PDA

View Full Version : Stone setting Part #3 >><< All done

Not So Fast
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Well I finally finished my project and wont bore you guys any more with it but thought some of you might like to see it. For never having done much in this kind of thing I am very happy with the results, made a few mistakes but what the hell huh? Just hope it all stays put:rolleyes:
Next up, a custom malibox:D Have a good Holiday!!! NSFhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Ledgestone_016_0031.jpg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Ledgestone_016_004.jpg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Ledgestone_016_008.jpg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Ledgestone_016_009.jpg
OH yeah, I almost forgot, GO BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

OnlyMoney
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Looks great! It sure gives your place a nice, warm look. :)

YldBoyz
12-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Looks very nice, you can come over and do my entry. :)

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Looks nice.

OutCole'd
12-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Looks fantastic Bobby, I guess you're ready to start that retaining wall for me now that this is done.:D

caroftheweek
12-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Dang Bobby...
I see a second career in your future:D

TrojanDan
12-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Nice job! Looks great. :cool:

Jyruiz
12-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Looks real good Bobby, nice job.

Not So Fast
12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Gee, thanks guys! I'm pleased as punch with how it came out. I was hesitant to try it but I have become very disillusioned with the quality of some of the so called professionals in Havasu so I figured what the hell, I can't do any worse. I've learned to be quite a fix-it guy since retiring, out of necessity actually. Lots more to learn but I've got more time than money :D NSF

phebus
12-14-2007, 01:25 PM
That looks great Bobby, really adds a high dollar look. I would like to do that on my house, but the banding is really low and wouldn't allow for much stone height.

Not So Fast
12-14-2007, 01:34 PM
That looks great Bobby, really adds a high dollar look. I would like to do that on my house, but the banding is really low and wouldn't allow for much stone height.
Mine was pretty low on the garage Rick so I filled in or brought out the area below the weep screed so that I had a little more size. I figured with the amount of rain we get and being it was such a small area that it wouldnt make a bit of difference. You can always figure out somewhere to apply it, maybe just the entrance, I've seen that done quite a bit. Bobby

shueman
12-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Sweet... :cool: Nice work...

Dave C
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Looking good!!:D
Care to share how exactly that is done? :confused: and whats the name of the product used?
I've always liked that stone. We don't have much of that up here. I can count on one hand how many houses have it in this entire area.:(
thanks

DEMOMAN
12-14-2007, 03:14 PM
The stone work looks great. Go Bolts!!!

Not So Fast
12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Looking good!!:D
Care to share how exactly that is done? :confused: and whats the name of the product used?
I've always liked that stone. We don't have much of that up here. I can count on one hand how many houses have it in this entire area.:(
thanks
Sure, I'll tell:D The product is made by Owens Corning, it is called Cultured Stone and the one I used is ProFit Ledgestone. it is a tight fit, (no grout lines as you can see which makes it much easier to apply IMO) modular stone, pieces are all 4" wide and vary in lentgh from 8"-20". I would tell the how and why but they have an excellent video on their website on everything from colors and types of stone to installation. The choices are endless as are colors. Cost isnt too bad as what you see ran under $1000 and I did the install, it was actually fun:D If you are half way good with your hands then it should be no problem and goes pretty fast also, after prep work just butter'em up and apply. Just listen to me on this though, if you have outside corners to do then by all means BUY THE PREMADE CORNERS. Good luck. NSF <<>> PS probably better to tell you that a box does approx. 10 sq ft @ $90, corners do 8 linear ft at approx. same price!

Dave C
12-14-2007, 04:22 PM
"Premade corners" - check.
thanks. Looks Good
I'll check out the instructions and then decide whether I can handle it. I've done so much stuff this year I've never done its incredible. Friggen moneypit :mad:

Havasu1986
12-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Sure, I'll tell:D The product is made by Owens Corning, it is called Cultured Stone and the one I used is ProFit Ledgestone. it is a tight fit, (no grout lines as you can see which makes it much easier to apply IMO) modular stone, pieces are all 4" wide and vary in lentgh from 8"-20". I would tell the how and why but they have an excellent video on their website on everything from colors and types of stone to installation. The choices are endless as are colors. Cost isnt too bad as what you see ran under $1000 and I did the install, it was actually fun:D If you are half way good with your hands then it should be no problem and goes pretty fast also, after prep work just butter'em up and apply. Just listen to me on this though, if you have outside corners to do then by all means BUY THE PREMADE CORNERS. Good luck. NSF <<>> PS probably better to tell you that a box does approx. 10 sq ft @ $90, corners do 8 linear ft at approx. same price!
Bobby..I bought the same stone for my back yard wall. Tried to do it and after 3 pieces got pissed and hired someone. :mad: Yours came out great. :D Doesn't the type of mixture have a big part in it also.

Not So Fast
12-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Bobby..I bought the same stone for my back yard wall. Tried to do it and after 3 pieces got pissed and hired someone. :mad: Yours came out great. :D Doesn't the type of mixture have a big part in it also.
Well maybe it does:confused: I used "type N" mortar as recommended and kept everything damp and it stuck pretty well right away. I scraped the stucco and then wire brushed it so the lose crap was gone. What problem did you have Bobby? Beings your a hands on type worker I cant see why you would have trouble:idea: Thanks, NSF

Havasu1986
12-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Well maybe it does:confused: I used "type N" mortar as recommended and kept everything damp and it stuck pretty well right away. I scraped the stucco and then wire brushed it so the lose crap was gone. What problem did you have Bobby? Beings your a hands on type worker I cant see why you would have trouble:idea: Thanks, NSF
I have tiled my house, installed all new moldings and cedar lined all my closets. Not bad for a pipe fitter. But getting the mud on the stones and stick to the wall, wasn't happening. :mad: I had to hire a guy anyway to put the stone caps on the planters anyway. I did know to buy corner stones. :D