PDA

View Full Version : Jandy Pool Equipment

rollin24/7
12-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Getting ready to build a pool and we're looking into Jandy pool Equipment. Just wondering if anyone here has used the same equipment, and if so what there opinion is on that brand. Thanks

Strippoker
12-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Jandy is what we put in about 90% of the pools in PHX when I was designing the things seem to have always been the best for the money.

MKEELINE
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I would steer clear of the Ray-Vac pool sweep. I've had mine for about 10 years, but have rebuilt the thing about 4 times.

new2cats
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM
We do 100+ project a year with Jandy Equipment...works good, priced right, good warranty. PM me for referral on where to buy!

Big Warlock
12-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I think my pool has Jandy parts and no problems.

USCFAN
12-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Built our pool earlier this year and Jandy was highly recommeded by a good friend who is in that business. Have had zero problems.

Outnumbered
12-17-2007, 02:36 PM
I have a Jandy Aqua Link in-home control panel and I would highly recommend it. You can control all your equipment from in the house including lighting, spa, temps, pre-set spa heat time, etc, etc. It even has built-in freeze protection in case there is an odd-freeze. It will start the pumps and heat if you have it when the temp gets too low, even if you are not home and the system is on stand-by.
It the four years I have had it only a light dimmer went bad and they warrantied it just a few month ago.

BoatPI
12-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I have a Jandy automated system in my Havasu house. It is excellent and will even control the sprinklers, misters, and Malibu type lights. Get the 8 system so you have many options later for devices.

bead
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
With all equipment there is good and bad . Jandy filters & pumps suck. Aqua links are really nice, although i dont like the new salt systems that is incorperated with it .Heaters and valves are nice . the pumps are way to loud , but the baskets are huge .All equipment out there are close to the same price.Builders get better prices because they agree to use that sellers equip on all of their pools for a savings in their pocket book, not yours. Its usally not because its better equip. Now your warranties are better if you stay will all the same equipment . Usually 3 yrs..* personally I like Pentair for the filters and pumps ( FNS+ & Whisper-flo) , the heaters had a major problem w /exploding usally just after the warranty ran out . But I think they have reconstrucked a whole new heater which in turn fixed the problem*. (not sure though). Salt systems ,Goldline .remote systems, Jandy .both excelent. hope this helps . Pool tech( thats a poolman to most of you), not a Builder .i see all of these different kinds of equipment on a daily basis and I see what works the best with the least problems. this is jus my 2 cents. Some other guy might like sta-rite :idea:

BoatPI
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Bead, doesnt Pentair warranty for 10 years if the heater and filter are theirs? I know it is nearly double if you have booth.

INSman
12-17-2007, 06:24 PM
I have Pentair in my Havi salt pool and has been flawless with a bunch of goodies and remote capabilities.

bead
12-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Bead, doesnt Pentair warranty for 10 years if the heater and filter are theirs? I know it is nearly double if you have booth.nope 3 yrs as can remember . now the shell of the filter is warrantied for 10 ( upper & lower tank only). i had customers that had problems with their heaters after the warranty was up and they either fixed or replaced the heater at no charge. now this was shortly after the warranty was over , like a few months . not years.

mbrown2
12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Jandy for controls, but look at Sta Rite for Pumps and Filters..

Riverkid
12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
and Hayworth equipment. 2 pump failures (two golden retrievers) and they covered both under warranty... :eek:

rollin24/7
12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
thanks to all:D