PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Dunes

Partycattin
03-07-2006, 07:11 PM
A guy at work wants to unload a time share at Havasu Dunes. I've never stayed there or even seen the place.
The timeshare is 2 weeks a year during prime time. He thinks it's a 1 bedroom pad.
Any feedback on the place? We usually stay at Queens Bay but have lost our connection there.
For the most part we just sleep at the places we stay and go out to eat while in Havasu.
Any info would be appreciated.

ThongMagnet
03-07-2006, 09:22 PM
I saw a timeshare on ebay not to long ago for the havasu dunes.

LHC Kirby
03-07-2006, 11:09 PM
One Bedroom - sleeps four and is small. 1 Bed and a sofa sleeper. You can rent at Havasu Dunes - Your friend is able to get "bonus time" that you can get in for about 65 bucks a night.
Beware - NO BOAT parking on site - and they do enforce it. They really don't even like the boat parked very long while you un-pack. One time - I was doing a repair - stereo related and the dude who enforces came by and I wa very nice to him, and he gave us no problems, let us work away as long as we STAYED with the boat.
They have "off-site" boat parking - ovver near Windsor..... so it is a hazzle to go back and forth, and secruity is a high fence with barbed wire and good lighting. But no on-site security for the boats.
any more questions feel free to E-mail me faekirby@yahoo.com

SnakeWrench
03-07-2006, 11:40 PM
We've stayed there many times. Kind of a bitch about the boat parking, but it works out well. Clean place and the people that run it now are very nice people.

BadKachina
03-08-2006, 06:21 AM
The place is nice and clean. If I remember right it has a kitchenette too. There is no boat parking as mentioned above. They have that fenced in lot by Windsor.

SnakeWrench
03-08-2006, 06:25 AM
We have never had any problems with the storage, in fact it works out great for us. Drop in at Winsor, wife drives back and picks up the straglers and we all meet in the channel. Like clockwork. They are walkin up when I hit the beach.

shueman
03-08-2006, 06:45 AM
There's always a bunch of HD time-shares for sale out there, seems like they were $2.5k-$5k....don't like the boat parking / restrictions.

Midlife Advantage
03-08-2006, 07:00 AM
They have 3 room types; 1BR mini with kitchenette, 1BR, and a 2BR. find out which it is and how much. dont pay more than 4K for a 1BR, 1 week, as a ruler. I paid about that 3 years ago. Nice place, and you can always get a room on bonus time, but its noisy and the lack of boat parking is a drag.

Partycattin
03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
I think he wants $2k. He thinks its a 1 bedroom and they get 2 weeks a year.
The deal would probably pay for itself during the 2nd season.
Do you drop you boat/trailer and then drive to Havasu Dunes? Is the boat lot within walking distance?
Thanks everyone for the info.

Kachina26
03-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Do you drop you boat/trailer and then drive to Havasu Dunes? Is the boat lot within walking distance?
Thanks everyone for the info.Pretty good deal for 2 weeks a year, most are only one week a year. I love the staff there and never had a hassle about having the boat on property for loading, unloading, waxing etc. for long periods of time. I may unload mine before too long as I built a house out there.
The boat lot is by Windsor and the Dunes is on the south side of town pretty much. No walking distance.

XtrmWakeborder
03-08-2006, 10:33 PM
My parents own there, and have owned it for years. Its very clean, and the boat parking can be kind of a pain. It use to be better when we would all just park the boats across the street, but oh well. I like the BBQ area by the pools and the jacuzzis after a long day th the lake.

shueman
03-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the info.
The Dunes is south of the bridge on LH Blvd maybe 1-2 miles.