PDA

View Full Version : CINGULAR How good is it in HAVASU

Kilrtoy
03-09-2006, 08:23 AM
I had cingular before , but how good is it in havasu and in the desert on the way to havasu on the 10 fwy and rice road.......
Dont care about anywhere else.
Thanks

NOTALENT
03-09-2006, 08:27 AM
My mom has it. It work's everywhere....the only cell phone that works in Hill Crest Bay (Parker). They have some awesome Cell sites out there.

Brewzed
03-09-2006, 08:41 AM
I get decent service around Havasu, sometimes I have to float out of copper to the buoy line to get service there. Works in the channel and sandbar fine.
I drive out the 40 and get service 90% of the way (internet too). Don't know about rice road, but works well on the 10 going to Phoenix.

waterwitch
03-09-2006, 08:45 AM
My parents have it, they can't get service at the
house,(up top by McCulloch's house) and most everywhere
else they don't as well.
When out of town, it's clear. (they were former AT&T customers
so I don't know if that makes a difference)
We have sprint, and always have 5 bars, just hate dealing with the
sprint express store. They suck! Good Luck in your decision.

Kilrtoy
03-09-2006, 08:47 AM
My parents have it, they can't get service at the
house,(up top by McCulloch's house) and most everywhere
else they don't as well.
When out of town, it's clear. (they were former AT&T customers
so I don't know if that makes a difference)
We have sprint, and always have 5 bars, just hate dealing with the
sprint express store. They suck! Good Luck in your decision.
OH NO, that is not good....
but that is what I wanted to hear.....
Dont know where McCullochs house is....

Biglue
03-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Dont know if you would consider Nextel. It works great through all of Havasu, including on the water. Fades out on Rice road, parts of the 40 as well. Little bit of a trade off from what WW mentioned I suppose.

waterwitch
03-09-2006, 08:57 AM
OH NO, that is not good....
but that is what I wanted to hear.....
Dont know where McCullochs house is....
McCulloch's house is the one at the top of the city on the
hill. I was just referring to that, as a NO signal zone. When
thier phones aren't working in Walmart, or wherever, they always
ask for mine. Sprint. (beware of the woman at the sprint express
store. They are evil!)
but they do have rollover..... :rollside:

Sun burners
03-09-2006, 08:57 AM
I HAVE ONE MORE LONG WEEK WITH CINGULAR LEFT! :mad:

riverracerx
03-09-2006, 08:59 AM
I just switched to from Nextel back to Cingular (after 3 years). I hope it works good in havasu??
I just got two new RAZR phones. (1 pink and 1 black) for FREE. Let me know if you are looking for a good deal on a new plan.

djunkie
03-09-2006, 09:24 AM
My Cingular works awesome in Havasu and now in Parker. It works the whole time while on the 10 to Blythe. I don't take Desert Center anymore. From Blythe up to Parker it works great also even in Parker. There are a few dead spots but it seems to be better as of recently. In fact it now works on the Ca. side of the Parker strip which it never used to. It also works great at my house in the south side of Havasu. I'm not switching. :rollside:

Focker
03-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Dont Get Verizon
Terrible Service/reception In Havasu

HatenWinter
03-09-2006, 10:16 AM
We have good service all over town and on the lake near town but we lose it when heading down the lake. It cuts out somewhere around Steamboat which sucks. Haven't been out there since last October so maybe there's a new cell site in that area. Other than that it works well and were happy with it.

ClownRoyal
03-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Dont Get Verizon
I'll second that!

pm069
03-09-2006, 10:52 AM
I've been real happy with Cingular and formely AT&T. In the channel everyone uses it to order food and to find out about new grandkids etc. :D

NOTALENT
03-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Oh yeah...my sprint will work everywhere for the most part..the only thing is it switches to roaming mode, but that is free of charge. :rollside:

Mrs.Racer277
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
My cingular works most places in Havi. Not sure about Rice Rd. don't drive it

IN2-IN2MX
03-09-2006, 01:03 PM
I have Cingular and it works fine on the way to Havasu and in Havasu.

nodigg
03-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Cellular one!

