PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Cash

SnoC653
12-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't suppose you'd PM me what the dealer incentives are in Iowa for selling a 3500 diesel 4X4 4door? I spoke with a GM at one of the local dealerships and proposed this deal to him: My 02 Ford trade in at Black Book (wholesale) it has 4" aluminum exhaust, Lund painted visor, Chrome wheel lips, Air intake, and tuner which I'll leave for them. I buy the 08 dually 4 door 3500 duramax with Allison at invoice minus rebates and dealer incentives. He is supposed to call me back on monday when I'm back in town and let me know if he'll do it. They'll make money on the back end and get a great review when the survey comes. And the dealership makes the holdback. Truck just got there, so no intrest paid on it yet.
Of course if he won't do it, I'll wind up driving another F350. I know the dealership I bought the last one from will make the same deal.
Thanks in advance!

brianthomas
12-17-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't suppose you'd PM me what the dealer incentives are in Iowa for selling a 3500 diesel 4X4 4door? I spoke with a GM at one of the local dealerships and proposed this deal to him: My 02 Ford trade in at Black Book (wholesale) it has 4" aluminum exhaust, Lund painted visor, Chrome wheel lips, Air intake, and tuner which I'll leave for them. I buy the 08 dually 4 door 3500 duramax with Allison at invoice minus rebates and dealer incentives. He is supposed to call me back on monday when I'm back in town and let me know if he'll do it. They'll make money on the back end and get a great review when the survey comes. And the dealership makes the holdback. Truck just got there, so no intrest paid on it yet.
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/chevrolet/silverado3500hd/100938769/incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=52748&state=IA
Of course if he won't do it, I'll wind up driving another F350. I know the dealership I bought the last one from will make the same deal.
Thanks in advance!
They still have their 3% holdback after the deal you mentioned. Just be sure you are paying invoice and not invoice plus advertising. Most invoices in your area are padded with $500-$1000 of add on advertising that goes into a fund. I am also in eastern iowa and am looking to trade. I have found nothing on dealer cash but he "Red Tag Sales Event" is just starting and there is dealer cash on select units. You have to ask the dealer which of his inventory is qualified. The dealer predetermines the exact units prior to the beginning of the sale.
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/chevrolet/silverado3500hd/100938769/incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=52748&state=IA
Looks like you have a $3,500 rebate with the LMM engine.

PHOTOGLOU
12-18-2007, 11:31 AM
They still have their 3% holdback after the deal you mentioned. Just be sure you are paying invoice and not invoice plus advertising. Most invoices in your area are padded with $500-$1000 of add on advertising that goes into a fund. I am also in eastern iowa and am looking to trade. I have found nothing on dealer cash but he "Red Tag Sales Event" is just starting and there is dealer cash on select units. You have to ask the dealer which of his inventory is qualified. The dealer predetermines the exact units prior to the beginning of the sale.
Looks like you have a $3,500 rebate with the LMM engine.
$2500 of the $3500 rebate is red tag money. If you send me the vin I'll send you the invoice.