PDA

View Full Version : California Jet Boats

joekidd
05-08-2008, 07:52 PM
What is the opinion of California jet boats? Are they good hulls? What do you think?

justfloatn
05-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Do you mean California Performance known as CP hulls??
If you are asking about CP hulls I know they are a fast jet. Some of them are a very light layup that you can't even walk on the deck without breaking it and it shakes like a bowl of jello under way. They did make some heavier layup hulls. I heard they made a certan model that liked to make left turns and spit drivers out. Just a rumor, no details on that.
About 10 to 12 years ago a few friends I hung-out with had jet boats. Eliminator bubble, a Wright and a Miller all with built motors and a Eliminator scorpion with a 800Hp blower motor. One of the group purchased a old P.O.S. CP hull. He stuck a basily stock 454 with a RV cam and tunnel ram in it and smoked everyone, but the Eliminator with the blower motor, by a good 5+ MPH.
I wanted a CP or Daytona for a while but went with a Sanger Hydro instead:D

Mrs.Racer277
05-11-2008, 01:26 PM
What is the opinion of California jet boats? Are they good hulls? What do you think?
You need to ask this question in the Jets section. From what I understand it is THE hull to have. :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Cp's are great hulls but they are on the high side$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. if you can find one cheap then jump on it. Like mentioned above, the tunnels have a tendancy to turn left. If you get a gullwing they are probablly the quickest hulls out of the gate. ask you questions in the Jet tech section and you will get alot of replies;)
Spitter(1980 sunkisst gullwing owner)

Mrs.Racer277
05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Cp's are great hulls but they are on the high side$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. if you can find one cheap then jump on it. Like mentioned above, the tunnels have a tendancy to turn left. If you get a gullwing they are probablly the quickest hulls out of the gate. ask you questions in the Jet tech section and you will get alot of replies;)
Spitter(1980 sunkisst gullwing owner)
Geeeee why didn't I think of that :rolleyes: ;)