GHT
03-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Don't know too much about the Desert. But my service is always good in Havi.

Kilrtoy
03-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Don't know too much about the Desert. But my service is always good in Havi.
Yeah we know, your wife is always calling me...Yvonne :)

frdvschvy
03-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Dont Get Verizon
That is definitely the truth. Mojave cellular owns the rights to the CDMA network in Havasu, and therefore Verizon cannot build their own cell sites in this area. When you use your Verizon phone in Havasu it is operating on Mojave cellulars network which SUCKS!!! The Mojave cellular network is so old, and is always at full capacity. I get network busy about 85% of the time when trying make a call in Havasu City. Works great on the CA side where Verizon has it's own cell towers though. Also works great all the way out on the 40, on Rice road, and in Parker. Attempts have been made by Verizon to purchase this area of Mojave Cellulars network, but no such luck yet.
I work for VZW, and will be the first to tell you if you need the phone to work well in Havasu City, then do not get Verizon. :)

USCFAN
03-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Dont get verizon! I have it and get terrible reception in havasu. I guess the can you hear me know guy doesn't own a boat.

SCUBA STEVE
03-09-2006, 04:27 PM
We have cingular, it's just ok in havi, oh wait I havent been there in months. lol :p

Kilrtoy
03-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all the imput guys and girls.....
I have had cingular and it sucked. I would never get my calls and we would miss alot of nights on the town with other people because of this...
We have verizon now and service is awesome everywhere, BUT
as stated we bounce off the mohave network and verizon considers this a outside call and my phone bill last month was 758 dollars... due to the fact i went 2000 minutes over my 1400 minute plan....
they waived it down, but I was put on notice....
Again thanks for your help everyone.
Im lost again

Roxysnow
03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
When you figure out who has the best plans and service, let me know! Thanks! :-)

JackieV
03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Damn you talk alot! lol j.k

nextel4u
03-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Kilrtoy
If you want you can demo a Nextel phone out in Havasu if you like. We can send the demo to your home or office and you can try it for up to 7 days. Nextel works great out in Havasu!
We offer corporate and government discounts on our phones and plans as well. I can give an additional ***boater discount too.
Take Care
John

ClownRoyal
03-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Verizon ... Works great on the CA side where Verizon has it's own cell towers though. Also works great all the way out on the 40, on Rice road, and in Parker. Attempts have been made by Verizon to purchase this area of Mojave Cellulars network, but no such luck yet.
I work for VZW, and will be the first to tell you if you need the phone to work well in Havasu City, then do not get Verizon. :)
I don't get squat in Parker with Verizon. Soon as I am 5 miles South on 95 its no service. Can't do a *228 with Mojave either. To check my msgs in Havasu I have to dial my own number.
Thanks for the info. I always wondered about why Verizon didn't put up some towers around town.

Havasu1986
03-09-2006, 05:22 PM
When you figure out who has the best plans and service, let me know! Thanks! :-)
The best back up plan we have is our land line. We have had the same phone # for over 20 years and it doesn't cost much. We rent to snow birds so it's a write off for us. I have Verizon and I get good reception in town and on the lake.

little rowe boat
03-09-2006, 05:31 PM
I have cingular and I have never had a prob. in Havasu.

FreshTracks
03-09-2006, 06:09 PM
I have Nextel(business) and Sprint (personal) and BOTH suck in Havasu. I will get reception in the channel and in town, but once I'm on the lake the service is gone. My brother has Cingular and he gets service all over the lake from the sandbar down to springs.

cola
03-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Kilrtoy
If you want you can demo a Nextel phone out in Havasu if you like. We can send the demo to your home or office and you can try it for up to 7 days. Nextel works great out in Havasu!
We offer corporate and government discounts on our phones and plans as well. I can give an additional ***boater discount too.
Take Care
John
Nextel, no service 8-10 miles past Desert Center & starts back up around Sara Park. No service in Steamboat or lower on the lake. Going up it's good on the lake, but nothing after you start up river until Topock or so. I've got 6 months left on my contract, then it Cingular.
Late, Mike

Kilrtoy
03-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for all the imput.....
Im gonna give Cingular a try. My Verizon bill is outta control.....

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2006, 01:21 PM
McCulloch's house is the one at the top of the city on thehill.
I thought the yellowish house on the hill was Arnold's and the whiteish one with the LONG driveway was the Head Surgeon at the Hospital?

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2006, 01:26 PM
I just got two new RAZR phones.
Cingular and T-Mobile halt sales of RAZR (http://money.cnn.com/2006/03/10/technology/razr.reut/) due to glitch that powers down phone and/or drops calls.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2006, 01:33 PM
That is definitely the truth. Mojave cellular owns the rights to the CDMA network in Havasu, and therefore Verizon cannot build their own cell sites in this area. When you use your Verizon phone in Havasu it is operating on Mojave cellulars network which SUCKS!!! The Mojave cellular network is so old, and is always at full capacity. I get network busy about 85% of the time when trying make a call in Havasu City. Works great on the CA side where Verizon has it's own cell towers though. Also works great all the way out on the 40, on Rice road, and in Parker. Attempts have been made by Verizon to purchase this area of Mojave Cellulars network, but no such luck yet.
I always wondered why I got that message. Takes me 5 or more tries to make a call sometimes.

waterwitch
03-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I thought the yellowish house on the hill was Arnold's and the whiteish one with the LONG driveway was the Head Surgeon at the Hospital?
I think it's interesting that so many people have good
and bad. I am curious to know if that actual phone makes
a difference?
Arnolds house.. was a rumor. The one in the center is the son
of McCulloch who founded Lake Havasu city.
The one with the long drive way, is Dr. Rizo's house. He is
a ob/gyn.
Rumors: I heard Britney Spears/and Nicholas Cage also live here.
But the guys that started the rumor, (shugrues owners) did it just
to have a little fun.
We should have a forum just for rumors, it'd be kind of like the
spam threads. :)

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2006, 01:36 PM
We should have a forum just for rumors, it'd be kind of like the spam threads. :)
Thanks for the 411. I do know that Top Fuel Drag Racer Cory McClenathan lives in town.

waterwitch
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh sure, anytime. After being here for 26+ years,
yeah kind of get to know everyone, and everything.
(not always a good thing!)
Is it summer yet?

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Is it summer yet?
Not based on this past weekend. It was friggin cold!

Havasu_Dreamin
04-13-2006, 07:48 AM
So, the consensus seems to be that Cingular is the way to go?
I've got Verizon now and I get crappy service at home in La Verne whereas my friend had Cingular sitting in the living room and had 5 full bars when my phone had 1. Therefore, if Cingular works in Havasu AND in La Verne then when my contract is up in July I think I'll be switching to Cingular. The Havasu house is at the top pf McCulloch just past Jamaica, is the Cingular service good up there?

Warlockjer
04-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Cingular did NOT work at all for me. Top of Kiowa and Palo Verde. No service at all. Bad customer service also. Went with Sprint. Works well

Not So Fast
04-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all the imput guys and girls.....
I have had cingular and it sucked. I would never get my calls and we would miss alot of nights on the town with other people because of this...
We have verizon now and service is awesome everywhere, BUT
as stated we bounce off the mohave network and verizon considers this a outside call and my phone bill last month was 758 dollars... due to the fact i went 2000 minutes over my 1400 minute plan....
they waived it down, but I was put on notice....
Again thanks for your help everyone.
Im lost again
HOLY CRAP Kilr, $758 phone bill, please tell me thats a mistake. If not then the cell phone would take a trip out the window going 80mph :cool: NSF