PDA

View Full Version : How cheap is HB????

voodooCanoe
09-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I've been a subscriber for about 15 years, I get the last renewal and sign up again and was offered the free t-shirt, get the coupon voucher in the mail, go to redeem it and now they want to charge 6.00 to send me my free 8.00 shirt:mad: You got to be f'ing kidding me!!!!! I assume others have gotten their "free" shirt as well???
Keep it!!!
Not to mention they missed 2 issues and after a call and 2 months I haven't seen those either. Great new direction guys!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

wolf
09-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I refused to renew!!!! I'd rather get Performance Boat every 2-3 months than renew my Hot Boat.

voodooCanoe
09-21-2008, 04:20 PM
I hated to cancel, seems like the end of a era, but these guys are making it hard to say yes to keeping the tradition alive.
I'm one of those guys that loves to get good stuff in the mail. Like to get as many good quality mag. that I can, but this seems like a good jumping off point. It's not the $ it's the piss poor way to do business.
reminds me of a time i was buying a piece of furniture. $1000. 00 end table.
Had be delivered to the wharehouse, so they asked me if I wanted it delivered to my house for a extra 75.00 or if I would pick it up myself. Being it was close to work and I have a truck I thought I would just save some $ and pick it up. They wanted 25.00 for me to pick it up myself!!!!! This has the same smell to it. :confused:

Todd969
09-22-2008, 06:49 AM
I've been a subscriber for about 15 years, I get the last renewal and sign up again and was offered the free t-shirt, get the coupon voucher in the mail, go to redeem it and now they want to charge 6.00 to send me my free 8.00 shirt:mad: You got to be f'ing kidding me!!!!! I assume others have gotten their "free" shirt as well???
Keep it!!!
Not to mention they missed 2 issues and after a call and 2 months I haven't seen those either. Great new direction guys!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
???
I understood the "free" shirt was going away and they were offering a store coupon instead.

bamboozler
09-25-2008, 10:34 PM
ya its in the crapper,the site went down forever and then never really came all the way back up. and I don't have $250k to invest in a boat. which dominates about 95% of the magazine, along with 2 or 3 gay pictures of some mediocre girls. they are way out of touch. I wont be getting HBO next year.:(

moderator-10
09-26-2008, 08:57 AM
ya its in the crapper,the site went down forever and then never really came all the way back up. and I don't have $250k to invest in a boat. which dominates about 95% of the magazine, along with 2 or 3 gay pictures of some mediocre girls. they are way out of touch. I wont be getting HBO next year.:(
Apparently you haven't read a Performance Boat Magazine. If you're in the market for something under 100K then you obviously haven't seen the last few issues.
I think there's an American Offshore tested at 79K, A DCM at 82K, A Magic deck at 99K, A HTM deck at 94K ETC.
Now if you're looking for a Bayliner,Crownline, Ebbtide etc @ 60K or less then you need to buy a trailer boat mag or something like it.
Just giving you facts.