PDA

View Full Version : New confirmed Havasu channel & misc info

Todd969
08-21-2008, 06:51 AM
CONFIRMED
Lastnite a couple of Bridgewater channel updates were announced by the Police dept and Park & Recs.
LHCPD
1) The max boat length of 36' will be removed
2) Two new rest/storage buildings will be built for Police and Fire personel, with this also comes the strong possibility of external water lines for rinse off showers along the channel. The building at the southeast end ( near Rotary Park ) will have public restrooms. The other building is located near the Dog park restrooms.
Park & Recs
1) Another 800' of seawall will begin mid September. This will take it to the swimming area Island side south exit.
Changes include:
Pushing it back to the 451' mark to allow for more beach parking when the lake is up.
Three access openings to get up to the sidewalk.
The sandbar/wash run off at the southeast end of the channel will be cleaned up, but that may not happen until early next spring.
STATE PARKS
State Parks anounced Windsor is getting DOCK help,BUT he needs 34K to get a matching 100K grant.
Tim who manages Windsor knows the docks need help and is commited to replacing and extending them before next spring. He showed a proposal to the LHCMA, City and many residents and it was well received. The new docks would accomodate boats up to 40'. Also noted was a new breakwater wall to ease launching and retrieving and docks only at the Windsor 4 beach.
Tim is looking for private contributions to make it happen. If you would like more info he can be contacted at 928-855-2784
Last big TWO....
The Contact Point marina is moving forward! There's an impact study being done right now. This takes approx 8 months to complete. The concensus is construction could start as early as Fall next year, no exact date until next year.
Starting this fall The Chemehuevi Indian Tribe and LHCMA are placing trash bags on poles ( kinda like restroom towel dispensers) on many of the lakes beaches. There is a huge lake clean-up effort going on. The pictures of the last clean up are pretty disgusting!:mad: Pack it in PACK IT OUT.
That's all for now.
Todd

540 Cheetah
08-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the update, some positive happening.

westair
08-21-2008, 09:05 PM
How big of boat would you want to take through the channel on a crowed day.... 36'+ , I guess people just get out of your way!

jetboat jeff
08-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Good People Need To Pick Up There Trash The Lake Is Getting Bad

Gotta Produce
08-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the informative news. What do you know about docks being installed in front of the heat hotel.
Thanks

nextasex
09-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks Todd!!!
Frank

HDF WATERDOG
09-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Has anybody noticed the new "Welcome to Paradise" signs. Immediatly followed by Zero Tolerance sign, then all the rules and reg's of things forbidden.

Hardly Satisfied
09-17-2008, 12:42 PM
great news

pvhca
09-17-2008, 03:14 PM
It's pretty bad when you see so much trash floating in Havasu or on it's beaches. I'm very glad we chose to move up river to Needles area for our vacation home. I remember back in the 80's at the landing and then later in the early 90's on the Island or at our home in the city there was never a trash problem. I feel it's up to everyone that visits Havasu to make sure the guilty ones are pointed out to the LEO's so that a few large fines will discourage this from becoming a major issue.

HDF WATERDOG
09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
I thought 1st offense for littering was already at $1000. Just gotta get them to inforce it.

HDF WATERDOG
09-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Construction co. started on the sea wall last Monday. Said to be done with it in 3 months.

Todd969
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Has anybody noticed the new "Welcome to Paradise" signs. Immediatly followed by Zero Tolerance sign, then all the rules and reg's of things forbidden.
That will be corrected very soon. The new sign is being prepared.
:D

westair
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
That will be corrected very soon. The new sign is being prepared.
:D
What is the new sign? ... a friendlier no tolerance sign?

HDF WATERDOG
09-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Well that, and it needs to be bigger to support the automatic missle launcher that's connected to the db meter and radar gun.

Todd969
09-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Completely redesigned to match the other wellcome signs.
The zero tolerance wording is being removed.

HALLETT BOY
09-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Todd !
What's happening ? perhaps something to consider would be the vandalism and
theft to tourists ( like me ) boats while visiting Havasu ....not only me , but some of my friends have been hit while in town ...perhaps the PD should put a little more effort into this problem and let the tourists and part - timers aware of their efforts....It's hard to relax and sleep at night in your hotel room worried about some scum-bag ravaging your boat in the parking lot...I've also read on numerous forums , the thefts of everything and anything being stolen .We know that Needles is the meth capitol, but how about Havasu PD stepping up to the plate and fighting this issue...when we as tourists and part timers feel comfortable and safe in Havasu, we'll come back again and again...

HavasuFSBO
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Completely redesigned to match the other wellcome signs.
The zero tolerance wording is being removed.
Different than this sign? This was new not to long ago.

Todd969
09-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Different than this sign? This was new not to long ago.
The upper portion is to be redone or removed..... It wasn't made clear which was going to happen.

Todd969
09-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi Todd !
What's happening ? perhaps something to consider would be the vandalism and
theft to tourists ( like me ) boats while visiting Havasu ....not only me , but some of my friends have been hit while in town ...perhaps the PD should put a little more effort into this problem and let the tourists and part - timers aware of their efforts....It's hard to relax and sleep at night in your hotel room worried about some scum-bag ravaging your boat in the parking lot...I've also read on numerous forums , the thefts of everything and anything being stolen .We know that Needles is the meth capitol, but how about Havasu PD stepping up to the plate and fighting this issue...when we as tourists and part timers feel comfortable and safe in Havasu, we'll come back again and again...
Howdy Gordon,
The good news is this has been discussed already. Currently the LHCPD is doing everything they can to ensure visitors have a safe vacation. Like any other city "things" will happen and you can't get the bad guys all the time.
:)

Todd969
09-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Sign is fixed
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/DSC00884.jpg

HDF WATERDOG
09-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Sign is fixed
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/DSC00884.jpg
Can't read a word it says but the general appearance is certainly more friendly. How about a close-up for those that can't go see it. I'll see it Sunday.

Todd969
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Can't read a word it says but the general appearance is certainly more friendly. How about a close-up for those that can't go see it. I'll see it Sunday.
Sorry, It was a last minute picture when we past.
All the zero tolerence stuff is gone.

riverracerx
09-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I have zero tolerance for blurry pictures! :D

HDF WATERDOG
09-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I have zero tolerance for blurry pictures! :D
Me either, so I decided to head back out just to take my own.

Todd969
09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Alright, here's a closeup
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/DSC01015.jpg

Todd969
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
First phase of new wall
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/DSC00881.jpg
:)

HDF WATERDOG
10-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Can't believe they took the trees out. that sucks.

HDF WATERDOG
10-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Alright, here's a closeup
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/DSC01015.jpg
Looks like the "no nudity" is missing. Somebody call them on this.