PDA

View Full Version : Vegas, Zion, Grand Canyon road trip advise wanted.

jbone
04-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Okay fellow ***boaters,
I'm planning a family road trip for mid to late June. Me, the wife, and two girls ages 6 and 7.
First stop Vegas baby! Just looking to hang out by the pool and see the sights. Not interested in gambling. I know, boring right. What hotel has a good pool for kids that is not too expensive? Any hookups??
Second stop, Zion. Never been ther before. We will have the popup tent trailer, so a campground is in order. Any recommendations on a campground that doesn't feel like camping in a parking lot. We like sites that allow some privacy and scenic beauty.
Last stop, Grand Canyon. Again, never been before. Like above, we would like to utilize the trailer. Any recommendations on a campground and what to do with young kids.
You guys have come through in the past, let the recommendations begin. Also, if there are "must see" locations on this route, let me know.
Thanks,
J

westair
04-26-2008, 12:30 PM
The Flamingo has 3 beautiful pools with water slides, perfect for kids and adults
also, very reasonable rates and right on the strip. Not the newest hotel but I think it was recently renovated.

jbone
04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Okay, change of plans. Just estimated the cost of towing the tent trailer 1350+ miles. The savings in gas by leaving it home and driving the caddy instead of the v-10 beast will almost pay for accomodations.
Sooooo, suggestions on where to stay at Zion and the Grand Canyon. Will be driving back to San Diego after the Canyon, So I'm guessing the South Rim is the place to go.
I booked the Excalibur in Vegas. Reviews said it was great for kids, and they just renovated the pool area. It looks great. I can cancel, so if anyone has first hand info on the Excalibur on why I shouldn't stay there, let me know.
Any input please.
J

ELVIS
04-26-2008, 04:02 PM
as far as the grand canyon try and book inside the park. there are a bunch of hotels just outside the park, it's a nicer stay in on the rim.