PDA

View Full Version : Ballpark estimate on concrete in Southern California (Long Beach area)

Nubbs
04-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Hey all,
Does anybody know the going rate for concrete work in the Long Beach area? I want to pour a 30' x 50' slab at 6" deep in my backyard, but I'd like to get a ballpark cost to see if it's feasable right now.
Thanks
Nubbs

Mandelon
04-21-2008, 07:15 PM
6" is pretty thick. Are you parking big rigs on it???? So that's 1500 square feet. 28 cubic yards...should be like $3500 in mud at $125. I don't know LB prices.....plus labor and a pump if needed.
What's the prep need to be?
grading involved?
Lots of steel or none?
Tailgate or pumped? If so how far?
standard mix...or colored?
stamped or stained?
could be between 5 or 10 bucks a sq ft. More info gets a better estimate. :idea:
Prices sure have gone up for mud though......:(

Nubbs
04-21-2008, 08:59 PM
6" is pretty thick. Are you parking big rigs on it???? So that's 1500 square feet. 28 cubic yards...should be like $3500 in mud at $125. I don't know LB prices.....plus labor and a pump if needed.
What's the prep need to be?
grading involved?
Lots of steel or none?
Tailgate or pumped? If so how far?
standard mix...or colored?
stamped or stained?
could be between 5 or 10 bucks a sq ft. More info gets a better estimate. :idea:
Prices sure have gone up for mud though......:(
Thanks for the reply, but you're asking way too many questions.:D What I'd like to do is build a steel garage for motorhome parking. The big diesel pushers can weigh close to 30K lbs each. I thought 6" was common, but maybe I don't need that deep. Grading and prep is minimal. Standard mix. I'm not sure about steel. What do you recommend? No stamping or staining. It will most likely have to be pumped. Did I forget anything?
Thanks
Nubbs

Cas
04-21-2008, 09:25 PM
no idea about SoCal but the going price up here in NorCal for a standard 3" slab is $10. sf. That includes a rock base, wire mesh, concrete and finsher.