PDA

View Full Version : New Stereo System

79 HUSTLER
03-08-2006, 06:09 PM
I need to get going on a system for the boat. I have a 29 cat closed bow this has no audio at all. I would like some imput as to what you guys would chose if this were your setup. We listen to some of everything at the river so I want something that will work for all music. I have plenty of room in the boat and would like to know what you think would be a great system. I have been looking at lots of JL subs (w6's&7's) but that is as far as I have gotten. Not looking to stay in any budget just looking for something that sounds great and nice and loud.
Thanks, Kelly

shadow
03-08-2006, 07:10 PM
I just have one word. "KRACO" :D
You ought to be able to get some good advise between Roz,Riverbound,
Havasu Hangin & Shockwavebob.
$5 says HH & SWB start bickering.Good luck with your system.

79 HUSTLER
03-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I just have one word. "KRACO" :D
You ought to be able to get some good advise between Roz,Riverbound,
Havasu Hangin & Shockwavebob.
$5 says HH & SWB start bickering.Good luck with your system.
Thanks, I hope I can get some good info as I really do not know where to start anymore.

shadow
03-08-2006, 08:10 PM
No bickering from me. I've decided that HH's method of not sealing the sub to the enclosure is actually easier for me. :D :D
OK then, now give up some advise for 79's System. :)

79 HUSTLER
03-08-2006, 09:37 PM
The limit is your imagination and your pocketbook. Your pocketbook appears to be unlimited. :D There's a ton of good equipment out there, it's not hard to put together a solid system. Maybe some interior pics of the boat would help start the ball rolling. Or just write me a blank check and I'll hook it up. :D :D :D
I'll try to get some int. pics next week. Well, lets say I gave you a blank check and said go to town, what do you think you would do :idea: :idea:
I appreciate any help, I know the easy thing to do is take it to someone, but I like to do my own stuff, thats how we all learn right. I would like to make the boxes and rig/wire everything then turn it over to a pro (like yourself :) ) to finetune the whole system.
Thanks KELLY

79 HUSTLER
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM
And, think outside the box a little. Don't look at a 10" space and think "OK, I can fit one 6.5" midrange in that spot." Look at that space and think "Hey, with a little creativity, I can wrap a pod around this spot and put three 6.5s."
The real key is to decide up front what you want to do, everything, how many speakers, how many amps, where are the amps going, do I want XM or Sirius, do I want IPOD, how am I going to charge, how many batteries, etc. Every little question that you can think of before you ever touch the install. Draw it on paper a million times, but get it all down before hand. It will make the process go 100 times smoother, like anything else in life, proper planning is almost as important as proper execution.
Thanks for the info. I really enjoyed watching your build up and tried to make notes of everything. You should see how many pages of stuff I have trying to figure all this stuff out. I don't think I put this much though into building my motor and entire boat. As soon as I get more info (alot more) I will list all the parts so all you pros can give me some opinions.
Thanks for your time and help
KELLY

Phat Matt
03-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Remember speaker placement makes a big difference. Put them as high as you can or angle them.

TOBTEK
03-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Remember speaker placement makes a big difference. Put them as high as you can or angle them.
what do you know KRACO MAN ? :) Take Matt's advice, his system is a floating night club! VERY IMPRESSIVE :)

Phat Matt
03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
what do you know KRACO MAN ? :) Take Matt's advice, his system is a floating night club! VERY IMPRESSIVE :)
lol. Speaker placement can ever make KRACO sound good. Just ask me. :D
http://wwwsales.net/kraco/1717.jpg

79 HUSTLER
03-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the info. I will def. post some pics before I start cutting to try and get the best placement.
KELLY

teamaquaholicks
03-12-2006, 08:09 PM
kelly
i'm not trying to side bust on your question. however, i have a similar question for the guys.
since no one seems to have an advantage with a system on the boards, i was wondering what to do as well. and if any one had picts or knew of some one i could talk to about hooking up an 27 victory open bow.
i'm going with all audiobahn marine 6.5's with the horns, four pair, and the bass and powere will be all orion. two 12's with a total of about 2000 true rms running the whole system. the 12's i assume will go under the back seat in a fiberglass enclosure.
any words of wisdom would be highly appreciated.
thanks
chuck
hm email chknlolo@sbcglobal.net or just pm me thanks