
12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Also, will you still support your favorite player if his name was on the list??
NO, I wont abandon my favorite player. But i lost a lot of respect for him and the game in general for the blind eye they had to steroids.

The Doctor
12-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Did you see the list that showed speed users? Because there's been more than a handful of old players that have said Aaron used greenies like they were M&Ms.
Somehow I missed the posted list of Speed users? Could you direct me to where such a factual list exists? We all know what speculation could do in such a situation as this.

boatnam2
12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Man it is funny to see people that are actually suprized,i guess they just all thought tha around 8 or so years ago most baseball players were huge looked liek football players from eating good,some from hitting no home runs to 40 plus.Canseco must be laughing his ass off after telling on everyone and the players saying he was just a washed up jealoues ex player biy he got the last laugh.

scooooter7
12-13-2007, 10:15 PM
The biggest surprise player to me on the list was Wally Joyner. Remember Wally's world?
And why do you think Barry Bonds took the year off when he did? My guess was to "clean up his act". You don't recover from injury as easily without steroids.
And look at football this year. Seems like a lot more injuries and players missing a lot of games this year because of them. Are they cleaning up their act too?

moneypit
12-13-2007, 10:38 PM
My buddy had Tommy John surgery and took 1 supply just after to gain strength quickly. If it wasn't against the rules of baseball, I dont see an issue.
I know your buddy.

Magic34
12-14-2007, 12:22 AM
I know your buddy.
Cool. He is a damn good guy and his record isn't getting him in the hall of fame, but to be put in a category as one who tried to beat the system is BS.
Some good people were in on this because of advice that some trainers who were hired to keep the athletes in the best shape for the game told them that their injury would heal faster.
Tommy John surgery is a career ending surgery, look at Todd Stottlemyre from the Dbacks. He had it and never came back to finish a full season. Many injuries are career ending, so do a round of steroids to keep you in the game and make those 7 digit incomes, hell yeah, put that shot in my ass.
Dont edit my quote either for that last sentence you sick fockers. :D

Old Texan
12-14-2007, 06:11 AM
Here's is the complete list, along with how the player's name appears in the report. Could you kindly point me to either McGwire or Sosa?
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153646
Apparently lots of lists out there. The List I posted was from a NYC website and called the List the 88 players named by the Mitchell report. This is the first I've seen of your espn site list.
Just furthers this damned witchhunt into more BS form. I really fail to see what they are trying to accomplish other than cover up the fact that MLB and a bunch of other orgs don't have a clue how to police or end drug usage. Pointing fingers at a bunch of big leaguers isn't telling anything that isn't already known or doing anything to solve the problem.

Cigalert
12-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Cool. He is a damn good guy and his record isn't getting him in the hall of fame, but to be put in a category as one who tried to beat the system is BS.
Some good people were in on this because of advice that some trainers who were hired to keep the athletes in the best shape for the game told them that their injury would heal faster.
Tommy John surgery is a career ending surgery, look at Todd Stottlemyre from the Dbacks. He had it and never came back to finish a full season. Many injuries are career ending, so do a round of steroids to keep you in the game and make those 7 digit incomes, hell yeah, put that shot in my ass.
I've had Tommy John surgery and blew out my shoulder the next season. It's a brutal surgery and took almost 2 years to completely heal naturally. 2 of my long time buddy's had Tommy John and then shoulder blowout a year later. One took roids in the off season post surgery and the other didn't. The guy who took roids kept on playing and is now a pitching instructor. Instructing is his career now and he's said that if he didn't take roids he probably wouldn't be able to throw a party much less a baseball.
All the people who are surprised by this list would all drop a log if they knew the extremely young age steroids have been used by atheletes. I got my first offer my freshman year in High School. I can name quite a few pro football and baseball players (still current) that used before turning 16. Not from second hand information either. I watched a few of them shoot themselves. Growing up in SoCal competition is tougher than other portions of the country (Florida is another). Some parents know and provide the juice for junior with full knowledge of the physical reprocutions but don't care strictly for bragging rights...."yeah, that's my boy...full ride to USC". Sadly, there are high school records, college records and pro records that should not exist if a lifetime of steroid use was recorded.
I only hope that for the parents of kids that have been blessed with the raw talent to compete at any level that the parents have more of a concern for their children's well being rather than their kids future paycheck. If you want to keep the integrity of all sports then speak up and keep a close eye on your kids when they are competing at a higher level. Afterall, they are the future of sports.
God can give you talent but steriods can help you endure and conquer competition for longer than god intended.

moneypit
12-14-2007, 07:31 AM
I grew up with him and played at the same high school. Its sad that his name was even placed on the list. I took steroids for 3 months in college. I played QB and I was 175 lbs. . I would have been killed at that weight. After taking the cycle, I was 190 and was benching 325. It certainly paid off and kept me from getting hurt. Also steroids weren't a "banned" substance.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Apparently lots of lists out there. The List I posted was from a NYC website and called the List the 88 players named by the Mitchell report. This is the first I've seen of your espn site list.
Just furthers this damned witchhunt into more BS form. I really fail to see what they are trying to accomplish other than cover up the fact that MLB and a bunch of other orgs don't have a clue how to police or end drug usage. Pointing fingers at a bunch of big leaguers isn't telling anything that isn't already known or doing anything to solve the problem.
I agree.
Starting back 15 years ago, Vincent and then Selig sat on their hands and failed to get serious with this issue compaired to other sports.
Or at least it seems that way, now adding to the drama.
Lo Duca (asa La Duca) was a career AAA ballplayer destined to die in the minors, then suddenly is 25% bigger his numbers rise and makes the majors.
I guess now we know how he did it.

