PDA

View Full Version : Proposal Ideas

SUCKER
12-14-2007, 02:37 PM
First let me put a couple of things out for you all. Yes, i created a user for this special post, and yes I do realize how much bs will be posted on this thread, but I am just looking for one good idea.
So it time, for the big question.. But after all the years of thinking about it, now I canÂ’t think of the how to do it. Let hear some ideas?
Also, whereÂ’s a good place online to price out diamonds. I want to make sure the family jeweler is giving me the best deal I can get. Its a butt load of money for a rock..

topless
12-14-2007, 02:41 PM
How about "Will you marry me?" I know it's worked well for others in the past.

HalletDave
12-14-2007, 02:45 PM
How about "Will you marry me?" I know it's worked well for others in the past.
That's a very kind gesture Ali, but no I won't.;)
Your Horsestrich scares me.:jawdrop: :D

topless
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
That's a very kind gesture Ali, but no I won't.;)
Your Horsestrich scares me.:jawdrop: :DWell, I did say it has worked well for OTHERS.

HalletDave
12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, I did say it has worked well for OTHERS.
I honestly hope you find the happiness that I'm sure you deserve honey.;) :)

delemorte
12-14-2007, 02:51 PM
depends on your budget.
depending on what coast you are on a exotic beach during sun rise or sun set is always nice. If you are near the mountains. A scenic view is always good..
If she is going to say yes then any intimant enviorment is going to work. try to avoid the strip bar or your favorite guy hang outs. I proposed at a intimant dinner one night.

Jordy
12-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Perfect proposal idea: DON'T. :notam: :D

syke-o
12-14-2007, 02:53 PM
why do you have to even get married and ruin everything....:idea:

Mrs. Bear Down
12-14-2007, 02:54 PM
well with New years eve around the corner & xmas!! How could you go wrong??
Why not wrap a blown up pic of you & her in a frame... give that to her...
Make sure you both look REALLY happy!!! Then say... gosh we're always so happy... you make me happy!!
Then give her a Coach, Gucci, Louis Vuitton... (I think you get the idea) purse...
Get her the latest Cell phone that her provider has to offer... and put it in the pocket... make the phone ring... which will prompt her to look inside the purse... tape the ring box to the phone, and ther you go!!
SURPRISE CENTRAL!!!!
man that's a good one!! Dang it!! Too bad I'm already married 7yrs!! LOL
So you know my husband asked me to marry him while in Vegas for New Years Eve!!! :D

HalletDave
12-14-2007, 02:55 PM
So it time, for the big question.. But after all the years of thinking about it, now I canÂ’t think of the how to do it. Let hear some ideas?
Proposal thread on ***boat.:idea:
:D

Jbb
12-14-2007, 03:01 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45214&stc=1&d=1197673279

Cole Trickle
12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
well with New years eve around the corner & xmas!! How could you go wrong??
Why not wrap a blown up pic of you & her in a frame... give that to her...
Make sure you both look REALLY happy!!! Then say... gosh we're always so happy... you make me happy!!
Then give her a Coach, Gucci, Louis Vuitton... (I think you get the idea) purse...
Get her the latest Cell phone that her provider has to offer... and put it in the pocket... make the phone ring... which will prompt her to look inside the purse... tape the ring box to the phone, and ther you go!!
SURPRISE CENTRAL!!!!
man that's a good one!! Dang it!! Too bad I'm already married 7yrs!! LOL
So you know my husband asked me to marry him while in Vegas for New Years Eve!!! :D
This sounds nice and cheap;)
Why not put the new spendy purse in the front seat of a new 650 CI convertible to complete the package...lol
I like Jordys idea better:D:eek:

voodoomedman
12-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Even with all the ideas you get the key is to tailor it to her wants and likes and such. I'll tell you what I did and why. My wife loves Chevy's and so do I so Christmas Eve day as a 20 year old kid I show up on her parents driveway with a corvette (rented). Took that thing for a drive down the coast. Stopped at Ruby's for lunch and she was in heaven and thought that the car rental was her Christmas present since they aren't cheap. We are driving a long and I say let's go walk on the beach. We go down Diamond drive in Laguna and park. I tell her to start walking to find a spot while I get the blanket. I wrap up her present in the blanket and follow her. We get down the stairs and find a nice spot. I get down on my knees and start setting up the blanket and find a wrapped Christmas present in there. I hand it to her. She opens it up, I'm still on my knees, and it is a Precious Moments (She collects them and every one she has has been given to her for some significant reason in her life). The precious moments and the little boy on his knee proposing with a ring and the note says check yes or no. As soon as she sees it I start going into my speech with my heart pounding and trying not to cry and she starts crying as soon as she sees the Precious Moment. It was wonderful and we will always remember it and it was tailored to her. We finished a nice afternoon on the beach and drove home and told her parents then mine. Of course hers already knew because I took them out to dinner before and properly asked for her hand in marriage, but she didn't know that and even after I proposed she asked and I told her I didn't because her mom didn't want me to because she wanted her to tell her and be excited that she was surprising them. And don't let any of these fools with their jokes get you down. Yes marriage can suck. That's if you aren't marrying the right person. I married the right person and we are happy and will be married until we die. It is work and children are work but everything good is. I know I'm a sap but think about it. Even sex you have to work at. Anything good is work.

