PDA

View Full Version : How about them Clippers???

OutCole'd
12-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Don't hear much from Ol' Tommy lately????:confused: :confused:

DILLIGAF
12-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Can't see the game out in AZ.......Looks like the Lakers will win this one though. Clips are trying the best they can under the circumstances. All things being even I would still take my Clips against those Lakers.
had tickets to the game tonight but my buddy and I couldn't make it. He gave all 4 to his son who is back for Xmas break from college. I am sure he is enjoying the game regardless who wins.
Kaman seems to be cleaning up the glass on the Lakers

GAME TIME
12-16-2007, 09:13 PM
:D :D :D

dmontzsta
12-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Bynum is a beast, he man handled Kaman tonight. Every time Kaman tried to get to the hoop, Bynum would put his arm out and you could see the strength.
Remember clipper fans, injuries are NO excuse. Hey, atleast when the Lakers had injuries, they made it into the playoffs. :D
Also, if I remember correctly, SOMEONE said the clippers had more "depth" than the Lakers, whats up now!?!? :D
The Lakers bench is #2 in scoring.

DILLIGAF
12-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Bynum is a beast, he man handled Kaman tonight. Every time Kaman tried to get to the hoop, Bynum would put his arm out and you could see the strength.
Remember clipper fans, injuries are NO excuse. Hey, atleast when the Lakers had injuries, they made it into the playoffs. :D
Also, if I remember correctly, SOMEONE said the clippers had more "depth" than the Lakers, whats up now!?!? :D
The Lakers bench is #2 in scoring.
Insane.....You got a lot to learn. Maybe it is the lack of hair on your head....lol
What did Kaman get....16 rebounds and 18 points? ya, he got man-handled alright. Bynum is getting some good numbers at this point and I will give the youngster credit for that. Seems like a nice enough guy. Wonder how he really feels about Kobe butt ****ing him prior to the season?
What about your triple double Odom? last I looked he was averaging something like this: 13.5 Points 8.2 Rebounds 2.3 Asst 2.3. Ya, pretty close to the Big O's stats.......lol
Last I checked the playoffs haven't started at this point. Looking bleek for the Clips but we all know how it turns out when you play Nostramamus...and shit
Only credit you get from me is being the biggest, gayest male cheerleader for the Lakers. You ever figure out why Bryants name is on the back of your jersey? Bynum knows, ask him.
Depth.....well, the Clips are at least 5 players down right now. No excuses from me though. It is what it is and I unlike you accept that. Nothing that I can do by whining here about it.
----edit--- Forgot to put my friggin' smiley up last night
:)

dmontzsta
12-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Go Lakers!

Jyruiz
12-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Kaman is becoming one of the better centers in the league, he has a nice jumper and good foot work around the rim, he is not as athletic and that is why Bynum was blocking Kamans shots. When he was not blocking them, Bynum was altering them. Kaman got most of his points of Mihn and putbacks when Bynum was leaving him to go block other shots, but one on one with Bynum, Kaman did not have much success. Also, the Clippers look to Kaman to score and set him up in the post so he can do that, the offense is run thru Kaman and Maggette. The offense is not run thru Bynum and he has to get his points of rebounds and alley oops.
Kaman might have looked good in the points and rebound department, but Bynum for being 20 held his own and made more of an impact on the defensive end than Kaman, still with all that said, Bynum had a nice game with 14, 9, and 6 blocks againts one of the better centers in the league. I hope Kaman stays with the Clipps, as Bynum and Kaman could be a nice center rivalry to come in the future.

dmontzsta
12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Bynum was sure right when he said "This will be my year".
The Buss family are certainly not dumb. They have had many star players over the years, so not getting rid of Bynum shows they see what they have. Especially when they were going to get rid of Kobe before Bynum. :)
Bynum is definitely proving what he is capable of and at such a young age. If he keeps it up, he can get onto Shaq's level and possibly pass him if he continues to stay in shape. IMO he should go put 20lbs of muscle on over the summer and keep working on his footwork, he could be a BEAST!
I think Kobe is realizing this now also, which is why he is feeding him.

Cole Trickle
12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Lakers are actually pretty fun to watch right now. They have a young entergetic crew that is buying into the whole team concept.
They are never gonna get past the 2nd round if Lamar is there #2 option. I wish they would trade him and get another quasi star that can contribute nightly.:mad: :(

Jyruiz
12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Lakers are actually pretty fun to watch right now. They have a young entergetic crew that is buying into the whole team concept.
They are never gonna get past the 2nd round if Lamar is there #2 option. I wish they would trade him and get another quasi star that can contribute nightly.:mad: :(
I agree, I cringe every time LO shoots the 3, he needs to be down in the post.

Cole Trickle
12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
I agree, I cringe every time LO shoots the 3, he needs to be down in the post.
He basicly handed over the game on friday. he seems very unsure handling the ball in crunch time.
I think the Lakers would have been amazing if they scored KG and hung onto Bynum.

OutCole'd
12-17-2007, 09:24 AM
So basically, Lakers are playing good ball, and the Clipper suck like usual.
Cool, just wanted to make sure I had it straight......:D

dmontzsta
12-17-2007, 10:22 AM
It makes you wonder what they will do with Kwame. That is $10mill right there, he expires this year.

Jyruiz
12-17-2007, 10:39 AM
It makes you wonder what they will do with Kwame. That is $10mill right there, he expires this year.
Either trade him or resign him for less next year. Even if the let him walk, the Lakers can't use that 10mil to sign anybody, after that 10mil leaves, they are still over the cap. I am hoping they trade him.

AirtimeLavey
12-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I agree. Young, energetic and team ball is the key to success right now. LO is not only unreliable shooting the three ball, but he is one of the worst finishers on layups as well. He gets to the hole and then misses. He should be better than he is and has shown flashes of brilliance, but at this point his lack of consistency is annoying. It's like he's a died-in-the-wool Clipper. He's got to leave that behind and step up to Laker standards or get dumped. :devil:
Otherwise, Lakers loooooking bery, bery, goood. Kobe's a freakin stud playing through all his injuries, and playing well. Bynum is going to dominate the league very soon. His athleticism is impressive and he's playing smart. He's going to be a force in the league for many years to come. I lke T. Arrriza and his energy. This team is starting to realize it's potential and will go far. Need to figure out LO and Kwame and Mihm's got to get back. :D :D
Oh yeah, this thread was about the JV/Clippers. Same old, same old. Nothing to see there. All seriousness aside, Kaman is a solid player and class guy. Clippers could be making some noise w/EB, but I don't think they'll get it going in time this season. No way would they be on par w/current Lakers even if both teams had everybody healthy. More wishful thinking on Clipper fans' parts....same old story. :D

dmontzsta
12-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Either trade him or resign him for less next year. Even if the let him walk, the Lakers can't use that 10mil to sign anybody, after that 10mil leaves, they are still over the cap. I am hoping they trade him.
Yeah, they need to trade him to use the money wisely. If they could sign him for less, then it might be worth keeping him. Without Bynum, the Lakers are sort of weak at center. Mihm is definitely no Bynum.
Another thing to check out is how deep they are at point. J.Critt is not getting any time right now, which he needs to develop. It is tough, Fish brings stability at guard, which they need bad. Farmar brings tons of energy off the bench and is averaging like 10+ ppg in low minutes.
In my mind I still thinking Kwame for Artest? :)
Bynum - Mihm - Vet Min.
Odom - Turiaf - Ariza
Artest - Radman - Walton
Kobe - Vujacic - Karl
Fish - Farmar - Crittenton
Sign a Vet C for the minimum and you have some serious depth.

Jyruiz
12-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah, they need to trade him to use the money wisely. If they could sign him for less, then it might be worth keeping him. Without Bynum, the Lakers are sort of weak at center. Mihm is definitely no Bynum.
Another thing to check out is how deep they are at point. J.Critt is not getting any time right now, which he needs to develop. It is tough, Fish brings stability at guard, which they need bad. Farmar brings tons of energy off the bench and is averaging like 10+ ppg in low minutes.
In my mind I still thinking Kwame for Artest? :)
Bynum - Mihm - Vet Min.
Odom - Turiaf - Ariza
Artest - Radman - Walton
Kobe - Vujacic - Karl
Fish - Farmar - Crittenton
Sign a Vet C for the minimum and you have some serious depth.
No to Artest, he is a head case. This Laker team is meshing nice and getting along, Artest would only screw that up. I think if Kwame is dealt, it has to be for another big or an all star, somebody who can actually be a true 2nd option. Kwame might have to be packaged with one of the young point guards, but the Lakers are deep in that department so as long as they get back a true 2nd option, I would not mind.

Cole Trickle
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
No to Artest, he is a head case. This Laker team is meshing nice and getting along, Artest would only screw that up. I think if Kwame is dealt, it has to be for another big or an all star, somebody who can actually be a true 2nd option. Kwame might have to be packaged with one of the young point guards, but the Lakers are deep in that department so as long as they get back a true 2nd option, I would not mind.
Won't it be tough to off load him and his 10mill contract since he sucks?:D
Maybe if they package Lamar and replace two negatives with one positive...Gasol?

Jyruiz
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Won't it be tough to off load him and his 10mill contract since he sucks?:D
Maybe if they package Lamar and replace two negatives with one positive...Gasol?
That is his biggest attraction, his 10mil expiring contract, hopefully they can do something with that.
Lamars value is way down, I doubt the Lakers can get anything significant for him. Lamar will have more value next year when his 14mil contract expires. Gasol is hurt and Lamar would fit Memphis run and gun system, but Memphis is rebuilding and would probably prefer young prospects, picks and cap flexibility than Lamar. The Lakers could sweeten the pot with Farmar, but then the Lakers might have to take a bad contract back as well.

OutCole'd
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
That is his biggest attraction, his 10mil expiring contract, hopefully they can do something with that.
Lamars value is way down, I doubt the Lakers can get anything significant for him. Lamar will have more value next year when his 14mil contract expires. Gasol is hurt and Lamar would fit Memphis run and gun system, but Memphis is rebuilding and would probably prefer young prospects, picks and cap flexibility than Lamar. The Lakers could sweeten the pot with Farmar, but then the Lakers might have to take a bad contract back as well.
I would HATE to see the Lakers trade farmar, he is one of my favorite players to watch right now. He's the Captain of the bench squad.

Cole Trickle
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I would HATE to see the Lakers trade farmar, he is one of my favorite players to watch right now. He's the Captain of the bench squad.
The kid is good with the ball and sweats confidence:)
Dosen't matter since Boston is gonna sweeo the playoffs:mad:

Jyruiz
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Me too, but you have to give to get, and the Lakers are really high on Crittenton who has a higher ceiling.