PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a little more wedge?

disco_charger
05-21-2002, 10:08 AM
I had my buddy take these pics. I thought I had a lot more boat out of the water. What do ya think, a degree or two more? I've got a berk droop, loader grate, nozzle reducer and an A impeller. Pretty stock 454 with a medium rise dual plane manifold and a Holley 800.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/WOT.JPG
Disco
[This message has been edited by disco_charger (edited May 21, 2002).]

HBjet
05-21-2002, 10:12 AM
Hard to tell, the photo wasn't taken level with the boat. It looks like you still have a lot of the hull in the water towards the front, but again, can't be sure unless the view was level. Where was the photo taken at? Do you know what speed you were at too?
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited May 21, 2002).]

disco_charger
05-21-2002, 10:20 AM
I don't have a speedo or GPS, my best real guess is 62 to 66 MPH. The photographer was about 10 feet above the water level. That pic was taken yesterday at Needles Marina Park.
Disco

Old Charger
05-21-2002, 03:27 PM
Would a Place Diverter be out of the question? It'd solve yer problem for sure and be whole hell of a lot of fun! Roosters are bitchen, chicks dig it! C'mon, you know you wanna. All yer friends are doin it! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

77charger
05-21-2002, 04:13 PM
I'd go with a diverter if you want more lift.A wedge is non adj as you are moving and to much wedge may cause a poroise and you will have to live with that until you remove the extra wedge.

disco_charger
05-21-2002, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I've been toying with the idea of a diverter, I just don't think I want to spend too much more money on this boat (please keep the snickering down about spending money on the boat). I think I'm saving up for something else. I looked at the Agressor diverter and the Place. On price alone, I was leaning toward the Agressor. I probably should just do it.
Thanks
Brian

jweeks123
05-22-2002, 12:23 AM
Ah, the old "price" thing.
What about the "get what you pay for thing"?
jw

HammerDown
05-22-2002, 03:43 AM
If ya look good at the pic. the whole side of the boat is visible...he's not even breaking water on the side! Looks pretty good from my seat.
O.K. went back and had another peek...I'm thinking some type of diverter may get the bow up some.
[This message has been edited by HammerDown (edited May 22, 2002).]

disco_charger
05-22-2002, 05:57 AM
I'm wondering if the old girl has a bunch of hook in it and even though the water doesn't break until somewhere by the back seats, the hook is keeping the nose down. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/not_up_enough.JPG
Disco
[This message has been edited by disco_charger (edited May 22, 2002).]

Old Charger
05-22-2002, 05:59 AM
Maybe you could look at it from a resale point of view. You might get more or at least break even on the diverter when it comes time to sell? And in the meantime, you get something to play with!

flat broke
05-22-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Old Charger:
Maybe you could look at it from a resale point of view. You might get more or at least break even on the diverter when it comes time to sell? And in the meantime, you get something to play with!
Ya beat me to it! The diverter will be one of those items folks will use to grind you on, so you might as well put it in, use it and then have it as plus at sale time... Or, if you're going to get another Jet, just hold onto your stock steering nozzle, then swap the diverter off before you sell the boat if the boat your buying needs one.
Just a thought,
Chris