TBONE1904
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
My cousin just proposed, and I had to hear all of his and the internet's crazy ideas. Here is what he did, and it was a success especially on the surprise end. The thing is the surprise is situational, and has to go along with something real going on in your lives. Anyhow here it goes. He is basically a glorified office manager, so his day to day is hands on with the owner. Thursday of the week he is thinking to propose he hinted that him and the owner where not seeing eye to eye, and how much he hates his job. He had his brother call his cell phone Sunday after the Charger game to pretend to be his boss and then get in a verbal fight with him. After he slams the phone down he says I am done with this job (her schedule has Mondays off) and says lets go down to Ensenada and have some fun. She has nothing to do the next day and says yes. When they get there they vacation, and at the end of the night on the balcony he gets down and asks her to marry him. She thought it was a drunk joke, but when he should her the stone GAME OVER!!!

maxwedge
12-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Is this an imaginary fiance you found on myspace?:D

justfloatn
12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Every dumbass that's thinking about getting married should read this thread...
Perfect timing..this quote is from the stolen boat mold thread:D

Miss Perfect
12-14-2007, 03:31 PM
My cousin just proposed, and I had to hear all of his and the internet's crazy ideas. Here is what he did, and it was a success especially on the surprise end. The thing is the surprise is situational, and has to go along with something real going on in your lives. Anyhow here it goes. He is basically a glorified office manager, so his day to day is hands on with the owner. Thursday of the week he is thinking to propose he hinted that him and the owner where not seeing eye to eye, and how much he hates his job. He had his brother call his cell phone Sunday after the Charger game to pretend to be his boss and then get in a verbal fight with him. After he slams the phone down he says I am done with this job (her schedule has Mondays off) and says lets go down to Ensenada and have some fun. She has nothing to do the next day and says yes. When they get there they vacation, and at the end of the night on the balcony he gets down and asks her to marry him. She thought it was a drunk joke, but when he should her the stone GAME OVER!!!
Your cousin, eh?? :idea: Are you sure this wasn't you and your little senorita? What ever happened with that anyways?

YeLLowBoaT
12-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Just hand her a pre nup... if she is smart she will figure it out...
Any time your alone, is the best time to ask( not while your in bed)... that way she can be honest with you... doing the whole over the top thing in public, women have been known to say yes... just like a mercy fook.

Cigalert
12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Don't get engaged....offer her $1,000,000 for one night. You'll save tons of money if you do things this way.

Jordy
12-14-2007, 03:39 PM
You're cousin, eh?? :idea: Are you sure this wasn't you and your little senorita? What ever happened with that anyways?
:idea: :D

Baja Big Dog
12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Paging Ratso...paging mr Ratso!!!!:D :D

TBONE1904
12-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Your cousin, eh?? :idea: Are you sure this wasn't you and your little senorita? What ever happened with that anyways?
Yes my younger cousin...me and the senorita are finished

TBONE1904
12-14-2007, 04:01 PM
I knew I could get your attention again.:devil:

Dave C
12-14-2007, 04:03 PM
didn't someone try this scenario already with a jeep.... bnag...;)
:idea: :D

topless
12-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes my younger cousin...me and the senorita are finished
But you two were so much in love...............what happened?:confused:

Slow What
12-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Perfect proposal idea: DON'T. :notam: :D
Exellent advise :D

TBONE1904
12-14-2007, 04:14 PM
But you two were so much in love...............what happened?:confused:
apparently I was cheating on her with her sisters boyfriends cousins sister:D

HavaSkank
12-14-2007, 04:19 PM
So this chick agreed to marry your cousin....even though she was fooled to believe he was now unemployed?
Is she a glue sniffer?

ratso
12-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Paging Ratso...paging mr Ratso!!!!:D :D
Which one? 1...2...3...4... or 5? :D

TBONE1904
12-14-2007, 04:23 PM
So this chick agreed to marry your cousin....even though she was fooled to believe he was now unemployed?
Is she a glue sniffer?
DAMN....You are good:D

HavaSkank
12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
I dont call that love....I call that sheer stupidity. If you cant keep a job, I cant seem to keep my legs open.

ratso
12-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I dont call that love....I call that sheer stupidity. If you cant keep a job, I cant seem to keep my legs open.
Around here, I see deadbeats being supported by chicks all the time...:idea:

HavaSkank
12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Retarded chicks need love too Ratso

Dave C
12-14-2007, 04:33 PM
where have these overachievers been... I've had it backwards all these years..... I thought the man had to work then get taken to the cleaners?:confused:
Retarded chicks need love too Ratso

TBONE1904
12-14-2007, 04:35 PM
He asked me about you first......I told him you were not qualified....you have a job correct:D

Racey
12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Don't Do It!!! Run while you still can!!!! :D

SUCKER
12-17-2007, 09:59 AM
TTT
No one has a good website to check prices on diamonds? I want to verify that I am getting a good deal.. I do have a relationship with the Jewelry, but want to be sure.

Jordy
12-17-2007, 10:03 AM
I do have a relationship with the Jewelry
:idea:
Seriously though, there are so many possible variations in stones, other than size, that you're not going to be able to tell anything off a website. In fact, the last place I would even consider buying a diamond would be from someone I didn't know, or at least know of their reputation, and certainly not off an internet website, but that's just me. If you have everything picked out already with your jeweler, you should get some kind of certifications on the stone(s) which would give you the cut, size, color, and overall rating based on the flaws and inclusions. You could call around with that info and get some ballpark prices.

adjones419
12-17-2007, 10:04 AM
For a guy wanting to get married, your screen name choice is very appropriate.

brianthomas
12-17-2007, 11:08 AM
TTT
No one has a good website to check prices on diamonds? I want to verify that I am getting a good deal.. I do have a relationship with the Jewelry, but want to be sure.
When you're done you will have an even closer relationship with the jewler, just no kiss.:jawdrop: