PDA

View Full Version : Time for boat service!

riverracerx
10-17-2008, 09:55 AM
So I guess my next trip up to Havasu I will do my yearly service on the boat. Did I mention all I have to do is an oil and filter change on two motors? No more drive maintenance. No drive oil, trim pumps. No more replacing water impellers on the water pump. No sea strainer. No hydraulic steering.
But, does anyone know a good place to get a Pella oil extractor? I have to suck all the oil out of the motors and want a nice unit to do so.
Then I need to detail the boat and wax the the whole thing, including the bottom. Fun working on the toys when it isn't a thousand degrees out up there.

yamahajet
10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Try Discountmarinesupplies.com I just picked one up for my yamaha sr210 2 engines as well. :D

riverracerx
10-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey, another Yami dude here. Shhh, don't tell anyone we don't have ***boats. :D
Thanks, I will check it out.

yamahajet
10-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Yamaha boats are the best bang for your buck. I have a hot boat sticker on the back of the boat to throw people off

HDF WATERDOG
10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I just took a ride in my first Yami couple months back. I liked it a lot. A lot of bang for the buck is an understatement.

riverracerx
10-17-2008, 12:28 PM
I have the 21' and it is huge for a 21'. Has a ton of room, lots of freeboard and is a much bigger boat in person. We love ours. And couldn't beat the price.

HDF WATERDOG
10-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah, lots of bells and whistles. I'd bet if Yami could get more people to test drive them, they'de sell a lot more. Even at the boat shows I'de walk on by because I thought they were just silly toys. Going for a ride was certainly a eye opener.

rshrp2003
10-17-2008, 08:18 PM
what was it about the ride that you liked ?

HDF WATERDOG
10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Just overall preformance was really good. Idleing out we could talk to each other. Hit the bouy line hit the throttle. Damn thing was on plane almost instandly. Accelerated to top speed really quick. Smooth as glass. Can't say nothing for rough water handling as the water was flat. Turned on a dime at any speed. Couple of sharp one's at WOT. Made same run with tuber behind us, basicaly no difference. Then pulled a single ski up. I was impressed.
BTW, Only guessing but WOT was probably only about 55 or so.

Throttle
10-18-2008, 02:10 PM
can you use recycled oil, i have some used oil and if you use it, then maybe we could call it recycled.
chris how r u?

rshrp2003
10-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Just overall preformance was really good. Idleing out we could talk to each other. Hit the bouy line hit the throttle. Damn thing was on plane almost instandly. Accelerated to top speed really quick. Smooth as glass. Can't say nothing for rough water handling as the water was flat. Turned on a dime at any speed. Couple of sharp one's at WOT. Made same run with tuber behind us, basicaly no difference. Then pulled a single ski up. I was impressed.
BTW, Only guessing but WOT was probably only about 55 or so.
Sounds like a good alternitive to a wake boardng boat

riverracerx
10-19-2008, 12:20 PM
It is NOT a big water boat! Due to size alone it is a rough ride in big Havasu chop. That being said, it does VERY well in moderate chop to flat water. It does turn on a dime and will get on plane in an instant. (I will race any 32' DCB to 30mph!)
The layout of the boat is awesome for kids and family and you can't show me a better swim step setup.
Just a nice all-around boat for the money.

riverracerx
10-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey Cam! Looking forward to some dirt excursions in Havi soon.

slowinhavasu
10-20-2008, 07:05 PM
I love the table that slips in the swim step ..too cool...
I would use "Arizona Reflections" Mobile wash detailers for the detail......
928-486-1983
Great seeing you guys at Danas B-Day dinner....:D