PDA

View Full Version : How Many Former Smokers On The Board?

Boozer
12-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Today is week 3 without a cig.
I've quit countless times and started again. The smell of smoke disgusts me and it makes dating tough at times.
I've always had a fairly easy time quitting but this time has been the roughest by far. My moods shift almost instantly, I have absolutely no patience whatsoever, and I am constantly craving a cig. Even using the patch isn't helping. On the plus side, my taste buds are back in full effect and I don't smell like an ashtray anymore.
How many others have stuck it out and beaten the tobacco demon?

Wet Dream
12-15-2007, 03:54 PM
I've quit countless times and started again. The smell of smoke disgusts me and it makes dating tough at times.
I've always had a fairly easy time quitting but this time has been the roughest by far. My moods shift almost instantly, I have absolutely no patience whatsoever, and I am constantly craving a cig. Even using the patch isn't helping. On the plus side, my taste buds are back in full effect and I don't smell like an ashtray anymore.
It always will, until you light up. That smell makes you want to puke, but then you light up, and its not that bad...to you. I'm down to smoking on weekends, which hopefully will lead into fulltime, but its probably worse going to none, then a pack. I can imagine what the body thinks. Good luck.

gramps
12-15-2007, 03:54 PM
I quit after 22 years & 2 paks a day. Good thing God invented valium.

Jbb
12-15-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45300&stc=1&d=1197763073

blown65
12-15-2007, 03:58 PM
took me a few times to quit, but glad I did. Has been about 5 yrs I guess.

topless
12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Good luck Boozer. Cigs are suppose to be more addicting than heroin. (maybe this is why you're mad at Mondo??????):idea:

DelawareDave
12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Quit almost 7 years ago. Smoked for 38 years, at least 2 packs a day.

2forcefull
12-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I quit, after about 20 years, and yes I hate smoke!!!!
and worse is people flick'n cig butts everywhere.
the way I quit for good was, I carried a pack in my shirt pocket
and when ever the urge was too much i would put the pack in my
hand and tell it that I was much stronger and had more will power
than a stinking pack of smokes,
hav'nt smoked in over 20 years!!!
I try'd the same approach with sex, but everytime, I'd get light headed'
my hand would start shak'n and, oh well you can guess the rest
I also quit drink'n beer after about 25 years of drink'n almost everyday
I figured out that it was easy for me to not drink the first one, but
could'nt not drink the second, and so on.
the hardest thing About quit'n drink'n was figuring out how to have fun and relax with out it.
I see all these people at the lake and dunes drink'n, if an accident happens
they'll go after the one thats drink'n first

Fire Angler
12-15-2007, 04:45 PM
It will be 12 years on New Years......... Good luck Boozer.
Is it true you have rooms for rent (free) in Denver? Some of us were thinking about a ski trip ..... :D

Moneypitt
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Cutting way back leading up to Jan 1st........Over 40 years, quit a few times, but re started. Especially tough while driving long distances and/or enjoying a cocktail or two.........Never had chemical withdrawls, but the physical habit is a bitch.......MP

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45300&stc=1&d=1197763073
"' 'ey is that a join' man'...:D"

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 04:58 PM
I've quit countless times and started again...
So have I...every 1/2 hour it seems like...:D

~FM
12-15-2007, 05:18 PM
It'll be 11 years on my birthday since I quit smoking. It was not easy and on three separate occasions just in the past three years I've had a smoke on impulse. Thankfully I didn't return to smoking regularly over those exceptions. In the future should I get a sudden urge to light up, I will choose not to give in to the impulse.
Here's wishing you continued success Boozer and anyone else struggling with staying quit. :clover:

Sean5474
12-15-2007, 05:26 PM
I quit 8 months ago. The patch and the commit losenge helped me. At first I had to do them together.

rrrr
12-15-2007, 05:31 PM
It's been about ten years......I had rolls of suger free Life Savers in my pockets for years.......:)
You have to quit cold turkey and forever. I did, anyway. From the very first day I told myself that was it.
You can do it.
Speaking of smoking, I was playing pool in the sports bar near my house last night. It's been illegal to light up in bars for seven months here.
So this guy standing next to me fires up a cigarette. I asked him to put it out because I hate cigarette smoke, and since I had thyroid cancer last year and had my thyroid removed, smoke makes me sick. I figured that was the end of it.
So I look over a minute later and he's still going.......I told him a little more forcefully and he put it out.
About fifteen minutes later, he lights another one. I jerked it out of his mouth and stepped on it....told him he needed to grow up and follow the rules or a good ass kicking was going to happen mighty fast.
I never start fights.......it just really pisses me off when people think that rules don't apply to them, and besides that, I had told him the smoke makes me ill.
Phucking thoughtless assholes. :rolleyes:

Trailer Park Casanova
12-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Good luck Boozer. Cigs are suppose to be more addicting than heroin. (maybe this is why you're mad at Mondo??????):idea:
Yep, and they kill more people too.
Far less complications in surgery for non-smokers,, so it helps you in many way in the long run.

racecar.hotshoe
12-15-2007, 05:36 PM
3 months for me I used Chantix very expensive but well worth it.Mark

purrfecttremor
12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
I quit after 30 years in 2000. If I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!! Hang in there Boozer.

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 05:38 PM
3 months for me I used Chantix very expensive but well worth it.Mark
I have heard nothing but good stuff about Chantix.

racecar.hotshoe
12-15-2007, 05:41 PM
I have heard nothing but good stuff about Chantix.
I saw on the news people were having bad dreams and stuff.But I didnt it worked great for me.

wildbillg
12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
i said i was going to quit if cigs ever got over $2 a pack and was smokin a pack a day back when they were $1.75. Its been about 18 years or more since I quit picked up my first cig at about 9, stopped when dad caught me and made me sit at the table and smoke a pack one after the other till I puked. Didnt pick it up again till I was about 17.Still to this day after 18 years of not smoking have the urge to spark one up once in a while.........

boatsntoys
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I only smoke when I drink.........down to about 2 packs a day:D

photo chick
12-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I quit 15 years ago when I had my appendix out. I was in the hospital for over a week. The doctor told me I could have one if I could make it to the atrium downstairs. I made it down there but could hardly breath, didn't have a smoke again for a year. Unfortunately, after that year I've been smoking ever since...:(

YeLLowBoaT
12-15-2007, 05:57 PM
I quit 15 years ago when I had my appendix out. I was in the hospital for over a week. The doctor told me I could have one if I could make it to the atrium downstairs. I made it down there but could hardly breath, didn't have a smoke again for a year. Unfortunately, after that year I've been smoking ever since...:(
All you need is another operation... Boob job...:)

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 05:58 PM
I saw on the news people were having bad dreams and stuff.But I didnt it worked great for me.
I have a friend that smoked for well over thirty years at a rate of two + packs a day that tried that stuff and has a full month of non smoking.

photo chick
12-15-2007, 06:11 PM
All you need is another operation... Boob job...:)
Hey...I was born with DD's I don't see the need...ok maybe a lift..:D

YeLLowBoaT
12-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey...I was born with DD's I don't see the need.....:D
http://209.85.12.232/5284/3/emo/worthlesswopics.gif

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Ditto:D

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 06:25 PM
This thread is worth more without pics...trust you me on that

photo chick
12-15-2007, 06:27 PM
This thread is worth more without pics...trust you me on that
Can you explain please and why do you have my bro as your avatar?

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Can you explain please?
Personal preference...:D
...and why do you have my bro as your avatar?
For Topless's sake :D

angry dad
12-15-2007, 06:30 PM
I quit cold turky 6 years ago after 26 years!! It was easy for me.. I just got to hate the smell.
Good luck!

photo chick
12-15-2007, 06:30 PM
For Topless's sake :D
Gotcha ;) Why for her sake?

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Gotcha ;) Why for her sake?
Well...
Obviously she loves "giving head" to TAF...:D
But don't quote me that's just what I heard...:D :D :D

photo chick
12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Well...
Obviously she loves "giving head" to TAF...:D
But don't quote me that's just what I heard...:D :D :D
WOW aren't you just full of info tonight! :jawdrop: :)
Ok now back to our regularly scheduled thread......smoking!

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Ok now back to our regularly scheduled thread......smoking!
Seems to be your favorite topic of the night...cigs...joints...
Or perhaps....maybe..."pole"...for a change....

rmarion
12-15-2007, 07:29 PM
May 25, 1995, but who's counting..........

photo chick
12-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Seems to be your favorite topic of the night...cigs...joints...
Or perhaps....maybe..."pole"...for a change....
I think you have me confused with someone.....:confused:

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Jetaholic still smokes cock does that count:D

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Nah...I thought about it but I heard it causes cancer...
Don't quote me though...that's just what I heard...:D

photo chick
12-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm beginning to think he smokes crack!! Which has nothing to do with his personal preference on my bra size, he's just out there!:D

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:06 PM
...his personal preference on my bra size...
Why would I wanna see a pic of something I have no chance with? :D

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Nah...I thought about it but I heard it causes cancer...
Don't quote me though...that's just what I heard...:D
Atleast u admit it:D
I'm beginning to think he smokes crack!! Which has nothing to do with his personal preference on my bra size, he's just out there!:D
There is nothing wrong with that is there?:confused:

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
At least u admit it:D
Which is more than I can say for you...:D

topless
12-15-2007, 08:09 PM
For Topless's sake :DPlease explain how your avatar is for my sake while your explaining yourself.

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Which is more than I can say for you...:D
Awwwwwww i'm starting to think u don't like me.:(

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Why 'cause my pole is smaller than yours? :(

photo chick
12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Why would I wanna see a pic of something I have no chance with? :D
Makes complete sense to me, I regretted putting up my bra size as soon as I did it but YB qouted me b4 I could delete it.
But I'm curious about the smoking, joint & pole comment, where'd that come from? :confused: :)

photo chick
12-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Me too.....I'm crushed! ;)

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Why 'cause my pole is smaller than yours? :(
Thats not what Topless said:confused:

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Thats not what Topless said:confused:
Oh REALLY!?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45308&stc=1&d=1197778527

Biglue
12-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Jet-a-holic and Awsome cat, you guys are starting to look like Djunkie and Cole trickle playing hard to get n shit. Get a room already. :D

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Jet-a-holic and Awsome cat, you guys are starting to look like Djunkie and Cole trickle playing hard to get n shit. Get a room already. :D
U jealous? :D

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh REALLY!?
You really need to work on that tan:eek:
STFU Lue..Dfag is going to hear this shit and be right here swinging on our nutts:D

Biglue
12-15-2007, 08:23 PM
U jealous? :D
Negative I don't fly that way, but thanks for the offer. BTW, if you need those types of services, let me know. I'm officially Lucky's pimp now. You can have him with or without a dress for the same rates. :jawdrop: :D :D

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Negative I don't fly that way, but thanks for the offer. BTW, if you need those types of services, let me know. I'm officially Lucky's pimp now. You can have him with or without a dress for the same rates. :jawdrop: :D :D
Your still ****ing with Lucky? I thought you moved onto Grads by now:D

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:27 PM
If he's still an ex-trucker I might take you up on the offer :D :D

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:28 PM
You really need to work on that tan:eek:
STFU Lue..Dfag is going to hear this shit and be right here swinging on our nutts:D
Thanks for checkin' me out...
However...you couldn't afford me :D

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for checkin' me out...
However...you couldn't afford me :D
I had to look,you are blocking a tit:D

Biglue
12-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Your still ****ing with Lucky? I thought you moved onto Grads by now:D
I don't mind pimping a fag, but Grads is whole new level of homo, I don't even want to acknowledge its existance. :D :D

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:30 PM
I had to look,you are blocking a tit:D
Jealous? :D

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Jealous? :D
Of the tit? It is a nice tit but , not really Jealous:D

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't mind pimping a fag, but Grads is whole new level of homo, I don't even want to acknowledge its existance. :D :D
That homo has a whole new level to being a Jordy lover:D

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Of the tit? It is a nice tit but , not really Jealous:D
That it is...:D

hkunz
12-16-2007, 12:06 PM
February 13, 1995. I spent January 2nd and third in the hospital at Balboa, B/C they thought I had a heart attack (we are talking Navy medicine 12 years ago) and it took overnight for the tests to come back. One key indicator at that time was simply being a smoker. I decided i wasn't interested in riding in the back of an ambulance again soon, so I cut slowly, then just quit. At first it was hard, but by about year 2 I couldn't stand to be near anyone smoking. Now I'm the hardcore butthead anti-smoker that's point out that the smoking area is someplace else:devil:
Keep it up, it will get better every day.

ULTRA26 # 1
12-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Try quiting with Chantix. 5 months for me after 40 years and it's a done deal.

77Woodbridge
12-16-2007, 03:28 PM
This is the third time and it seems the charm. I started smoking and serious drinking for that matter in Technical school in the Air Force.
Fast forward 22 years and I've stopped now for 3.5 years - there is no going back now.
Watching the smokers stand in the freezing cold compounded by the social stigma is enough to keep me from reversion... :D

EAZYKILLER2006
12-16-2007, 03:33 PM
good luck! keep it up
use the money you save, to buy yourself something, maybe that will help:)

Twice Pipes
12-16-2007, 03:49 PM
I quit smoking 20 years ago this New Years. Cold turkey and have never looked back. Best thing I've ever done for myself.:)