PDA

View Full Version : valve cover grommet.

cncer691
05-13-2002, 03:22 PM
I have some old Hardin Marine valve covers. Where would I go about getting the D shaped grommet for the pcv and breather filter? I need to get rid of my damn leaky(cheap!) edelbrock valve covers.

Moomawnster
05-13-2002, 03:57 PM
I changed my Hardin covers for a pair of cast aluminum Holly's , I have never had a leak since ! My hardin's were sheet metal and the same as stock automotive but chrome .

bajaruner
05-13-2002, 10:27 PM
Try NAPA. most all the valve cover grommets used on marine valve covers came from automotive. Take the valve cover and grommet with you. I'm assuming you have the cast aluminum Hardin covers.

cncer691
05-14-2002, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I do, but I tried tha a few years afo and camne up w/ nothing. I used round ones, but I couln't get a pcv to fit the very mishaped hole.

Banshee
05-14-2002, 02:47 PM
I’m with Moomawnster on this one. Go with a set of cast aluminum covers and you’ll be satisfied with them. The cast covers are much more rigid than sheet metal which means they won't bow up between the bolts.
P.S. I also have Holley’s

apollo74
05-14-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by cncer691:
I have some old Hardin Marine valve covers. Where would I go about getting the D shaped grommet for the pcv and breather filter? I need to get rid of my damn leaky(cheap!) edelbrock valve covers.
they sound like the d-shaped ones that olds uses on there valve covers- try Year One they would probably have them listed for olds covers. good luck