PDA

View Full Version : Unnerving-You bet!

Cas
03-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Go to this link and enter your street address...it will show a "house" in the middle of the map, that's your house... all the little colored boxes are registered Sex Offenders... click on them and you get a name, address & picture of the person along with his crime... pretty amazing and scary...it shows you where they live in proximity to your home and the local schools.
Family Watch Dog (http://www.familywatchdog.us)

TUNNEL T
03-09-2006, 11:35 PM
tried to find this site before ,no such luck! thanks a bunch,kinda makes you feel good about the neighbor you choose to raise your kids! TUNNEL T

Outnumbered
03-09-2006, 11:44 PM
This works better for AZ:
http://az.gov/webapp/offender/searchZip.do
Only one in my ZIP and over 4 miles away. The other site did not show him.

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 05:39 AM
This works better for AZ:
http://az.gov/webapp/offender/searchZip.do
Only one in my ZIP and over 4 miles away. The other site did not show him.
Thanks!
WOuld anyone like to buy a house???? I have a Level 3 Offender living one street away.

deltarat
03-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Thanks!
WOuld anyone like to buy a house???? I have a Level 3 Offender living one street away.
When the State of Cal. first started letting people view this information we found out that the guy right across the street had molested 12 kids when he was working for the Church. He had spent 10 years in prison and when he got out he moved on to my street. I was pissed. I had tipped many beers with this guy and our kids played together on a daily basis(sp). We got the whole neighborhood together and chased him and his family away. The thing I felt bad about was that no matter where he goes this is going to continue for him and his family. I could care less for him as he is truely a F#cktard and his wife was stupid enough to take him back when he got out of prison, but his kids will never know what it is like to have a normal childhood.

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 06:32 AM
When the State of Cal. first started letting people view this information we found out that the guy right across the street had molested 12 kids when he was working for the Church. He had spent 10 years in prison and when he got out he moved on to my street. I was pissed. I had tipped many beers with this guy and our kids played together on a daily basis(sp). We got the whole neighborhood together and chased him and his family away. The thing I felt bad about was that no matter where he goes this is going to continue for him and his family. I could care less for him as he is truely a F#cktard and his wife was stupid enough to take him back when he got out of prison, but his kids will never know what it is like to have a normal childhood.
What did you do to get him out. My wife is on the HOA board, would that help? It says that he is a Child Molester. And we just had twins.

C-2
03-10-2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks!
This happened in our neighborhood. Potential buyers said they really liked the house, but not the perv up the street, so they passed.
That mutha ****a :mad: :mad: :mad:

deltarat
03-10-2006, 06:51 AM
What did you do to get him out. My wife is on the HOA board, would that help? It says that he is a Child Molester. And we just had twins.
For legal reasons the HOA won’t go near your problem, in fact our HOA said it was in our best interest to do nothing. So that is just what we did. We passed out no flyers to all of the neighbors with in a mile, we didn't sit in my front yard a talk about the fact that we knew what he did and we did not like him being there, we didn't get a hold of his wife’s boss and let him know what the husband of his employee did, and all of the people in the neighborhood certainly did not drive by his house real slow and check his address against the one on the flyer that we did not pass out. After a few days of this not happening I did not stick the flyer in his mail box for him to see either. None of the direct neighbors confronted his wife and asked her how the hell she could live with the fact that her children lived in the same house as this F#cktard. But for some reason he felt compelled to move after about two weeks of this stuff not happening.

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 06:55 AM
For legal reasons the HOA won’t go near your problem, in fact our HOA said it was in our best interest to do nothing. So that is just what we did. We passed out no flyers to all of the neighbors with in a mile, we didn't sit in my front yard a talk about the fact that we knew what he did and we did not like him being there, we didn't get a hold of his wife’s boss and let him know what the husband of his employee did, and all of the people in the neighborhood certainly did not drive by his house real slow and check his address against the one on the flyer that we did not pass out. After a few days of this not happening I did not stick the flyer in his mail box for him to see either. None of the direct neighbors confronted his wife and asked her how the hell she could live with the fact that her children lived in the same house as this F#cktard. But for some reason he felt compelled to move after about two weeks of this stuff not happening.
LMAO. For not doing anything, you sure got some good results.

boxscore
03-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Nice resource there. Why do they all look like scumbags? Hmph. :mad:

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 07:00 AM
Another thing I can not get over is the fact that we live right across the street from a daycare center and montessior school. I thought these guys could not live with in a certain distance of them.