shippingguy
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
NO, I wont abandon my favorite player. But i lost a lot of respect for him and the game in general for the blind eye they had to steroids.
Well let's just say if they came out with a list from all the other pro sports out there then you are going to lose respect for all pro sports and some of the other athletes. Steroids and HGH are running rampid with athletes in any competitive sport not just baseball. One sport you would be amazed at using is Motorcross/FMX riders to name a couple. Don't count golf out either:) :rolleyes:
We are adults and need to take repsonsibility for what we do, but baseball is one to blame as well. They never had a program implemented to test so in these players eyes using a performance enhancing product was no big deal. I played in the Kansas CIty organization for 3 years and know a few on this list let alone had lockers next to them. I played with one in particular in college and with KC. The only thing we were tested for was pot and other illegal substances. Steroid test are completely different and were not administered.

shippingguy
12-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Paul LoDuca was a career .320 minor league hitter that never hit more than 8 HRs in a minor league season. To say that he made it to the bigs on the back of steroids is misleading.
I would have to agree with you. If you are a catcher and can hit and have somebody in the organization pushing to keep you around then your chances to make it to the bigs are good.

YeLLowBoaT
12-14-2007, 11:13 AM
base ball is all roided up... now that we have that covered... does it really matter?
lets face it in pro sports almost every one is doing something that is against the rules or in a "gray aera" hell its that way in most NCAA and even in HS sports.

Old Texan
12-14-2007, 11:32 AM
I've had Tommy John surgery and blew out my shoulder the next season. It's a brutal surgery and took almost 2 years to completely heal naturally. 2 of my long time buddy's had Tommy John and then shoulder blowout a year later. One took roids in the off season post surgery and the other didn't. The guy who took roids kept on playing and is now a pitching instructor. Instructing is his career now and he's said that if he didn't take roids he probably wouldn't be able to throw a party much less a baseball.
All the people who are surprised by this list would all drop a log if they knew the extremely young age steroids have been used by atheletes. I got my first offer my freshman year in High School. I can name quite a few pro football and baseball players (still current) that used before turning 16. Not from second hand information either. I watched a few of them shoot themselves. Growing up in SoCal competition is tougher than other portions of the country (Florida is another). Some parents know and provide the juice for junior with full knowledge of the physical reprocutions but don't care strictly for bragging rights...."yeah, that's my boy...full ride to USC". Sadly, there are high school records, college records and pro records that should not exist if a lifetime of steroid use was recorded.
I only hope that for the parents of kids that have been blessed with the raw talent to compete at any level that the parents have more of a concern for their children's well being rather than their kids future paycheck. If you want to keep the integrity of all sports then speak up and keep a close eye on your kids when they are competing at a higher level. Afterall, they are the future of sports.
God can give you talent but steriods can help you endure and conquer competition for longer than god intended.
My college days were the early 70's and steroids were around then. This was the time when people were just beginning to realize what weight training was all about and the myths that you became clumsy and musclebound were just wrong. With the move to more weight training the contact between athletes and the original steroid junkies, the gym rats and bodybuilders became established. We had freshman lineman getting "Vitamin" shots from the trainers and instantly putting on 30-40 lbs of muscle over the winter months.
Today there is such emphasis on keeping up and being on top it's only natural for striving hard working athletes to feel they need to technically train with the same enhancements of the competition. Money, scholarships, prestige, ego, they all drive the need to get bigger, faster and better especially if you know the other guy/gal is doing it. And to keep up you got to do what the rest are doing and it's steroids and other enhancement drugs. Too many would sell their souls to succeed and have no forethought to the problems they will face physically and beyond in the future.
The only solution is to start testing in Jr. High and all through the rest of athletes normal progression HS, College, AAU, Pros, etc. Society and sports organizations don't want to deal with this reality and we are now at the point where it's part of the deal in vitually every sport and activity.
What angers me about the Mitchell report is it doesn't address the real problem. It just points a finger at a small group that did what the majority of their sport were doing somewhere along the line. And now that the Genie is out of the bottle, these guys will have to pay the price without actually facing any specific charges. The focus rests on the whole damn system of athletics and society itself. Don't frag the 88, frag the system. These guys, right or wrong intheir actions are paying the price for all before them and the management cowards that won't own up to responsibility. Bud Selig, the owners, and the players union should be punished long before the players.
They need to drop the debate about asterisks on records and what if's and focus back on the issue, stopping the epidemic.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-14-2007, 11:44 AM
I would have to agree with you. If you are a catcher and can hit and have somebody in the organization pushing to keep you around then your chances to make it to the bigs are good.
Good points, I'll have to agree.

Waist Deep
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I ordered one of these
" Barry Takes it in the A** Shirts.