PDA

View Full Version : Marriage license check?

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Anyway to check on-line to see if someone is married? Kind of curious if my ex-wife got re-married since she quit her job a few months ago and continues to spend money like is growing on a tree.

ccfdland
12-14-2007, 07:33 PM
check with you local government website if it is available. here in Vegas, you can enter a persons name and search for marriage certificate. good luck! make sure she is spending someone else's money!

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I will check the gov't site. Just seems odd that she not working and still spending like no tomorrow.

ccfdland
12-14-2007, 07:37 PM
How did you find out she quit her job and is spending a lot of money? If this info is there, it should be easy to know if she remarried.

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 07:38 PM
My daughter told me she quit her job and that she just got back from taking a 7 day cruise to Mexico.
How did you find out she quit her job and is spending a lot of money? If this info is there, it should be easy to know if she remarried.

ccfdland
12-14-2007, 07:40 PM
ahhah, muy bueno. cervezas, donde esta el bano.. jeje....... Would the daughter know if she remarried? If she did know, would she keep this info from you?

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
My daughter might keep it from me. Heck, she might not even know since the ex-wife might be trying to keep it from me.

ccfdland
12-14-2007, 07:45 PM
good luck,, it will be interesting to know how it all plays out.:)

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 07:49 PM
All the places on-line charge for the info.

Havasu1986
12-14-2007, 07:51 PM
My daughter might keep it from me. Heck, she might not even know since the ex-wife might be trying to keep it from me.
Do you really care..Or does the alimony stop if she remarrys. :D

Miss Perfect
12-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Unless it has something to do with child support or spousal support, why would it matter to you if she was remarried?

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Does have to do with child support.
Unless it has something to do with child support or spousal support, why would it matter to you if she was remarried?
No alimony here. The alimony would stop if remarried but my alimony ran out many years ago.

djunkie
12-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Who cares? Maybe the guy just wants to know. My guess is he's paying alimony but either way if they have kids together I would think he has a right to know.

Havasu1986
12-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Who cares? Maybe the guy just wants to know. My guess is he's paying alimony but either way if they have kids together I would think he has a right to know.
Good point. ;)

Miss Perfect
He said it has to do with child support, so that makes sense. In the previous post he said he was just curious...and if you ask me, that is sorta creepy. But you're right, I don't care. ;)

RitcheyRch
I only had to pay alimony for a few years so that ended back in 1997.
I feel have a right to know since I am the custodial parent of our daughter and she is under 18.
If she remarried it wouldnt change child support at all. It would only eliminate spousal support if was paying it.

Havasu1986
12-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I only had to pay alimony for a few years so that ended back in 1997.
I feel have a right to know since I am the custodial parent of our daughter and she is under 18.
If she remarried it wouldnt change child support at all. It would only eliminate spousal support if was paying it.
And it would also mean your kid had a new step dad..Right. :confused:

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 08:05 PM
That too.
[/B]

djunkie
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
[/B]
Bingo!!!!!!!!!

Havasu1986
12-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Bingo!!!!!!!!!
Took me awhile to get it...:D I have dogs.

photo chick
12-14-2007, 08:40 PM
She could've gotten married in Mexico on her cruise...:D

RitcheyRch
12-14-2007, 08:43 PM
I was thinking that as well.

asch
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Jeez, the guy has right to know who's in his minor child's life when he's not around, not to mention where his CS money is going. I know I did.

C-2
12-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Trying to find a marriage license in Los Angeles and many Cali counties is not an easy task. The majority of licenses are filed as “confidential”, meaning no record. The “confidential” part started as a simple “go around” to the old fashioned blood test, but within the past 20 years, people now mark them as confidential, so they stay just that.
The places online are supplying you with data between 1960-1985 only. The only way to do it in LA County is by visiting the County Recorder in Norwalk; filling out a form under penalty of perjury, and then searching their computer records (again with the knowledge if it was filed confidential – it won’t even show).
A seemingly simple task – but difficult to confirm.:(

BoatPI
12-15-2007, 04:54 AM
I believe that they are filed by county. The main source I use is the LA County Hall of Records office in Norwalk.

ratso
12-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Mexico is a cool place to get married... I did that with wife #4... I'm divorced here but I think I'm still married there?:idea:

RitcheyRch
12-15-2007, 10:19 AM
I kind of remember that when got my marriage license back in 1988.
Trying to find a marriage license in Los Angeles and many Cali counties is not an easy task. The majority of licenses are filed as “confidential”, meaning no record. The “confidential” part started as a simple “go around” to the old fashioned blood test, but within the past 20 years, people now mark them as confidential, so they stay just that.
The places online are supplying you with data between 1960-1985 only. The only way to do it in LA County is by visiting the County Recorder in Norwalk; filling out a form under penalty of perjury, and then searching their computer records (again with the knowledge if it was filed confidential – it won’t even show).
A seemingly simple task – but difficult to confirm.:(
I'm not driving down to Norwalk thats for sure.
I believe that they are filed by county. The main source I use is the LA County Hall of Records office in Norwalk.
That is interesting. :D
Mexico is a cool place to get married... I did that with wife #4... I'm divorced here but I think I'm still married there?:idea:

speedneeder
12-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I suppose asking her would be out of the question??
obviously no impact on child support. Even if you find out thru records she is married then what?
IMHO.. taking a cruise to Mexico may not necesarily mean she is spending money like crazy. Maybe it was planned it advance. Also, if its her money and not yourswho cares. Where she spends her money or yours (unfortunatley this includes child support) is soley her decision.

RitcheyRch
12-15-2007, 12:58 PM
She wouldnt tell me if she re-married.
Curious to see if she re-married since would like to know who my Daughter is living with a few weeks per month. Plus, last I heard the guy she was dating and living with her was still married.
Agree, taking the cruise could have been planned long before she quit her job but when we were buying my Daughters Senior pictures and she tells me she is living paycheck to paycheck than I would have figured she would have postponed the cruise until started working again or atleast trying to find another job.
I dont care how she spends the child support money since is very little and it runs out in 5 months.
I suppose asking her would be out of the question??
obviously no impact on child support. Even if you find out thru records she is married then what?
IMHO.. taking a cruise to Mexico may not necesarily mean she is spending money like crazy. Maybe it was planned it advance. Also, if its her money and not yourswho cares. Where she spends her money or yours (unfortunatley this includes child support) is soley her decision.

Wicky
12-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Does have to do with child support.
No alimony here. The alimony would stop if remarried but my alimony ran out many years ago.
Alimony=No Stoker!!!!!!:eek:

Wicky
12-15-2007, 05:21 PM
She could have caught the Norwalk virus too!!:D