PDA

View Full Version : Apology to RiverDave!!!

Edit/Admin
04-28-2008, 03:10 PM
We have spoken to RiverDave today, because things ---- rumors and innuendos had escalated to a point where it was getting out of hand. The rumors circulating supposedly were started by a member of the Hot Boat Team.
These rumors called Dave's character and values into question along with misinformation about what HB Forums was trying to do to stop this.
We at Hot Boat know these rumors to be false. But once a rumor starts it hard to stop.
So from the entire Hot Boat Team, led by Darrin, we do extend our apologies for any misconception, and of course to clear Dave's name of any false or outlandish accusations.
In speaking with Dave today, we ALL agree that it is best to move forward with our lives / businesses, and work together (Darrin & Dave) on any future issues that may arise, to keep them from escalating to this point.
Once again to Dave of RiverDavesPlace.com our most sincere apologies! We have found you to be an honorable person.
Hot Boat On Line Administation
Darrin
Larry

Mohave Vice
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Very nice! The "Best" to both River Dave and HB.

RiverDave
04-28-2008, 03:17 PM
I would like to ask a favor from the membership as a whole.
I realize that some of you have an axe to grind, and some are just joking..
This deal has escalated to the point of out of control, and it's not just some internet joke. It is affecting peoples lives, reputations, businesses etc..
I realize that I can't "demand" that the membership behave one way or another, so I'll politely ask, if you would do a favor for me and just tone down the ***boat bashing, or better yet stop it all together, I would really appreciate it.
As of this point, speaking for all of us (Dave, Darrin, Larry, etc..) think it's better if we all just dropped it and moved forward with out lives. There's different message boards for everyone to enjoy. If you don't like this one, then don't post on it. If you don't like mine, then don't post on it. Simple as that.
I appreciate it,
RiverDave

Wet Dream
04-28-2008, 03:51 PM
How is anyone supposed to take any of this shtt seriously? RD, you now where I'm coming from with whats flying over at YOUR place, and this HB staff has been acted in the most childish ways and now you're asking that everyone be ok with all of this? Someone needs to up the meds. HB obviously got out of control as began staring legal issues in their face and is once again kissing ass. Will someone over here PLEASE get their BS out of the way, stop with the banning for stupid reasons, throw Larry out of the boards, bring some responsible mods back and get on with it.

RiverDave
04-28-2008, 04:01 PM
How is anyone supposed to take any of this shtt seriously? RD, you now where I'm coming from with whats flying over at YOUR place, and this HB staff has been acted in the most childish ways and now you're asking that everyone be ok with all of this? Someone needs to up the meds. HB obviously got out of control as began staring legal issues in their face and is once again kissing ass. Will someone over here PLEASE get their BS out of the way, stop with the banning for stupid reasons, throw Larry out of the boards, bring some responsible mods back and get on with it.
Wet Dream, lets just get back to the 3 B's.. Boating, Boobs, and Beer.
Summers here, and there's enough room on the web for everybody. There's not enough time in the day to hang onto the past. ;)
Peace in the hood guys.. I gotta go try and minimize the backlash on my own website.
RD

Wet Dream
04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Dave, I have to say that I honestly respect you and your position and not firing any cliche' words in this situation. We all backed you, RiverDavesPlace.com, and Performanceboats.com through all of this and have passionately been involved with whats happened to our names and what was once a community to a hell of a lot of people over here. There are a lot of members that got banned for just being associated or registered at RDP, and now you and HB are asking us to be ok with this and stop voicing any displeasure with the BS this staff has allowed in the last couple of weeks. I have a headache.

RiverDave
04-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Dave, I have to say that I honestly respect you and your position and not firing any cliche' words in this situation. We all backed you, RiverDavesPlace.com, and Performanceboats.com through all of this and have passionately been involved with whats happened to our names and what was once a community to a hell of a lot of people over here. There are a lot of members that got banned for just being associated or registered at RDP, and now you and HB are asking us to be ok with this and stop voicing any displeasure with the BS this staff has allowed in the last couple of weeks. I have a headache.
I am not asking you to be ok with it. I'm not saying that everything is all hunkydory, and just go back to the way it was.. I'm just asking, as a favor to me, if people could tone down a bit, or knock it off, between my board and here. That's all I'm asking. If you feel slighted, then don't post here. Post on my board, or PB or whever ya like.
RD

cc322
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Give him a Tshirt and everything will be ok :D seriously I cant believe how this thing has escalated, imo lifes to short, so I agree time to move on. After all its a freakin internet site :eek: ;)

Classic Daycruiser
04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Why can't you all get along and just get together and make one forum...yes share in the profit...losses, and make this easy on your members.
All you would have to do is link each of your websites forum icon's to one site... independently operated by riverdave LLC.
:idea: :eek: :idea: :jawdrop: :idea: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

gigamurph
04-28-2008, 04:45 PM
I haven't been following this fiasco too closely and have only a rudimentary idea of what's going on. BUT, if the two main parties can come clean and "mend their fences" and ask "us sheep" to let it go, I believe out of respect for their forthright attempt at "burying the hatchet", we should do just that; LET IT GO and move on! Like RD said; "The days are too short to hang onto the past." Besides; the 3 B's are way more fun!

thatguy
04-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I guess I was never involved enough to see what all the complaining is about. I do not have a business or finacial stake in HB or RDP. HB is and always has been a place for me to chat with good funny people. (And B&B! :D )
I do know that I have tried to register at RDP for 2 days with no luck. My screen name ( thatguy) won't go, already taken it said. No prob. I registered under "was thatguy". BUT, have yet to see my e-mail to complete my registration. Now I have no confirmation and can not log on at RDP. My pastime is just that. Boating and whan I am at work, visiting the boating community here. Is it really such a big deal? For some with a vested interest, sure. For the majority, it's just a website, for gods sake.
All my stuff is where I left it, I logged on no problems, and there is a good amount of familiar peeps still here.
What exactly am I missing here? It is a site that has owners, who can do what they want with it. I am not effected, so far at least.
Tommy

Nord
04-28-2008, 05:08 PM
RD SUX!:notam:

riverbound
04-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Lol

thatguy
04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
RD SUX!:notam:
Just knew that was coming!
Tommy

moneysucker
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Whatever the case may be, I for one am glad that ***boat is back up. For something that is paid for by a company to provide a free place for its members to hang out and BS there sure are a lot of complaints.
Cy

Sleeper CP
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Whatever the case may be, I for one am glad that ***boat is back up. For something that is paid for by a company to provide a free place for its members to hang out and BS there sure are a lot of complaints.
Cy
You get what you pay for :idea: :idea:
Thatguy, sorry I haven't seen you elsewhere I guess you have had a few issue's. BnB was asking about you the other day :jawdrop:
And I thought Dave was banned how is he posting :rolleyes:
Sleeper CP :D

yopengo
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
This is "NICE" and all but IMO you owe alot of people an apology not just RD
:idea:
:idea:

JetBoatRich
04-29-2008, 03:36 AM
Just wanted to tell Dave sorry as well:rolleyes:

thatguy
04-29-2008, 03:46 AM
You get what you pay for :idea: :idea:
Thatguy, sorry I haven't seen you elsewhere I guess you have had a few issue's. BnB was asking about you the other day :jawdrop:
And I thought Dave was banned how is he posting :rolleyes:
Sleeper CP :D
Hey sleeper,
There is a glitch with my log in. Dave should have it fixed soon, maybe today. My name will be "was thatguy", if all goes well.
Where is B&B lurking these days? I saw him here last week but then nothing.
Is he "over there"?
Tommy
Oh, BTW, no shotgun is neccesary, Val turned 18 the day of that picture. She is an, and I quote, "adult" now. Kids, they can sure be funny sometimes.

jackpunx
04-29-2008, 06:51 AM
He said ok.. but still does not want to talk to you directly:)

justfloatn
04-29-2008, 07:40 AM
:idea: I smell a lawsuit threat or a sponsorship opportunity.
One way or another there has to be money involved for RD to have a change of heart so quickly:devil:

warlock
04-29-2008, 08:33 AM
more Cowbell!!

RiverDave
04-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Do we have something going on that we need to talk about? Truthfully I can't remember..
:idea: I smell a lawsuit threat or a sponsorship opportunity.
One way or another there has to be money involved for RD to have a change of heart so quickly:devil:
No sponsorships.. There was some talk of going Legal on both sides, for various reasons. I doubt anything could ever materialize out of either. I talked to Darrin, and he seems like a reasonable guy.
The reality of it is this.. It's their business, and it's their site, they can run it however they see fit, with whomever they feel is qualified. The HB Bashing has gotten out of hand, people are doing somethings that are wwwaaayyy beyond what is called for. People are hating just to hate.
Why? Becuase they lost some post count on a message board?
This is a post that I made on my board earlier, that I think some should read about how out of hand things have gotten.
people are going by their booth yelling obscenities at them in front of little kids n what not. People are talking about vandalizing their rig.. There have been a few confrontations that have been quite "heated" at various shows etc.. Sooner or later someone is going to get hurt or worse? And while it's misguided, HB seems to think I'm responsible for all of it..
On top of which, so many people are reregistering for the sole purpose of board wars type stuff, they had to turn off any new members on their website..
At what point do you say.. "Hey you know what, I don't like what you did, but it is what it is" and move on with your life?
This thing has consumed my whole board with nothing but hate for them.. Not good times at the river, weekend pics, build pics, etc.. It's all threads about ***boat and how much they suck?
I'm not going to talk about the things that happened to me over the weekend..
I'll just say, that at the end of the day, when shit really hits the fan. You can call everyone including me "pussies" but your not the one that's going to be sitting there defending yourself against some frivolous lawsuit. Your not the one that's going to shell out, to counter sue, etc..
I talked to Darrin on the phone, and he ended up being a reasonable guy.. He laid out his complaints, I laid out my one compaint. He solved my complaint, so I told him I'd "ask" for people to leave them alone.
If you feel slighted by them, then by all means take it up with them?
But I can tell you.. They do not give a shit.. If you don't like them, **** you. They don't want you there. That's the bottom line. They are not trying to win people back. They don't care. They want a nice small website, dedicated to core enthusiasts, that are NOT poster's by nature, but rather boaters.
So if you don't fit that profile, then great.. Post here or on PB. But I can tell you, telling them to go **** themselves over and over again is like throwing rocks at a wall. They do not care.. Not even a little bit.
RD
Some of the actions of the board members isn't stand up river people kinda behavior.. There's some psycho's on the internet that are taking things to new levels of dumb. I don't need my name associated with that. I certainly don't need someone thinking they are doing me some favor, by making these peoples lives hell.
If you as a person have some complaint with HB, then by all means take it up with Larry, or whomever you have a problem with. I'm sure they will try to solve it, or they'll tell you to get lost. But at that point you gotta get over it and move on..
There's better things to do in life, then Hate on HB.
RD

Ara
04-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Here is the link to the "threatened" legal action. If you can call filing and serving someone "threatening"
***edited***
Get a life....
Somebody please edit his link.

thatguy
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Get a life....
Somebody please edit his link.
Let me guess, another rick roll?
Tommy

Chico&Zeus
04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
http://livingromcom.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/jerrymaguire.jpg
YOU HAD ME AT HELLO:D
Where did that sourpatch link come from again???.......oh yea, now I remember:devil: :jawdrop:

Mrs. 20
04-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I think it's cool you guys worked things out. This is all out of control.

hkunz
04-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Aw, come on, it was a little bit funny.... :rolleyes:
Although, it wouldn't have been if I opened it at work:mad:

BADBLOWN572
04-29-2008, 08:22 PM
thanks for filling in all the details, at east now we have the whole story :D
**remember, right click properties BEFORE you click a link** ;)
Yeah, but it was not the "rick roll" link. I don't go around memorizing all of the potentially harmful links on the internet. :confused:

riverroyal
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
where the riverroyal thread?:D

CB1
05-15-2008, 11:30 AM
River Dave is a Nerd..

riverbound
05-15-2008, 07:27 PM
River Dave is a Nerd..
I always thought of him as more of a Geek ;)

thatguy
05-16-2008, 09:10 AM
River Dave is a Nerd..
Not quite.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/RDpopemobilesp9.jpg

HCS
05-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice to see that ***boat forums is back to it's normal state.
Now all the other jackasses need to chime in!:D