PDA

View Full Version : pump parts...again

wsuwrhr
05-13-2002, 10:14 PM
After careful consideration, conversations
with Jack at MPD, and my unwillingness to do it the "easy way," I started on a 17-4PH
shaft to make a Berkuzzi. I am curious what the results will be. Maybe good, maybe complete shit...we'll see. Haha.
Jim Guthrie started the idea in my head that it was possible, and Jack at MPD was real helpful and sent me all the parts I needed, and Legend Jet Drives backed up the ideas I had to make the shaft.
I should have a good used "B" Jacuzzi impeller, wear ring, and bronze tail shaft bushing available if anyone is interested. If the new shaft works maybe someone will be interested in it.
I still have to cut the inside of the bowl for the impeller and I am considering modifying the nozzle side to accept a berk diverter, mainly for the cost. I figure I am welding the shit out it anyway, and the Jacuzzi diverter is 200 bucks more. 8 bolts to hold it versus 4. I can't even find a used G bowl and the new ones are 700 or so.
Any ideas?
Brian
[This message has been edited by wsuwrhr (edited May 13, 2002).]

HYDROMOBILE
05-14-2002, 11:09 AM
I have a bowl , shaft ,empeller, suction piece, already done, bowl has berk flange welded on and will accept berkeley rear bushings. Jim brock (818)890-1867 jbcyclone@aol.com, ps also berk split bowl $ 350.00

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-15-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr:
Brian
[This message has been edited by wsuwrhr (edited May 13, 2002).]
Brian- not sure what you are after- we just finished making a lower cost conversion kit for the W
We tooled a new Impeller- shaft requires minor trim only. not using taper locator on shaft for Impeller. A Minor Mod to the Bowl to open the bowl vane flow up, which cleans up nice. The Kit will list for $740.00 Impeller, Seals, Gaskets, O Rings, T/Bearing, Bowl & Shaft Mods.
We will also offer a new Shaft for this Kit @ $440.00 Add.
We installed the first unit on a Hi Tech Performance "W" pump, Dwayne had in a used boat for sale, "looks like a winner" conversion. We are releasing a second unit for test this week. If interested call me and I will let you know how test unit is doing. Dave
[This message has been edited by AGGRESSOR JETS (edited May 15, 2002).]

rivercrazy
05-15-2002, 10:11 AM
More Aggressor SPAM. LOL http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

ChetCapoli
05-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy:
More Aggressor SPAM. LOL http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
I dont see any other mfg doing anything postive lately do you? ;p
Chet

wsuwrhr
05-15-2002, 05:46 PM
Dave...Thanks for the input. I really appreciate someone in the industry to take the time and work with us "idiots." Jack McClure, Jim Guthrie, and yourself are stand up guys in my book.
As far as where I am going with the pump, I really didn't know at first. I didn't know if I should spend two thousand dollars REBUILDING the Jacuzzi. It seemed the major WJ flaw was in the impeller/shaft design. Is this true? I looked at a Berk impeller and I thought they were close enough in size to fit in the WJ bowl. With that in mind I designed a shaft and I made one out of 17-4. It took me about 4 hours, which translates into far less than the 500 bucks it would have cost me to buy one. I took it to Gary's to have it chromed and ground. Unfortunatly I dont have the machinery to spline the shaft, perhaps you can tell me where I can get that portion done. I would appreciate it. Let me know what you think of my project so far. I would call you but you always seem so busy, I figure you can answer this at your convienience. Thanks,
Brian
[This message has been edited by wsuwrhr (edited May 15, 2002).]

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-17-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr:
Dave...Thanks for the input.
[This message has been edited by wsuwrhr (edited May 15, 2002).]
Brian Help me out here, are you trying to get a Agg/Berk style impeller in your W
If so fine machine the old shaft down to the Impeller size. Leave the front alone to fit your seals etc. Make a new Bowl Bearing to The Agg/Berk shaft size. To fit the bowl
make a new sleeve insert for the Bowl to fit the new shaft size. You can press fit bowl bushings or not. I think you bowl uses brass as the bushing anyway.
On shaft for the bowl bushing wear surface-stay out of the hard chrome nonsence. Just put a clean finish on this surface for the bushings. This was way overkill & today Hard Chrome will cost you more than the shaft.
Call me if you like-888-246-5075-Dave
PS- You need to turn your bowl also to open the vanes for flow. We carry all seals w/Rngs
T/Bearings you might need. JM Clipper-Original Seals & produce a gasket & o'ring kit also so you can get them from any of our dealers.
If you want to get the spline on the old size shaft I think you will have a big problem. I had to redesign our new shaft size
and put a shaft sleeve just like on our std. pump shaft as no one had a coller big enough to hold the Jac size for cutting the splines.