PDA

View Full Version : Any DANA owners out there???

slingingsmoke
05-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Hey guys, I'm considering a purchase of a used 27' offshore DANA. I haven't been by the factory to see any of their build techniques yet. Can I get some input from you OWNERS out there. Particulary I'm looking for what kind of materials are used, how are the rattles/squeaks (if any). How does she handle chop? What speeds are you looking @ w/ an HO? Do they use fiberglass/plastic/or wood for seatbacks and dash?
any input and pics will help. Thanks.

work2play
05-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't have a 27. But Ilove my 23. It's as solid as a rock. The big waves of Lake Mead and Lake Powel don't bother it at all.

GRUNION
05-04-2008, 06:03 AM
I own a 27 and it rides better than anything I have been in deffinately the best v around. It also is a true 27 your not going to pay for 2 ft of swim step. Also the guys at Dana are great people. From what I understand mine was the second boat out of the mold in 94 and it still looks like a new boat.
here is a pic of mine.
http://grunionfabrication.com/Gallery/albums/album173/DSCN6997.jpg

GRUNION
05-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Mine is made a bit different inside so I am not sure with the materials and mine runs in the mid to low 80s with a prochargged 502. I should be able to sneak into the 90s when I have all my motor and drive issues ironed out. I would guees with a 496 it would be low 70s

Throttle
05-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I dated a girl named Dana. I know a girl named Dana. BTW, not the same girl, haha.

slingingsmoke
05-04-2008, 05:37 PM
I dated a girl named Dana. I know a girl named Dana. BTW, not the same girl, haha.
I married one named Deena. :D

lightnin
05-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I have a 23 ft Dana and have owned it since the end of 2000. It's been a great boat and is built very well! It's mostly been at the Lake Havasu and Colorado river area and has taken rough water very well and has no rattles or sqeaks!
As for being built, it is made of wood throughout with fiberglass reinformancement. Generally, a six ply wood was used. Seats were made out of plywood as well and resined to protect from weather.
Mine was one of the first boats when Tom Agerstig owned the company and since, they have really stepped up the interior, layout and accessories.
The current owner, as I understand it now own's all the molds and the boats are built in-house which is much better!
As for the 27ft., as for a V-Bottom boat, I've heard no complaints and everyone that I've talked to is very happy with them!
I recommend Dana because they're decent in price, reliable and the guys working there are great!

HOOTER SLED-
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm considering a purchase of a used 27' offshore DANA. I haven't been by the factory to see any of their build techniques yet. Can I get some input from you OWNERS out there. Particulary I'm looking for what kind of materials are used, how are the rattles/squeaks (if any). How does she handle chop? What speeds are you looking @ w/ an HO? Do they use fiberglass/plastic/or wood for seatbacks and dash?
any input and pics will help. Thanks.
Contact atomickitn.....Shoot, I forgot how to spell his screen name. :D He works for Dana. He can give you all the info you need. Or better yet......I think OG Shocker's 27 is still for sale. I just saw these two knuckleheads yesterday. I'm not sure if they post here much anymore. You can try RiverDavesplace.com or Riverchat.org. :D :D

Riverbass
05-05-2008, 08:26 AM
All your Dana's are to new we still have one of first dana's 1987 19' jet it still looks new and runs like new this is old school it was built when 21' boat on havasu was huge.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/srferjo/boats/IMG_0262.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/srferjo/River/100_1105.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/srferjo/River/100_0999.jpg

Chump Change
05-05-2008, 08:42 AM
What do you want know? There has been different ownership throughout the past few years so depending on the year, the owner of the company may have been different at the time. Layup was done by the same people until recently.
I have a 2004 27' Dana. Which one are you looking at? Mine? :D

slingingsmoke
05-05-2008, 11:04 AM
What do you want know? There has been different ownership throughout the past few years so depending on the year, the owner of the company may have been different at the time. Layup was done by the same people until recently.
2003 27' Offshore. Located in Havasu right now. Red/yellow Flames on WHite.

TCHB
05-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I have a friend with a couple year old 23 foot open bow with a 496 Mercury drive train. I have driven the boat and it is solid as a rock. I think he has about 300 hours on it and no conerns at all. If you want to talk to him let me.

Mrs.Racer277
05-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Contact atomickitn.....Shoot, I forgot how to spell his screen name. :D He works for Dana. He can give you all the info you need. Or better yet......I think OG Shocker's 27 is still for sale. I just saw these two knuckleheads yesterday. I'm not sure if they post here much anymore. You can try RiverDavesplace.com or Riverchat.org. :D :D
I can get you Phone #'s if you need them

ChumpChange
05-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Or Mine?:D