C-2
03-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Hmmmm.....seems this issue is starting to trickle thru the courts. HOA's and private communities are writing CC&R's which exclude registered ofenders from buying homes within their communities. Sex offenders are not a "protected class" (like minorities, disabilities), and apparently outside the scope of federal housing acts. Not sure what the recourse is for existing residents, but case law I saw was out of NJ in favor of HOA.
Flip side is HOA's and private communities might get sued for NOT protecting their residents pursuant to their own CC&R's.
Bottom line is a win-win for attorneys on either side.

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Hmmmm.....seems this issue is starting to trickle thru the courts. HOA's and private communities are writing CC&R's which exclude registered ofenders from buying homes within their communities. Sex offenders are not a "protected class" (like minorities, disabilities), and apparently outside the scope of federal housing acts. Not sure what the recourse is for existing residents, but case law I saw was out of NJ in favor of HOA.
Flip side is HOA's and private communities might get sued for NOT protecting their residents pursuant to their own CC&R's.
Bottom line is a win-win for attorneys on either side.
I would gladly pay to get this guy out. We have never had a problem, but just the fact that he is there is making me worry. If I would have known he lived there I would have never bought the house. It should have been disclosed when we purchased.

91nordic29
03-10-2006, 07:19 AM
Nice resource there. Why do they all look like scumbags? Hmph. :mad:
that is just the thing. the DONT all look like scumbags. another important point is that these are only the ones who have been CAUGHT and convicted. they usually commit many, many offenses throughout their life before (and if) they ever get caught. parents need to be ever - viligant in leaving their kids alone with any adult no matter who they are.

C-2
03-10-2006, 07:26 AM
I would gladly pay to get this guy out. We have never had a problem, but just the fact that he is there is making me worry. If I would have known he lived there I would have never bought the house. It should have been disclosed when we purchased.
Maybe a realtor can chime in here, but I think the burden is on the buyer, sot the seller. Even if the burden is on the sller...be damn hard to prove they had actual knowledge. One of those "he said, she said", "you never heard it from me" type deals where bothe the realtor/seller butry their heads in the sand.
-----------
When I first ran this by one of my clients/personal attorney, he chuckled, saying no way, instant emotional distress counterclaims, possible civil rights violations. But he put more thought into it and said, hmmm
---
Any realtors know Cali law on disclosure of known sex offenders? Buyers or sellers burden?

OutCole'd
03-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Figures, I put in my address and Nevada does not participate in this. :mad:

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Maybe a realtor can chime in here, but I think the burden is on the buyer, sot the seller. Even if the burden is on the sller...be damn hard to prove they had actual knowledge. One of those "he said, she said", "you never heard it from me" type deals where bothe the realtor/seller butry their heads in the sand.
-----------
When I first ran this by one of my clients/personal attorney, he chuckled, saying no way, instant emotional distress counterclaims, possible civil rights violations. But he put more thought into it and said, hmmm
---
Any realtors know Cali law on disclosure of known sex offenders? Buyers or sellers burden?
Here in AZ as a Class 3, the city is required to hand out fliers within a 1 mile radius of where the offender lives. This is just what I have read from that link above. So the seller would have to know

NautiTwins
03-10-2006, 07:39 AM
There's a big legal crevasse from being notified about something via a bulk rate mailed flyer and having to disclose that same information to a potential buyer.
Do you read all the bulk mail flyers you get in the mail? I don't have three hours a night to peruse my junk mail.
No but I do open the ones that look like a check from the outside, only to open them and find out it is another damn mortgage company trying to get me to refi the house at 1% 30 year fixed. LMAO

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Noone in my neighborhood.

boxscore
03-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Figures, I put in my address and Nevada does not participate in this. :mad:
In North Las Vegas it's easier to have all the non-sex offenders register.

OutCole'd
03-10-2006, 08:29 AM
In North Las Vegas it's easier to have all the non-sex offenders register.

572Daytona
03-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Typically in real estate the seller wouldn't be liable for disclosure of information such as this that is public knowledge and can be discovered by the buyer or their agent with a reasonable amount of effort. At least that's how it works in Georgia.
Personally, besides sex offenders, I wish they would list other neighborhood criminals such as druggies and theives as well. It would be nice who to protect your stuff from.