PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Question...

ddevore
08-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Why does each cover have girls, girls girls on it? Their are approximately 2 pages dedicated to girls now... I never subscribed to look at the ladies, but why advertise girls girls girls on the cover then have 2 pages?? Most every magazine has more ladies advertising things and don't mention it. Just one irritating thing about the new format - besides the post office tearing each new wide format magazine because their not in an envelope...

hkunz
08-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, i noticed that too. Just put the girls on the boats like it's a natural thing...

ddevore
08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
yeah, or just rid of the page of girls and remove it from the cover... To me it seems their advertising something special, they should say ads ads ads and point to their deteriorating sponsors in the back!

Throttle
08-15-2008, 08:27 PM
yeah, or just rid of the page of girls and remove it from the cover... To me it seems their advertising something special, they should say ads ads ads and point to their deteriorating sponsors in the back!
sad but kinda funny

twocents
08-16-2008, 08:53 AM
This is one topic that will never get a unanimous vote -- too many girls, not enough girls, why all the ugly girls, etc., etc., etc. From what I know, girls on the covers of boating magazines are primarily there to help increase potential newsstand sales. A good looking woman on the cover of a magazine definitely encourages a male to pick-up a magazine off the rack and buy it. And boating magazines, especially those in high performance realm, really need as much going for them as possible in order to generate newsstand sales. In reality, any of the high performance boating magazines are barely able to generate a 20% to 25% monthly on sale rate -- that doesn't even cover the cost of printing the extra magazines and the distribution. The main reason for putting the magazine on the newsstand is to give a little boost to paid circulation so the ad rates can go up. From what I'm seeing the last few months, the high performance boating magazines are all trying to find their niche in this down-turn economy. Performance Boating is by far the most blatant in using woment to sell their 2 print issues so far. Hot Boat has toned it down several notches compared to where it was 12 months ago under the old LFP regime. Powerboat Magazine as never been a "skin" book and probably never will. Even Extreme Boats has dropped their "model of the month" feature. Looks to me like everybody has some choices to make.

grads2112
08-16-2008, 09:41 AM
And then performance boats goes and puts a girl on the cover so big that you can't even tell what kind of magazine it is.:confused: I want a boating magazine...if I want tits I'll buy a real skin mag.

wolf
08-16-2008, 04:12 PM
And then performance boats goes and puts a girl on the cover so big that you can't even tell what kind of magazine it is.:confused: I want a gay magazine.one with lots of guys..if I want tits I'll buy a real skin mag.
Fixed it for you.

grads2112
08-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Fixed it for you.
Hilarious:rolleyes:

ParkerSteve
08-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Two Cents your right , but if I went to the river and all I saw was men (boys) with big boats, I say I would'nt go back. I say. two girls in every boat, A;) s far as the Magazine, I see a lota boats I cant own and a lota girls I'll never kiss, but give me both..

ddevore
08-17-2008, 08:20 AM
I understand why they toned it down and that's totally fine. It just does not make sense to put girls, girls girls on every cover then have nearly no girls...

wolf
08-17-2008, 09:25 AM
And then performance boats goes and puts a girl on the cover so big that you can't even tell what kind of magazine it is.:confused: I want a boating magazine...if I want tits I'll buy a real skin mag.
Your just mad because this is the only forum that hasn't banned you yet for acting like an ass clown. You have a grudge against PB so you'd come up with anything. If they didn't have any girls on it you'd complain. Too many girls, you'd complain. Just enough girls and you'd complain. If HB banned you you'd start complaining about that.
Maybe you should just subscribe to Playgirl so that you can finally get a magazine with the content you want.

grads2112
08-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Your just mad because this is the only forum that hasn't banned you yet for acting like an ass clown. You have a grudge against PB so you'd come up with anything. If they didn't have any girls on it you'd complain. Too many girls, you'd complain. Just enough girls and you'd complain. If HB banned you you'd start complaining about that.
Maybe you should just subscribe to Playgirl so that you can finally get a magazine with the content you want.
nice first 2 posts stalker.

rshrp2003
08-17-2008, 11:03 AM
They have to do somthing if they can't sell their magazine

riverracerx
08-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Which magazine is everyone talking about here? I have all of the Hot Boat mags and I don't see too much "girls" on the cover. Check them here: http://***boat.com/monthly_features.php
Performance Boats, which I also read, did have a huge pic of a girl on the cover in their last edition. I didn't quite get why, but I like the inside of the mag nonetheless.