PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Walker Black label

Arkansas
12-14-2007, 09:38 AM
So I'm watching some kick but free WEC fights Wed night and I keep seeing this ad for JWB. A blended whiskey like the Crown Royal that I enjoy so much.
Is this or another a good alternative to my CR?

RiverToysJas
12-14-2007, 09:42 AM
I don't know, I only drink Johnny Walker Blue. http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/champagne.gif
RTJas :D

vdrivenman
12-14-2007, 10:05 AM
if i am right JWB is blended scotch not bourbon whiskey.
not sure about crown royal copy since i drink sour mash jack daniels black!

WestTNRiverRat
12-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I've got a friend that drinks it. It's not bad for a blended whiskey.

Gayleen
12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
I have been seeing the ads and bought a sample bottle from the liquor store. Hubby has not tried it yet.

Jordy
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't know, I only drink Johnny Walker Blue. http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/champagne.gif
Baller. :D
I have got a bottle of blue and a bottle of green in my bar. very good with a couple ice cubes in a rocks glass. ;)

snake321
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
So I'm watching some kick but free WEC fights Wed night and I keep seeing this ad for JWB. A blended whiskey like the Crown Royal that I enjoy so much.
Is this or another a good alternative to my CR?
Just cause that's a good commercial doesn't mean you'll like scotch,good or bad.
I drink Crown and to me scotch tastes like a bourbon that has had it's cap off and has dust in it...

gramps
12-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't do Scotch but I've been told that if you can find Johnny Walker Swing it's supposed to be pretty damm good, some claim better than Blue, Gold, Black & Red.

LESSON LEARNED
12-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Anything Black Labeled is good in my book....
At worst you will still get drunk....

Arkansas
12-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks guys. My bad. I have tried several high end Scotchs and they are not for me. Sticking with the CR.

Mrs. Bear Down
12-14-2007, 10:34 AM
I have heard rumers that there is a secret stash of Johnny Walker that has some wacky tabacy in it!!! :eek:

redneckcharlie
12-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Pendletons, its a blended whiskey from Canada. If you like Crown, or Crown Reserve, you'll really like this. :)

sleekcraft80
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
You ought to try Woodford Reserve. It is the smoothest whiskey I have ever drank. It is also 90 proof

SinisterGrin
12-14-2007, 11:05 AM
JW Red label rock gut whiskey when you just want to get foqued up
Jack Green label is tasty
Gentlmans Jack
Makers Mark
Jameson
:D

SinisterGrin
12-14-2007, 11:07 AM
You ought to try Woodford Reserve. It is the smoothest whiskey I have ever drank. It is also 90 proof
Same here! That stuff was killer, my buddy had a bottle that he paid a ridiculous amout of money for

sleekcraft80
12-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Same here! That stuff was killer, my buddy had a bottle that he paid a ridiculous amout of money for
$36 at safeway in lake havasu. $24 at a smoke shop in the yucaipa area in ca

SinisterGrin
12-14-2007, 11:30 AM
$36 at safeway in lake havasu. $24 at a smoke shop in the yucaipa area in ca
Well then I guess its safe to say he is full of schiat, i'm calling him on it next time. Anybody here ever try and make there own????? I brew my own beer but never met anyone that distills they're own liquor.

rodnjen
12-14-2007, 01:22 PM
I'd like to try Woodford as well. I did just buy a bottle of Knob Creek and I really like that. Right now it is between Makres Mark and Knob. Makers is sweeter.

bocco
12-14-2007, 01:39 PM
You guys are confusing bourbon and scotch.
Johnny Walker is scotch.
Red is pretty good. I drink it most of the time.
Black is very good but has a strong oak taste. At twice the price it cuts into my boating budget.
Green, gold and Blue are way expensive and just not that much better in my opinion.
Chevas Regal is a lighter tasting very good scotch. Priced about the same as Black label.
Trust me, I drink a lot of scotch.

vdrivenman
12-14-2007, 02:25 PM
i have a bottle of single malt blonde scotch stuck back in the cabinet for anyone who visits that drinks it.
i prefer sour mash whiskeys over the blendeds and makers mark is good.
for everday purposes jack daniels black is fine.
some of the guys drink kesslers and say it compares to crown.if drinking blended whiskey cc or seagrams 7 will do!

soupersonic
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Agreed !!!:D

soupersonic
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd like to try Woodford as well. I did just buy a bottle of Knob Creek and I really like that. Right now it is between Makres Mark and Knob. Makers is sweeter.
Makers Mark and Knob Creek are both good,but Woodford Reserve is way smoother than both of them.I like bourbon on the rocks but sometimes i have it with a splash of Verners on top.

DILLIGAF
12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Baller. :D
I have got a bottle of blue and a bottle of green in my bar. very good with a couple ice cubes in a rocks glass. ;)
I have the Red, Black, Gold, Green and Blue.
I prefer the gold the best. Yes, better than the blue

Jordy
12-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Baller. :D :D :D

snake321
12-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Well then I guess its safe to say he is full of schiat, i'm calling him on it next time. Anybody here ever try and make there own????? I brew my own beer but never met anyone that distills they're own liquor.
Made 2 batches of shine a few years ago out in the garage. Made it with apples and it was the best shine ever. Lasted till this past summer.

RiverToysJas
12-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I prefer the gold the best. Yes, better than the blue
They're all good.....but only drink them when I'm out of Bartles and Jaymes Premium. :D

DILLIGAF
12-14-2007, 03:34 PM
They're all good.....but only drink them when I'm out of Bartles and Jaymes Premium. :D
Now...that is a Baller. Only drink the Blue when his B&J is gone :)

ssmike
12-14-2007, 06:46 PM
You guys are confusing bourbon and scotch.
Johnny Walker is scotch.
Red is pretty good. I drink it most of the time.
Black is very good but has a strong oak taste. At twice the price it cuts into my boating budget.
Green, gold and Blue are way expensive and just not that much better in my opinion.
Chevas Regal is a lighter tasting very good scotch. Priced about the same as Black label.
Trust me, I drink a lot of scotch.
I agree, I drink Chivas on the rocks as my "everyday scotch." I prefer it to the JW stuff....