PDA

View Full Version : Black/White on FX

a catered life
03-09-2006, 07:25 AM
did any one watch it last night? what were your thoughts?

JetBoatRich
03-09-2006, 07:26 AM
Missed it, tell me more :rolleyes:

a catered life
03-09-2006, 07:43 AM
i thought it was full of bull and a cheap way to get ratings...their playing the race card and playing it bad...but with the way society is today it might become a high rated show

a catered life
03-09-2006, 10:06 AM
ACL...You have to know the race card is going to be played. It is there from the get go in the title and so forth. On both sides.
Does it cause more of a split in races? Does it get people to think? If more of the latter than I think it is good.
i felt they were playing the race card so their (FX) reality show would be totally different from most of the shows nowadays...i do agree with you the white girl painted black did look better and her father thinks the world is full of great people and if you treat them nice they will treat you the same.....the show is lacking one major thing they should have had both families go through the same steps in their normal colors and then with the paint that way we would have something to compare......example the interview at the bar for the job i would have loved to see him interviewed last week as the black guy and then the following week as the white guy...all in all the show may get popular due to its nature

a catered life
03-14-2006, 07:00 AM
well dilligaf looks like the dam show was a hit it rated the number one show EVER on fx and pulled in over 4 million viewers guess ice cube knows where to put his money

a catered life
03-14-2006, 07:07 AM
I heard today he is going to make a new Welcome Back Kotter (sp?). He knows how to "pimp" the system I guess :)
yea i heard it this morning also i quess someone gotta do the pimping

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-14-2006, 08:04 AM
I fell asleep while watchig it. I actually wanted to see the show to she how ther people think. I know they had to play the race card. Im going to watch the rest of it the wednesday and she what goes on.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

a catered life
03-14-2006, 09:43 AM
the show is decent to me but i guess america is very instrested since they got that many viewers

meaniam
03-14-2006, 10:28 AM
the black guy really is hung up on, the whitie is a racist thing. people move over as being polite.sales comming up to you within the first 5mins their doing their job. and if you goto a golf club in beverly hills and go there and buy shoes they will service you black or white. me being white have heard the reverse racial slurs and profiles. it has pissed me off once or twice at like the age of 12 but i got the phuck over it. they should to. the white lady is a dumb ass. maybe to protected all her life but she should not have been casted. this show sucks a$$. unfortunatly it will proably make it.
dont get me wrong dennys still discriminates.or maybe they just have horrible service all together. but you will not see str8 disrespect