PDA

View Full Version : ab imperller-vs- b

banson1
05-14-2002, 07:44 PM
I aam looking for a little more top end and am currently running 4800 rpms with b impeller and have a nice ab imeller I am wondering if I install it will I gain any top end ? I would thik I will give up a little out of the hole and any help would be greatly helpfull.
thanks

77charger
05-14-2002, 07:52 PM
it would help out of the hole slightly.and i would guess you would knock off about 150-200 rpm.

MikeC
05-14-2002, 08:57 PM
banson1, This is my own way of thinking about it..........
I think that depends allot on your cam/engine and Pump condition. Example; If an A impeller pumps 100 gallons of water a minute at 5200 rmp's, and a BC imp pumps 100 gallons of water a minute at 5300 rmps, well then, you may get a better hole shot since the higher RPMps will/should excellerate the water better, considering it would have more velocity :-) or, if your Impeller sucks you may cause - cavitation :-( But if your cam/engine likes the 5300 rpm, it just may take it up to 5500 rpm's then you are really pumping the H20... You need to be a Jet Guru to calculater this correctly or else you just may be stuck pumping 75 gallons at 5250...
These numbers are only examples!
Is this all foggy?
MikeC

MikeC
05-14-2002, 09:09 PM
Actually since you have asked the opposite question. The same principle applies.
With my OLDS 455, I went from an A to B, I gained 100 rmp's and went the same speed or slower, so I went back to the A... Try it, and see how you like it. Without knowing where your torque ends you need to experiment a little.
MikeC

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-15-2002, 09:17 AM
The Diff between a A/B & B should be about 200 rpm drop going from a B to A/B- Hole shot should go up a little-Top end MPH should drop off a little if any.
Should be- is based on others impellers-
if you are going from or to Aggressor Impeller these numbers go out the window.
IE- As a general rule=Anyone else Impeller, A for A is a 400 RPM drop going to ours. which makes there A our B- Gets confusing don't it. Dave- call me if I can help 888-246-5075