PDA

View Full Version : Help, I need a Ford contact

Nubbs
03-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Help, I need a contact at Ford. Long story short, I'm getting the run around from Ford. My pickup is currently at the dealer for the 4th time for oil leaking. The field engineer looked at it today and couldn't find any oil leaks!! :mad: :mad: Unreal. Does anyone have a contact that can make things happen? FYI, I've owned the pickup for 7.5 months. Ford has had it for a cumulative total of 31 days so far.
Thanks
Nubbs

Nubbs
03-09-2006, 07:03 PM
powell scooter :cool:
:confused: I'm confused........

BOBALOO
03-09-2006, 07:09 PM
he works for ford,pm him and maybe he can help :cool:
So does Shadow

Eliminator 4 Life
03-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Try Delsack and associates I had the same problem I got all my money back 1-888-395-3666 tell them I sent you

Pussywhippled
03-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Try the chevy dealership, i'm sure they will help you out...

Eliminator 4 Life
03-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Honestly with 60 service bulletins open on the 6.0 PSd how in the fawk and why are you guys still buying these trucks :crossx:

Nubbs
03-09-2006, 07:23 PM
he works for ford,pm him and maybe he can help :cool:
Oops, I didn't know we had a member named power scooter. :redface: I guess I'm still dumbfounded by the Ford engineer who said he couldn't find any oil leaks on my pickup.........even though it's all over the bellhousing and I sent pictures.
Thanks
Nubbs

BOBALOO
03-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Honestly with 60 service bulletins open on the 6.0 PSd how in the fawk and why are you guys still buying these trucks :crossx:
I was SICK of Chevy (I am a Chevy 4 Life guy) but the last 2 trucks spent TOOOOOOOOO much time in the shop. I only drive my personal truck on the weekends so I needed a reliable tow vehicle. I bought a F-250 V-10 b/c of all the problems with the 6.0. 2 guys at work had their 6.0's lemon lawed and a couple other guys that still have theirs only get a couple mpg better than me.
Why do I need a diesel when my 03 has only 35K on it? and I only have a 25' boat? I havent driven my truck in almost 3 weeks.

BOBALOO
03-09-2006, 07:26 PM
i forgot ,i thought he worked at the naked turtle :cool: :rollside:
Part time work only......:D

Eliminator 4 Life
03-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Oops, I didn't know we had a member named power scooter. :redface: I guess I'm still dumbfounded by the Ford engineer who said he couldn't find any oil leaks on my pickup.........even though it's all over the bellhousing and I sent pictures.
Thanks
Nubbs
Nubbs he works for FORD of course hes gonna say he didnt see shit that is how they are I already went through all this trying to save you time its like beating a dead horse. Another thing that works out in your favor if you wanted another ford again by the time you got your lemon lawed it takes about 45 days and you wait another few months the 07s will be out and with the twin turbos :)

Eliminator 4 Life
03-09-2006, 07:30 PM
I was SICK of Chevy (I am a Chevy 4 Life guy) but the last 2 trucks spent TOOOOOOOOO much time in the shop. I only drive my personal truck on the weekends so I needed a reliable tow vehicle. I bought a F-250 V-10 b/c of all the problems with the 6.0. 2 guys at work had their 6.0's lemon lawed and a couple other guys that still have theirs only get a couple mpg better than me.
Why do I need a diesel when my 03 has only 35K on it? and I only have a 25' boat? I havent driven my truck in almost 3 weeks.
That is a good safe call there you cant go wrong the v10 has proven its self. I had them all Duramaxs, powerstroker and now I got the Cummins like the v10 that motor has proven itself now the tranny is another story :)

SummitKarl
03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Help, I need a contact at Ford. Long story short, I'm getting the run around from Ford. My pickup is currently at the dealer for the 4th time for oil leaking. The field engineer looked at it today and couldn't find any oil leaks!! :mad: :mad: Unreal. Does anyone have a contact that can make things happen? FYI, I've owned the pickup for 7.5 months. Ford has had it for a cumulative total of 31 days so far.
Thanks
Nubbs
Nubbs,
I went through this before with Ford, when I bought my truck new.
my case was a brake binding problem. to make a long story short. I had to go through 5 (documented) visits for service to Ford at that time that was the qualification for the California Lemon law (I think it's still the same) anyways it was almost impossible to get them to act ( I got the run around as well) after asking them to replace the truck under the Ca, lemon law, it was one delay after another...after 5 months I had enough and took matters into my own hands...I financed it through Ford Motor Credit.(FMC) so I called them and said I would not make another payment and had the truck hidden out of state. after some bickering from FMC about how it could hurt my credit I explained I was more worried about the $25k truck that wasn't working..
BAM!!!!! the very next morning they called with a new VIN number of the new truck that was to be delivered in two weeks.
I don't know if this will help you, or even if it's the right approach, but it's what worked for me

Eliminator 4 Life
03-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Nubbs,
I went through this before with Ford, when I bought my truck new.
my case was a brake binding problem. to make a long story short. I had to go through 5 (documented) visits for service to Ford at that time that was the qualification for the California Lemon law (I think it's still the same) anyways it was almost impossible to get them to act ( I got the run around as well) after asking them to replace the truck under the Ca, lemon law, it was one delay after another...after 5 months I had enough and took matters into my own hands...I financed it through Ford Motor Credit.(FMC) so I called them and said I would not make another payment and had the truck hidden out of state. after some bickering from FMC about how it could hurt my credit I explained I was more worried about the $25k truck that wasn't working..
BAM!!!!! the very next morning they called with a new VIN number of the new truck that was to be delivered in two weeks.
I don't know if this will help you, or even if it's the right approach, but it's what worked for me
Good story wrong approach first of all this could really fawk up your credit having all these 30 day lates as far as truck payments and maybe even having a repo on it. Secondly CA lemon law states 3 attempts for one problem I should know I have lemon lawed two red diesels in a row. I know the law :)

Jordy
03-09-2006, 07:47 PM
I should know I have lemon lawed two red diesels in a row.
Wow, another happy FukkedOverRebuiltDodge owner huh? Want to buy a turnkey jetboat??? It's Ford powered... :D :D :D

Nubbs
03-09-2006, 07:47 PM
powell scooter
What can I say, it's just one of them days. I just him a pm.

Eliminator 4 Life
03-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Wow, another happy FukkedOverRebuiltDodge owner huh? Want to buy a turnkey jetboat??? It's Ford powered?? :D :D :D
Well depends on what ford motor does it have and how big is it :)

Eliminator 4 Life
03-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey Nubbs HELLO NUBBS are you hearing what Im telling you dont even bother PM'ing anyone you are beating a dead horse call the attorney :)

Nubbs
03-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey Nubbs HELLO NUBBS are you hearing what Im telling you dont even bother PM'ing anyone you are beating a dead horse call the attorney :)
I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Thanks
Nubbs

cc322
03-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Just for the record Love my 10 pistons burnin 4 wheels turnin V10. :)

shadow
03-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks
Nubbs
Seen tons of rear mains leaking on the 6.0,surprised they can't get it fixed.
Also seen leaks at the top of the engine running down and appear to be a rear
main.

JB in so cal
03-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Seen tons of rear mains leaking on the 6.0,surprised they can't get it fixed.
Also seen leaks at the top of the engine running down and appear to be a rear
main.
Nobody likes a showoff :rolleyes:

little rowe boat
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
I would still take the 6.0 over the duracrap.

Jordy
03-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I would still take the 6.0 over the duracrap.
Yeah, me too. It's such a great platform that they're going to abandon it and go with a 6.6 liter twin turbo. Guess if you can't fix all the fk ups in one engine you should just go another route. Oh, and lets not talk about the POS tranny that runs behind the powerchoke. ;)

little rowe boat
03-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Never had a prob. with the tranny in my truck.

Eliminator 4 Life
03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, me too. It's such a great platform that they're going to abandon it and go with a 6.6 liter twin turbo. Guess if you can't fix all the fk ups in one engine you should just go another route. Oh, and lets not talk about the POS tranny that runs behind the powerchoke. ;)
Jordy I dont get a chance to often to correct you but isnt it a 6.4 thats coming out twin turbo :) :idea:

Jordy
03-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Jordy I dont get a chance to often to correct you but isnt it a 6.4 thats coming out twin turbo :) :idea:
I've seen 6.2, 6.4, 6.6. It's a ferd, which rhymes with turd. Who cares???? :D :D :D
They should have fun with all the extra heat that the twin turbo setup creates. Just look at Cat with the ACCERT technology. EGR creates too much heat so we're going twin turbo.... they burned more than a few trucks to the ground with that deal.... :rolleyes: :)

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 06:39 AM
I too have the V-10 and love it. It pulls the boat great and is really responsive. The ride is another thing I love about Ford. I also enjoy the leg room. I am 6'5 and can barley fit in my buddies Chevy, let alone trying to get in the back seat of one. The only guys who buy Chevy's are the little guys. Anyone over 6'0 can not fit in them.
Just my .02!

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 06:41 AM
I've seen 6.2, 6.4, 6.6. It's a ferd, which rhymes with turd. Who cares???? :D :D :D
They should have fun with all the extra heat that the twin turbo setup creates. Just look at Cat with the ACCERT technology. EGR creates too much heat so we're going twin turbo.... they burned more than a few trucks to the ground with that deal.... :rolleyes: :)
You own a Chevy and a Whacker?? Now things are starting to make sense.
Thanks again for the hook up on the concrete!

PowellScooter
03-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Thanks TnB ! Nubbs I sent ya a PM reply

91nordic29
03-10-2006, 07:46 AM
teeeheee! he said the "F" word. :redface:
j/k :rollside:

shadow
03-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Nubbs,whats the word with your truck?have they gotten it straightend out yet?
I was thinking after pm/ing you.I wonder if they checked around the cam sensor,the cam sensor o'rings are known for leaking.Located on the left side of the engine towards the front.O'rings will leak and run back along the top edge of the oil pan to the bellhousing area.Can be mistaken for rear main.If the rear main was replaced and done right it shouldn't leak again unless whoever did it scraped/scratched the crank.

Magic Boomerang
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
I had the same problem and downtime. Finally after 4 attempts, the tech's @ Ford replaced my head gaskets. No more leaks, power as good as new! Good Luck!

shadow
03-12-2006, 07:10 PM
I had the same problem and downtime. Finally after 4 attempts, the tech's @ Ford replaced my head gaskets. No more leaks, power as good as new! Good Luck!
Head gaskets for an oil leak concern?Or an overheat concern?At Bradley?