PDA

View Full Version : Pier Crasher

SUPRAGIRL
06-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I NEED HELP..:confused: TWICE NOW I HAVE RAN INTO THE PIER WHEN COMING BACK INTO SHORE AFTER IDLING DOWN OR PUTTING THE BOAT INTO REVERSE. THIS HAPPENS AFTER RUNNING A FEW GOOD SLALOM RUNS AND ALSO AFTER PULLING THE KIDS AROUND FOR AN HOUR OR SO. IT RUNS JUST GREAT BUT THEN AFTER IT GETS HOT :idea: , IT WILL CUT OUT AFTER IT HAS IDLED DOWN FOR A SECOND OR TWO OR WHEN PUT INTO REVERSE. IT THEN WON'T START AGAIN UNTIL IT HAS COOLED DOWN. USUALLY TAKES ABOUT 20 MINUTES. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?

Mandelon
06-21-2008, 04:17 PM
does it have a temp gauge? If it heats up as you describe its likely the impeller. Have you had it serviced lately.

IT'SONLYMONEY
06-23-2008, 09:44 AM
you might want to add a sea strainer if you boat in sandy water as well. this will help with the overheating and over all wear and tear on your ride.

Mandelon
06-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Maybe vapor lock on the fuel lines? If the fuel gets too hot in the lines it vaporizes and the fuel pump can't move it along to the engine. Maybe re route the lines, or replace the fuel pump?
Sheesh, I'm just makin shit up here... :D :rolleyes: :D

GATOR HATER
06-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Same thing happend to me.I had to replace my thermostat.
Boat would run good for a little while untill it got hot.The t-stat would get
stuck in the closed position. Now all is well!

Baja Big Dog
06-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I couldnt here you any chance YOU COULD YELL!!!!:D :D :D

FOXMAN
06-25-2008, 08:09 PM
I couldnt here you any chance YOU COULD YELL!!!!:D :D :D
Maybe you need a HEREING aid??? :D

SUPRAGIRL
06-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Maybe vapor lock on the fuel lines? If the fuel gets too hot in the lines it vaporizes and the fuel pump can't move it along to the engine. Maybe re route the lines, or replace the fuel pump?
Sheesh, I'm just makin shit up here... :D :rolleyes: :D
ACTUALLY...VAPOR LOCK MAKES THE MOST SENSE HERE. ANOTHER THING THAT WAS SUGGESTED WAS... IS THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT STAYING COOL ENOUGH? AFTER SOMEONE HAD ASKED THIS QUESTION, IT DAWNED ON ME THAT I HAD NOT BEEN RUNNING THE BLOWERS AS MUCH AS I USE TO SEEING HOW I WAS TRAILING THE BOAT INSTEAD IT SITTING IN THE WATER. WHY I DIDN'T THINK I NEEDED TO DO THAT IS BEYOND ME. :rolleyes: ANYOO, CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT. THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTIONS AND I WILL TRY TO POST BACK RESULTS AFTER THIS WEEKEND. THAT IS IF IT EVER QUITS RAINING :cry: DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THESE SMILEY FACES :)

Mandelon
06-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Raining? its 112* out here!