PDA

View Full Version : Question: Are Boats covered while trailering?

PinkPearlCaptain
04-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm curious and haven't had much luck with the search functions. If I'm rear-ended by an uninsured motorist while towing my insured boat, will my insurance company cover the damage? Thanks in advance

Chip Lacy Racing Engines
04-24-2008, 04:20 AM
"The trailer flows with the tow vehicles insurance" when in tow is usually the norm I was told by our insurer.
Anything else the boats insurance will cover.

whited44
04-24-2008, 05:22 AM
The liability is covered by the tow vehicle but the physical damage would be covered by the boat's policy

Chico&Zeus
04-24-2008, 07:20 AM
I cover my boat when trailering...it keeps the dust and road grime out of the cockpit:D

Riomouse911
04-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Hmm. I don't cover the boat when towing, because I've seen too many boats with rub-spots where the canvas has rubbed the glass or metal..
But Allstate covers it when I'm on the road..:-)

hoolign
04-24-2008, 10:02 AM
I cover my boat when trailering...it keeps the dust and road grime out of the cockpit:D
Much as I do with my woman. :idea:

hkunz
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Hmm. I don't cover the boat when towing, because I've seen too many boats with rub-spots where the canvas has rubbed the glass or metal..
But Allstate covers it when I'm on the road..:-)
Yeah, we did that too. It's either watch the seats fly out on the side of the freeway, or find nasty little paint rubs when you pull the cover.

hkunz
04-25-2008, 02:28 PM
If I dont use a canvas cover, my boat will be covered with road grime. :eek:
Yeah, we get that nasty diesel spotting on the front, but it wipes off. Paint is harder to get back on....:rolleyes: