PDA

View Full Version : I've got water in my jet bowl

project-speed
05-23-2002, 08:47 PM
ok , i'm washing my boat when i see a creamy substance oozing (it's not what you may be thinking) out of one of the grease plugs on the back of my jet. I know how to get the oil in, how do i get the water out? i have no clue how the water got in there. i hope there's not a crack in it. it only has three hours on it. It's a berkley jc.

SPECTRABRENT
05-23-2002, 09:44 PM
Project-Speed,
Take both pipe fittings out of the bowl and put the oil in one side until oil comes out the other side. When I had my jet boat, I would do this everytime I went out along with greasing the pump bearing.
Brent

Wet Dream
05-24-2002, 05:42 AM
When I bought my boat, I would get 5300 rpm out of it. On a hole shot it seemed like forever before it would launch. When I pulled my pump apart to polish it, I noticed the oil seal on the bowl was inside out. This happened from one of two things, either the broken oil plug allowed pressure from the bowl to blow it, or the idiot that put the bowl on last time just rammed it over the shaft and turned it inside out. If you can remove your plugs (on the bowl) drain whatever you can out of there, then plug one and stick your lips on the other one and blow into it, if it keeps taking air, that seal is blown. You will have to remove the bowl and replace that seal. After I did mine, the launch was much improved and I can only get 4900 out her now. I figure its more efficient since I'm not getting any bypass pressure now.

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-24-2002, 07:25 AM
Wet Dream is right or the seal is gone. Most will leak water into the oil cavity- its good to change the bowl oil several times a year.look at the seal! Dave
[This message has been edited by AGGRESSOR JETS (edited May 24, 2002).]

project-speed
05-24-2002, 08:04 AM
I'll tear it apart and see what I can find. it realy pisses me off becauce it was supposed to been rebuilt. Thanks for the help.