PDA

View Full Version : Which 6.5 components to get?

Blueduck
03-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Focal 165v
Diamond Audio D661
Alpine Spx-177r
What do you guys think.... :rollside:

ROZ
03-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Tough choice, really... go with what sounds best to you... I ordered a pair of the Alpines for a customer who has since never called back. It was an insurance dealio, so I never took a deposit for them. The speakers are just sitting in my old inventory. If you like them, you'd be doing the guy that is still there a favor by buying them.... He'll give you a good price to get rid of product they don't stock.. I can pm his number if you want..
Chris

TOBTEK
03-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Im a HUGE fan of the Fo-Cal's! Had them in my last boat, have two sets of the 165 K2 three way systems in the new boat, and have the K2 two way systems in the Rhino. It would be tought to find a cleaner sounding system IMO. Dont forget about the quaility of your amps as well, that will make a difference. If you ever want to check out either of my systems, let me know. Good Luck either way you go.....Tobtek
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135almost_1_retouched.jpg
just your basic boat install :)

Phat Matt
03-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Im a HUGE fan of the Fo-Cal's! Had them in my last boat, have two sets of the 165 K2 three way systems in the new boat, and have the K2 two way systems in the Rhino. It would be tought to find a cleaner sounding system IMO. Dont forget about the quaility of your amps as well, that will make a difference. If you ever want to check out either of my systems, let me know. Good Luck either way you go.....Tobtek
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135almost_1_retouched.jpg
just your basic boat install :)
Man I love the way that looks. :cool:

BadKachina
03-09-2006, 07:10 PM
All three are good quality speakers, sounds like Roz has a good price on the Alpines. I've used the mid level Focal's and the Mid level Diamond Audio's and had real good success, haven't heard the Type R mids but I love the Type R subs.

TP121
03-09-2006, 08:08 PM
How about MTX, Audiobahn, or Polk 6.5's?
Audiobahn makes a really nice marine set of 6.5's and 6X9's but I have never actually heard them. Found out about those on another forum.
The Polks I hear are real nice, too.

Phat Matt
03-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks. ;)
I saw it is person last month and it looks sweet.

Blueduck
03-10-2006, 05:34 AM
Is there any issue with speakers that dont have Alum dome....I was told that Silk dome absorb water??? Some manufacture dont say what theres is...for example Alpine X series dont!

BadKachina
03-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Is there any issue with speakers that dont have Alum dome....I was told that Silk dome absorb water??? Some manufacture dont say what theres is...for example Alpine X series dont!
Are we talking a drop of water every now and then or are we talking submerging your speakers? Just make an effort to keep them dry and you'll be ok. Don't bring squirt guns (super soakers, whatever) to the lake and don't park next to other people that are shooting them. Squirt guns aren't cool...............Nothing worse than cruising through the channel and having some asshole squirt your interior as you go by.

TOBTEK
03-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Are we talking a drop of water every now and then or are we talking submerging your speakers? Just make an effort to keep them dry and you'll be ok. Don't bring squirt guns (super soakers, whatever) to the lake and don't park next to other people that are shooting them. Squirt guns aren't cool...............Nothing worse than cruising through the channel and having some asshole squirt your interior as you go by.
man, id be pissed if some CLUELESS homo hosed us down and jacked up my speakers.....some people are just plain lame.

BoatFloating
03-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Since I'm on like my 6th boat I've tried a few speakers too. So far I'm really happy with the JL 6.5 VR's. I also have their 6x9's under hatch. They play hard and last. Few of the other speakers I've tried and liked MB's, Polk, Focal and Eclipse. The Ecliose just couldn't handle more than 2 years of my abuse though. :mad: :rollside:
6x9's in action
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3708DSC02946-med.JPG

Phat Matt
03-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Just throw your hands up and yell "Stereo", it's always worked for me.
I have had to do that a few times. The worst was when I was parked in the channel and some jackass in a jet boat was trying to throw some water on some people standing in the channel by my boat and ended up hosing us down in the boat with his pump. I had to take the grills off and dry everything. :mad:
Some people will never get it.

BADASS38CHEVY
03-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Thats when a paint ball gun comes in handy.

Jesster
03-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Thats when a paint ball gun comes in handy.
That would definitely do it. :crossx: :crossx: :cry: