PDA

View Full Version : Selling a Boat, Any one having any luck?

Stilleto 24
05-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Hello to all, Has any one had any luck selling their boat? I have my Stiletto 24 up for sale for a while now. No luck...:( Well good luck to any one else selling. I do know there some great deals out there!
Just courious....

dm28magic
05-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Hello to all, Has any one had any luck selling their boat? I have my Stiletto 24 up for sale for a while now. No luck...:( Well good luck to any one else selling. I do know there some great deals out there!
Just courious....
Good Luck with the sale.... i had my advantage up for sale for a while too and i gave up selling it than a week later it was sold.... it was werid..... than we brought your magic.... so hang in there and it will be sold..... theres buyers out there. their just scared to buy anything big these days

Stilleto 24
05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Good Luck with the sale.... i had my advantage up for sale for a while too and i gave up selling it than a week later it was sold.... it was werid..... than we brought your magic.... so hang in there and it will be sold..... theres buyers out there. their just scared to buy anything big these days
Thank you for the encouragement. Glad to here the market is not totally dead. A few years back I sold my Jet boat in 3 days! and two guys actully up bid the boat!. Those days are gone.
With the housing market and elections everything has seemed to have ground to a halt.
Well best of luck with your new boat.
Post a Pic of your new boat!

jbtrailerjim
05-06-2008, 04:05 PM
It's a real tough market right now. Spring is here and boating season is just kicking off. Now is the time to sell. Make somebody a sweet deal if you really want to sell your boat. If not, you'll be sitting on it through next year and selling it for less than you would have taken for it this year.
I sold my Ultra back in January. It took me about two months to sell it. If it's clean, and priced right it will sell. When I say priced "right" I mean cheaper than most other comparable boats. People are are still buying (not nearly as many) but they are still out there. Most are looking for a bargain. You also have to be realistic. Your boat is not worth anything what it was a year or two ago. The values have dropped substantially over the last year. The days of all of us buying new boats and selling them four or five years later for almost what we paid for are over for now (maybe forever). :jawdrop:

IT'SONLYMONEY
05-06-2008, 05:05 PM
had the 27' advantage for sale for almost 8 months. finally a real nice guy came and got her. bad thing though, i lost 5k out of pocket and 5k in stereo last season. it's at havazoo, the new owners are great people, treat them good. good luck to every one else, the market is dead.

slowinhavasu
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
NOPE, Still have my 30 spectre, now trying to get a trade plus cash......;)

BadKachina
05-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I sold mine in about 2 weeks in December. As soon as I put it in the trader with the correct phone number and on Craigs List I had three people making offers.
Price is everything. I priced mine lower than anything comparable and it was immaculate. One guy told me he looked at a boat 4 years newer than mine that was so dirty he would be embarrassed to pull it behind his truck. How the hell do people not know how to present something?

tcook33
05-07-2008, 03:43 AM
I had my 26 Howard Cat for sale for about a year. Finally sold it a couple weeks ago. Took a massive hit though.....:confused:

Stilleto 24
05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
It's a real tough market right now. Spring is here and boating season is just kicking off. Now is the time to sell. Make somebody a sweet deal if you really want to sell your boat. If not, you'll be sitting on it through next year and selling it for less than you would have taken for it this year.
I sold my Ultra back in January. It took me about two months to sell it. If it's clean, and priced right it will sell. When I say priced "right" I mean cheaper than most other comparable boats. People are are still buying (not nearly as many) but they are still out there. Most are looking for a bargain. You also have to be realistic. Your boat is not worth anything what it was a year or two ago. The values have dropped substantially over the last year. The days of all of us buying new boats and selling them four or five years later for almost what we paid for are over for now (maybe forever). :jawdrop:
I have mine up with "OBO" behind it, Not much luck I am willing to take a some what of a hit but I had one person offer me 19K, :jawdrop: I respectfully declined his offer. Looks like I might have this for a while. It is true boat values are in the tank.
Best of luck to any one else selling.

hkunz
05-09-2008, 12:44 PM
We've had our 23' Cheetah up for sale since last summer, the only offers were from folks overseas who wanted us to take a check for more than the asking price and rebate it.... the whole scam thingie:mad: